A Controller 69 pro question unsure

• Thread starter phillyguy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

phillyguy

How does the 69 pro handle lighting? My light has 4 adjustments. 25%,50,75,100. How does it handle this? Is it able to make smaller adjustments than the light itself giving me complete control? If so how do you figure out what 1 is?

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
How does the 69 pro handle lighting?
It depends on the light. Some lights need a control plug. Some can be controlled stepwise.

My light has 4 adjustments. 25%,50,75,100. How does it handle this? Is it able to make smaller adjustments than the light itself giving me complete control?
The controller provides 10 steps for most lights that have the phone jack type connector. I understand that includes ViparSpectra lights. IIRC, an adapter might be necessary.

If so how do you figure out what 1 is?
I believe each step is 10%. I have an AC Infinity light on one of my controllers and it has 10 steps.

Newty

Newty

I use 2 Vivosun VS4000 (daisy-chained) and a Spider Farmer SE4500 with Controller 69 Pros, with the correct RJ11 adapter, each light has 10 levels of brightness, 10% each level. The lights by themselves do not give this level of control, the extra levels is one of my favorite features of the Controller 69.

Just make sure you know the dimming style of your driver, ACI sells PWM/0-10v style RJ11 adapters as well as Resistor style adapters so you need to match the correct one to your light. Most lights will be PWM/0-10v.

Last edited:
Top Bottom