A Cautionary Tail (grow#1)

• Thread starter VeiledPrime
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
VeiledPrime

VeiledPrime

This will be a chronicling of my first couple of grows.​
  • I have done all previous research needed to have a full harvest.
  • My destination is a basement with relative humidity 30-40% and temperature around 55-70F
  • Windows have been covered with cardboard and black lining (ventilation for fresh air and to deal with heat will be installed as the grow continues)
  • Home made wood pens lined either with reflective Mylar with anti bug and mite or Ultra Pure White paint has been applied above and on the wood. Reflective Mylar has also been applied to the floor.

Products​
  • T5 6500k at 50% power. (2 of the lights broke)
  • 1000w Apollo GLK *2. (Only 1 in operation currently)
  • Hydrofarm Germination station & heating mat
  • GHP Flora Series. (Gro, Bloom, Micro)
  • Madfarmer Ph up/down
  • Clonex clone solution
  • Clay pebbles
  • Rockwool
  • 6 sided hydroponics all in one
I'm currently working with Lemon Grass (Lemon G13 x S.A.G.E) Sativa

VeiledPrime

VeiledPrime

IMG 0911
IMG 0913
IMG 0916
IMG 0915
IMG 0914

VeiledPrime

VeiledPrime

I will post more updates as we hit different stages of the grow. Also if I need help I will most likely post here immediately.
Days 1-7 have been successful all six of the LG seeds that were planted successfully germinated in 5 days or less
only issue being that plant number six has a weak stem and needed to be supported (Looks like it may need support for a while)
All other 1-5 plants are looking very healthy with babygirl number 4 aka (Krepts) looking like she will become the clone mother as she has shown to be the strongest thus far.
Humidity is stable 55-65%
Temp Stable 72-80 F
I have not started nutrients going to wait 10-14 days before I start with 1/4 str nutrients.
t5 is higher then 2 inches set at about 12 (ran outta chain)
So far the baby's looks healthy!
Will update every 2-5days or as needed.

VeiledPrime

VeiledPrime

Update​
So far 2 of the 6 baby's have not made it through the 14 day germination period. I Have checked everything and have ruled it out to be under watering, basically I was at work all day and had moved the plants closer that morning because it seemed like they were starting to stretch due to the distance of 12-14 inches I moved it closer 2-inches from the plants. I couldn't lower the light anymore so I had to raise the baby's so there sitting in the germination station on top of some buckets for now.
The humidity is back up to the 40-50% range looks stable, gonna have to change watering scheduled for before the work day begins to make sure stable humidity is kept while I'm away for six hours.

If any one has good ways of helping with seedlings being weak in the stem or a secure way to hold them in rockwool I would appreciate it.

VeiledPrime

VeiledPrime

So far the 4 who have made it this far a looking good there drinking more water so I'm making sure the humidity stays 40-50% it dropped down to 30% which is why I believe that number 4 and 1 started to get so weak in the stem. (Combination effect to far away from the light in the start and then not enough humidity/Water.) I have propped up 1 & 4 and they look more stable now just have to keep a closer eye on humidity as that seems to be the main problem at this time. I have clean PHd tap water let the chlorine evaporate before it has come in contact with the gals. We are 8 days in on 2 of the mothers and 7 days in on there others so far its okay once we hit the 2 week marker and these are ready for the hydro system we will plant some more seeds to compensate the lost ones, poor ladies rest in peace I always loved you!

IMG 0927
IMG 0928
IMG 0929
xavier7995

xavier7995

What you have for your stem support will be fine, maybe plant it a lil deeper than the rest when its done with doing its seedling thing. I use bamboo skewers for making kabobs and some string to hold up any floppy plants until they are strong enough on their own.

VeiledPrime

VeiledPrime

What you have for your stem support will be fine, maybe plant it a lil deeper than the rest when its done with doing its seedling thing. I use bamboo skewers for making kabobs and some string to hold up any floppy plants until they are strong enough on their own.
Awesome thank you so much!

Top Bottom