a/c exhaust

• Thread starter LBH
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LBH

LBH

I'm looking to put a portable a/c in each closet here next summer. I notice the way they are set up is the main bosy stays in the room and then the duct work goes out the window.

Is it unhealthy if instead of out the window, it just dumps from in the closet , out into the room (my living room), like the exhaust from the lights does?

dentonland

dentonland

:cool0010:I have two a/c,s like the one ur talking about. THe exhaust that comes out is very warm. I"ld at least put it up to the attic.. Remember the air blown out isnt filtered like a canister and a fan.. theres no charqcoal to cleanse it. Outside is best... attic is minimum.. to a room is a no go.

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

He's right on the mark with that answer. It's too hot to dump in a room.

LBH

LBH

Is it hotter than the exhaust from the lights? Heat really isn't the issue, even with the 2x 400's dumping into the room, I also run 2 medium window units, 1 at each end of the apt to keep the apt cool (tiny place, maybe 5-600 sq ft)

ok, aside from heat, is the air it exhausts dangerous in any way?

U

username09

why not just run duct work from a window ac unit into the grow area? if you couldnt do that then just exhaust into the attic.

M

Mr.Detroit

No its just hot air but that shit will get retarded... exhaust to the outside somewhere even if you gotta blow out a window or drill a hole in a wall or whatever... helicopters love hot attics. A shitload of hot air coming out the side of your house could be from your dryer or your highly efficient 90+% furnace.

420Gator

420Gator

potables suck, sry for not giving advice about your particular question... just letting you know

3Cz

Something to think about with a portable or any airconditioner. They draw moisture and exhaust it out with the hot air. If you vent that hot air into your attic you'll be needing a new roof one day soon. All the roof boards will soak up the moisture and rot out on you. That also will create black mold too, deadly. It's always best to vent anything directly outside, even it's a pain to do, do it right. You'll be a happier camper in the long run.

Regards,
3Cz

Str8Dank

Str8Dank

that air is like 100 degrees and compared to my 6" 445 cfm fan i think it blows damn near as hard. your house would not be livable if you did that. also look at the window ac's and how to build a box on the back of them. imho they work better, they are way cheaper to put together AND you dont get smell leaking like you do with those shitty ass potables (i owned one and got rid of it)

3Cz

A good portable is worth it's weight in gold. I've had three of them and the first, a cheapy was junk. The other two have a single hose exhaust and draw in room air only and exhaust the humitidy. Some have two vent hoses and one intakes outside air only and does not dehumidify the room.

Regards

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

Something to think about with a portable or any airconditioner. They draw moisture and exhaust it out with the hot air. If you vent that hot air into your attic you'll be needing a new roof one day soon. All the roof boards will soak up the moisture and rot out on you. That also will create black mold too, deadly. It's always best to vent anything directly outside, even it's a pain to do, do it right. You'll be a happier camper in the long run.

Regards,
3Cz

The exhaust air (from condenser) off an a/c is not moisture laden unless ur room is moisture laden. Will be lower relative humidity than room because is raised from condensing refrigerant.

LBH

LBH

The exhaust air (from condenser) off an a/c is not moisture laden unless ur room is moisture laden. Will be lower relative humidity than room because is raised from condensing refrigerant.

Great advice John.

Thanks for all the input folks :)

BakedReality

BakedReality

Bean Poppin..
Supporter
How are the mini-splits? are you talking like the one from panasonic or similar?

What are the costs and difficulty of install?

any info would be much appreciated as I am very curious about these

Latest posts

Top Bottom