A/c Runnoff Water Ok For Dwc?

• Thread starter LuccaDaddy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LuccaDaddy

LuccaDaddy

No but oddly enough if you shale it it kinda fizzes like soda for a second or 2. ...anyways I added 2 teaspoons cal mag. In a 3gallon dwc so lets see how they look on wednesday thirsday. If fresh leaves are going bad then /shrug maybe it is alittle toxic water

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Sorry, pots.

Oil isnt water soluble.
And where are these oils comin from?
The water collects on an aluminum A coil and is caught by a pan and drips thru pvc. Its not exposed to shit. If his ac aint leakin refrigerant then what r we talkin about?
Can't follow my logic? I don't have much to say. Refrigant and oil are only 2 of the chemicals used in the process of manufacturing.

G gnome

G gnome

No but oddly enough if you shale it it kinda fizzes like soda for a second or 2. ...anyways I added 2 teaspoons cal mag. In a 3gallon dwc so lets see how they look on wednesday thirsday. If fresh leaves are going bad then /shrug maybe it is alittle toxic water
Shale?

LuccaDaddy

LuccaDaddy

Can't follow my logic? I don't have much to say. Refrigant and oil are only 2 of the chemicals used in the process of manufacturing.
I know what your saying. Just like pots an pans. If not washed right especially with higher end ones they discolor due to factory oils when heated

LuccaDaddy

LuccaDaddy

Google HVAC factory coil cleaners. You might find it interesting.
Ok but still its cleaner than my tap as far as ppm goes. My tap sits around 200ppm.....ugggh this is annoying. I have a stupid phobia about tap water or Ida been using it from the get go

G gnome

G gnome

There is no freaking way I would use runoff water from my dehumidifier or air conditioner... Do you think you would drink it yourself?

Hell no.
What kinda reasoning is that? Wud u drink fox farm? Well, plants do lolhttp://makiheating.com/heating-air-conditioning/can-the-water-from-my-ac-drain-be-used-for-watering/

ken dog

ken dog

From your link... which shows that there is a definite environmental contamination of the condensate.

Fair use excerpt:

The only caveat with the results from the dehumidifiers from the aquaponics farm was the presence of coliform bacteria. It should be noted that coliform bacteria is naturally present (the constant splashing of the fish) in this environment and not something that originated from the dehumidifier. For this reason, returning the condensate water to the system is not considered a contaminant as it is already present

G gnome

G gnome

No, but I drink RO and bottled water... Which is what it seems to be that this thread is trying to sell ac/dehu runoff condensate as.
No, the question is : is ac condensate ok for dwc. The answer is invariably yes. It has nothin to do w whether u wud drink it or not

G gnome

G gnome

From your link... which shows that there is a definite environmental contamination of the condensate.

Fair use excerpt:

The only caveat with the results from the dehumidifiers from the aquaponics farm was the presence of coliform bacteria. It should be noted that coliform bacteria is naturally present (the constant splashing of the fish) in this environment and not something that originated from the dehumidifier. For this reason, returning the condensate water to the system is not considered a contaminant as it is already present
Again, the question is not whether there is bacteria present in the condensate. Its is the water is ok for plants. Ur exerpt proves nothing

Top Bottom