A.c. Cost Break Down

• Thread starter bankcee
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bankcee

bankcee

any one really break down the cost of their a.c. use? Trying to see what everyone else is paying, preferably So cal indoor growers. Edison gots me fucked at .22 a kw. well at least I think that's a shitty rate. I avoid a.c. as much as possible. plants don't seem to mind physically. but I bet those hotter days stunt them a little I've noticed it outdoors. I have 3 footers that haven't moved in size in weeks. hahaha

how often is the a.c. being used, how much and which was lowest and highest cost months? same as heaters and such in winter time? or how do you keep consistent temps during your winter runs?

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I use co2 to save on my a.c. usage from flip to day 42. Its cheaper, and more yield. Then as the weeks go, I cool the room ending at 75* on and 70* off. I'm in Mi, so not sire of the $/kw. I just pay the bill, and not really give it a 2nd look. Lol

Dunge

Dunge

I use co2 to save on my a.c. usage from flip to day 42. Its cheaper, and more yield. Then as the weeks go, I cool the room ending at 75* on and 70* off. I'm in Mi, so not sire of the $/kw. I just pay the bill, and not really give it a 2nd look. Lol
How high do you let the room get and do you monitor co2 concentrations, please?

bankcee

bankcee

co2 because you need higher temps right?

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I use a master green house controller w/fuzzy logic for everything. A/c, deheuy, co2. Flip to day 42 I run 82* canopy level, plus fans blowing across the glass of my ac hoods. I don't run any hotter. It didn't work out well for me listening to others.

bankcee

bankcee

so this is an obvious question.. how do you get your temps to 82?

bankcee

bankcee

how many lights you cool,demon? and what your monthly bills look like?

Leew421

Leew421

At peak heat outside I'm paying about 430. I run two Flouence Spydrx Plus lights, 14kbtu ac, booster fan, exhaust fan on short cycle timer, circulating fan. Veg tent is 2 4 ft t5 fixtures 4x8 bulbs, 1 Spydrx, fans, intake fan, areo cloner. Dry tent is just fans. I run my controller and co2 as well.

Screenshot 20170906 071126
Last edited:
Ceveres

Ceveres

At peak heat outside I'm paying about 430. I run two Flouence Spydrx Plus lights, 14kbtu ac, booster fan, exhaust fan on short cycle timer, circulating fan. Veg tent is 2 4 ft t5 fixtures 4x8 bulbs, 1 Spydrx, fans, intake fan, areo cloner. Dry tent is just fans. I run my controller and co2 as well.
What app is that?

Leew421

Leew421

I run Iponic 624 controller. It's actually through the internet but I pull it on my phone

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

@bankcee
In use a 14k portable a.c. plugged into my master controller. Set temps day and night and walk away. Plug my co2 reg into it, set ppm and walk away. Plug deheuy into it, set rh and walk away.

I run 4x315cmh (previous 3x600hps), all in big kahuna ac hoods. I use 2x 8" 720cfm fans at 100%.

Bills average 550-700 now. They were upwards of 900/mo when I ran hps/mh.

I run 3 rooms, so I pull some power.

Leew421

Leew421

I had to take out my dehumidifier cause it caused heat to rise too much. I don't really have an issue of too much. My exhaust will fix it. The timer is set for every 45 min for 5 min

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I only use the deheuy at week 6 and beyond. My rh never gets about 65% from flip to week 6. From week 6 to days 64 harvest, my temps get dropped, so it helps negate the rh as well.

bankcee

bankcee

very helpful fellas! that bill is for everything right demon? lights fans misc? what size room?

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Every thing including my building power. Which is maybe 50/mo.

Top Bottom