a couple questions about ppms root rot , Temps, slow growth,curing , etc...

• Thread starter myko
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

myko

hello second grow first time hydro
dwc
Moby dick
hydroton coco coir and perlite substrate( though I hate to admit it ,I put worm casings on one pot, I'll get to that)
lights: 2 wakyme 600watt and 1 spider farmer 1000 watt
I have a 12 gal tote with 7and a half gallon in it and with 2 plants in it and 27 gal tote with 21 gal of water ( I think)and 4 plants in it
7 plants all together in totes
29 days from sprout
feeding ff trio for nutes)
calmag
I used rhizotonic for the seedlings and have been using it for a foliage spray since my roots got jackedup
been spraying 3% h2o2 on roots a couple times a day since I had root rot
also using ph up and down
I've been running high ppms for the last 2 weeks (1400-1800) not on purpose I just can't get it down so I decided to leave it until my next res chsnge
I have 2 plants in soil I just planted yesterday ( banana kush and strawberry banana gorilla)
I have one Plant ( white widow)
that I harvested 8 days ago its curing
I've grown mushrooms for about 7 years but I'm new to growing weed

ok so it's only going on 4 weeks and I've already had the privilege of running into several problems so I'm learning pretty early on how to handle these things ...I've read and read for months before I started the dwc .but my burned out mind can only retain so much

I used tap water thst sat out for a few days with bubblers running the ppms of the water was 250 ph 7 I started my 6 plants in that..
they seem to grow fine a couple were small after 2 weeks I changed the resevoirs with nutrient water, still tap, a couple days later I finally got the calmag... I wrote down tbs instead of teaspoon and I put 7 tbs of calmsg in my 27 gal tote
I was unable to change res for a couple days but I finally did all the plants seemed fine no harm done .
well a few days later one of the plants had spotted leaves (the plant I put worm casings in) the next day it got worse and the day after that the plant was sagging and another had spots ..I pulled the first plant and saw that the roots were twisted into a brown wad of slime I had nothing for root rot didn't anticipate it...so I made up a 3% h2o2 solution and started spraying the roots on all six plants and also spraying rhizotonic on the plants
they seem to be recovering
the 2 plants on tote 2 are looking great big bushy nice color cheerful
the 4 in tote 2 still look a little rough from all the drama it's gone thru one plant is so small I'm almost thinking of getting it out of there anyway my questions are 1: the first couple pics are my healthiest plant it's super bushy ..the top leaves are as big as my hand and all the bottom leaves are in their shadow ...should I do something about that? also the stem , after less then 30 days , is as big as index finger the branches coming off are already bigger then pencils...could this be a male?
I got my seeds from ilgm btw.
another question: these dead leaves on the 2 plants that had root rot ( next 3 pics ) do I remove them or let them fall off on their own ?
also I've been running high ppms ( about 1300 on their 2nd week and now it's uo to 1800 in tote 1 and 2400 in tote 2 ...I'm changing their res today
but I didn't run them that high on purpose I just didn't want to waste the extra nutes it didn't seem to bother them
but why would my ppms rise ?
today tote 2 is at 2400..the ph has been fluctuating for the last few days so I been hitting it with small amounts of ph u and down is that what raises it? what should I do when that happens? scoop water out and put new in ? ( which I've tried and doesn't seem to help unless I scoop out half the tote)
another struggle I have is with humidity is low and temp is high ..I've put a couple fans in the rooms and an exhaust fan in each one ...I've left the door open to l let fresh cooler air in I've aimed the fans at the grow lights to keep their Temps down which they don't rum too hot anyway , I've put bottles of frozen water but still my grow rooms both have a temp of no less than 77 and up to 89 , 85 being average...is there any tricks here?
I've put a humidifier in each room sprayed thr walls with water left bowls of water in rooms and the highest I can get the humidity is 34% ..the temp and the humidity doesn't seem to be hurting the plants but I don't know
finally I'm curing some white widow auto ...first time using the jar method
I cut the buds off hung them for a couple days with a small fan lightly blowing ...the 3rd day the stem would break but not quite snap , impatient me put the buds in a Jar and after the 2nd day I burped and the buds felt like they were so wet I could damn near ring them out so I put them back in front of fan and forgot about them until they felt alm8st crispy dry put them back in a jar hoping there was still moisture in the middle and would be pulled to outside ...but 2 days later they still feel too dry ...can I add a couple drops of water or maybe a pea sized wet tissue ball to the jar to remoisturize?
thanks in advance , I apologize for my chaotic writing

A couple questions about ppms root rot  temps slow growthcuring  etc
A couple questions about ppms root rot  temps slow growthcuring  etc 2
A couple questions about ppms root rot  temps slow growthcuring  etc 3
A couple questions about ppms root rot  temps slow growthcuring  etc 4
A couple questions about ppms root rot  temps slow growthcuring  etc 5
GrimReffer

GrimReffer

hello second grow first time hydro
dwc
Moby dick
hydroton coco coir and perlite substrate( though I hate to admit it ,I put worm casings on one pot, I'll get to that)
lights: 2 wakyme 600watt and 1 spider farmer 1000 watt
I have a 12 gal tote with 7and a half gallon in it and with 2 plants in it and 27 gal tote with 21 gal of water ( I think)and 4 plants in it
7 plants all together in totes
29 days from sprout
feeding ff trio for nutes)
calmag
I used rhizotonic for the seedlings and have been using it for a foliage spray since my roots got jackedup
been spraying 3% h2o2 on roots a couple times a day since I had root rot
also using ph up and down
I've been running high ppms for the last 2 weeks (1400-1800) not on purpose I just can't get it down so I decided to leave it until my next res chsnge
I have 2 plants in soil I just planted yesterday ( banana kush and strawberry banana gorilla)
I have one Plant ( white widow)
that I harvested 8 days ago its curing
I've grown mushrooms for about 7 years but I'm new to growing weed

ok so it's only going on 4 weeks and I've already had the privilege of running into several problems so I'm learning pretty early on how to handle these things ...I've read and read for months before I started the dwc .but my burned out mind can only retain so much

I used tap water thst sat out for a few days with bubblers running the ppms of the water was 250 ph 7 I started my 6 plants in that..
they seem to grow fine a couple were small after 2 weeks I changed the resevoirs with nutrient water, still tap, a couple days later I finally got the calmag... I wrote down tbs instead of teaspoon and I put 7 tbs of calmsg in my 27 gal tote
I was unable to change res for a couple days but I finally did all the plants seemed fine no harm done .
well a few days later one of the plants had spotted leaves (the plant I put worm casings in) the next day it got worse and the day after that the plant was sagging and another had spots ..I pulled the first plant and saw that the roots were twisted into a brown wad of slime I had nothing for root rot didn't anticipate it...so I made up a 3% h2o2 solution and started spraying the roots on all six plants and also spraying rhizotonic on the plants
they seem to be recovering
the 2 plants on tote 2 are looking great big bushy nice color cheerful
the 4 in tote 2 still look a little rough from all the drama it's gone thru one plant is so small I'm almost thinking of getting it out of there anyway my questions are 1: the first couple pics are my healthiest plant it's super bushy ..the top leaves are as big as my hand and all the bottom leaves are in their shadow ...should I do something about that? also the stem , after less then 30 days , is as big as index finger the branches coming off are already bigger then pencils...could this be a male?
I got my seeds from ilgm btw.
another question: these dead leaves on the 2 plants that had root rot ( next 3 pics ) do I remove them or let them fall off on their own ?
also I've been running high ppms ( about 1300 on their 2nd week and now it's uo to 1800 in tote 1 and 2400 in tote 2 ...I'm changing their res today
but I didn't run them that high on purpose I just didn't want to waste the extra nutes it didn't seem to bother them
but why would my ppms rise ?
today tote 2 is at 2400..the ph has been fluctuating for the last few days so I been hitting it with small amounts of ph u and down is that what raises it? what should I do when that happens? scoop water out and put new in ? ( which I've tried and doesn't seem to help unless I scoop out half the tote)
another struggle I have is with humidity is low and temp is high ..I've put a couple fans in the rooms and an exhaust fan in each one ...I've left the door open to l let fresh cooler air in I've aimed the fans at the grow lights to keep their Temps down which they don't rum too hot anyway , I've put bottles of frozen water but still my grow rooms both have a temp of no less than 77 and up to 89 , 85 being average...is there any tricks here?
I've put a humidifier in each room sprayed thr walls with water left bowls of water in rooms and the highest I can get the humidity is 34% ..the temp and the humidity doesn't seem to be hurting the plants but I don't know
finally I'm curing some white widow auto ...first time using the jar method
I cut the buds off hung them for a couple days with a small fan lightly blowing ...the 3rd day the stem would break but not quite snap , impatient me put the buds in a Jar and after the 2nd day I burped and the buds felt like they were so wet I could damn near ring them out so I put them back in front of fan and forgot about them until they felt alm8st crispy dry put them back in a jar hoping there was still moisture in the middle and would be pulled to outside ...but 2 days later they still feel too dry ...can I add a couple drops of water or maybe a pea sized wet tissue ball to the jar to remoisturize?
thanks in advance , I apologize for my chaotic writing
Holy novel Batman 😂😂

A lot to unpack here so I’ll help with what I can. Yes remove the dying or dead leaves. What is the size of your grow area? Do you have a inline fane if not that will help with airflow. You need humidifiers man, 7 years of mushroom growing and no humidifiers?? There is much much better nutrients out there for dwc, you will have to decide if you want to run sterile or beneficial bacteria and stick to one.

M

myko

Holy novel Batman 😂😂

A lot to unpack here so I’ll help with what I can. Yes remove the dying or dead leaves. What is the size of your grow area? Do you have a inline fane if not that will help with airflow. You need humidifiers man, 7 years of mushroom growing and no humidifiers?? There is much much better nutrients out there for dwc, you will have to decide if you want to run sterile or beneficial bacteria and stick to one.

lol yea I tried to sum it up the best I could...I didn't want to open a bunch of threads ...so I do remove the dead ones thank you....I have a humidifier in both rooms the humidity I have them running 24 hours 33% is the highest I've gotten it....I just built these grow rooms out of 2×4's and sheetrock , kind of water if that's where all my moisture is going..dunno
oh the mushrooms were easy to adjust the humidity I kept them in totes one upside down on top of the other for a lid to create a miniature greenhouse...so far I'm finding mushrooms alot easier lol

GrimReffer

GrimReffer

lol yea I tried to sum it up the best I could...I didn't want to open a bunch of threads ...so I do remove the dead ones thank you....I have a humidifier in both rooms the humidity I have them running 24 hours 33% is the highest I've gotten it....I just built these grow rooms out of 2×4's and sheetrock , kind of water if that's where all my moisture is going..dunno
oh the mushrooms were easy to adjust the humidity I kept them in totes one upside down on top of the other for a lid to create a miniature greenhouse...so far I'm finding mushrooms alot easier lol
I’m actually getting into mushrooms now, building out an automated mono tub. I have lots to learn in that world, I know just enough to get in trouble 😂 I would say your loosing all your humidity to the open door, that’s why a inline fan and inlet into the room will help. I run my inline fan on a timer so I don’t lose all my humidity and heat.

M

myko

thanks I when I shut the door the temp gets up to 90 I have a box fan an oscillating fan and and exhaust fan I don't know what the deal is I have two separate grow rooms and they're both the sane as far as humidity and temp the plants don't seem to be bothered by it but i know bacteria likes warmth

you'll see mushrooms are much easier imo...I usually run a few mono tubs and a few little shoebox tubs or "dub tubs" I've tried everyway possible and I've never had a mono or dub go bad .... also when I first started I was getting ripped off by all these spore dealers until I found Lil shop of spores and I've been using them for 4 years they always hook it up fast and always give a free stringe...I can't remember the name of the place that ripped me off and told me I was beat it's one of the most popular ones..dunno
Lil shop is cool tho

Latest posts

Top Bottom