A couple weeks into growing my first plant! Question on topping

• Thread starter ecksit
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PizzaBob

PizzaBob

According to the amazon reviews, they are lying about the leds being samsung 301h.
I never seen that review. I’ll have to check. However They are LM301B not H. And I put under 40X loop and if they are fake they went through a lot to make them look exactly like what Samsung shows as LM301B. I can say that the Mixjoy are fake. I bought both and brightness was noticeable so I put under loop and sure enough mixjoy are fake and bloomspect real deal. And the Meanwell drivers have a serial number so you can verify that too.

PizzaBob

PizzaBob

Edit-Sorry I responded to wrong post lol. I’m bored at the moment due to being immobilized at the moment. Good info on lights but too many opinions. I am just offering the most on a budget the mentioned. One should expect to spend 200 on a flowering light if they want result. I spent countless hours looking at every light out there and you just can’t beat that one. However they do have a 100 watt option for 50 bucks with coupon and it includes Meanwell dimmer and far red and IR. Be sure it’s the SS1000 if you want Samsung LM301B. That’s where people screw up and say it’s not legit but they ordered wrong one.
The point here is that the one 100 watt you currently have probably isn’t enough light and you eventually want another light.

Last edited:
growsince79

growsince79

I never seen that review. I’ll have to check. However They are LM301B not H. And I put under 40X loop and if they are fake they went through a lot to make them look exactly like what Samsung shows as LM301B. I can say that the Mixjoy are fake. I bought both and brightness was noticeable so I put under loop and sure enough mixjoy are fake and bloomspect real deal. And the Meanwell drivers have a serial number so you can verify that too.
Yeah I just looked at the reviews. Those guys that said they were fake might be confused because they say smd. Looks like a good deal. Lots of light for the price. Too much blue for my liking.

Nectarivorous

Nectarivorous

Probably. lol

Well I know for sure they all fudge their efficiency numbers. Should always assume they're inflated and check independent PAR maps. Seen some good reviews on here using the 3000 but still a relatively new product. Seems like they're trying to get it on more people's radars as they were insistent on sending me this to review rather than the 5000. Will be a tight little grow but I'll just throw to flower super early and mainline. As long as the quality is there yield doesn't bother me. Besides should have plenty from my current grow by then anyway 😍

Nectarivorous

Nectarivorous

They make good led lights. They once were considered knock offs of HLG quantum boards. Now I there’s knock offs of SpiderFarmer lol. Like the bloomspect I posted.
I've actually read reviews that say they waterproof their boards and do some other things better than HLG do. Can't complain at $0 anyway haha. But really excited to compare quality, the diode quality and spectrum are clearly superior to my TSL 2000's

Nectarivorous

Nectarivorous

If you look at madeinchina website you see they are all made in the same factories. Customer service is the downside.
Yep exactly right. Badge engineering at its finest. I'm about to get a first hand lesson in Chinese customer service when I tell Mars that these boards are basically junk and I want my money back. Already made peace with the fact I'll be lucky to get a response.

PizzaBob

PizzaBob

So back to the small grow the OP has. You need a couple more plants to make sure u get a female out of the deal. I would not top it and flip light to 12 on 12 off in a few days to determine sex. Make sure it’s in total darkness when lights off. In about two weeks or you should be able sex it. Most people confuse males as females at first but eventually you’ll see the sachs develop. Just research the topic. And post pics here to get feed back. A loop is very helpful. I’d recommend not using a digital timer for the light as I’ve seen o on people ruin a crop because of a malfunction (user error lol).
You need to order nutes and for your grow and plan this is the only option (see link to FloraNova). I know people that kill it using this and only this. Grow bottle during veg and bloom during bloom. He does do a 50/50 (half strength each) fir first 2 weeks after flip. (Flip is when you go to 12/12 light schedule). Use 1 to 1.5 tsp per gallon. GH has a feed chart on website. Don’t go off bottle as too strong. There is the possibility that the pH will be too low though. Do you have a pH tester? If not I got an idea for you.

General Hydroponics FloraNova Grow & Bloom - 1 Pint Each https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004JKI1EO/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_ZSDCKKH4X0111MBWF85T

ecksit

ecksit

So back to the small grow the OP has. You need a couple more plants to make sure u get a female out of the deal. I would not top it and flip light to 12 on 12 off in a few days to determine sex. Make sure it’s in total darkness when lights off. In about two weeks or you should be able sex it. Most people confuse males as females at first but eventually you’ll see the sachs develop. Just research the topic. And post pics here to get feed back. A loop is very helpful. I’d recommend not using a digital timer for the light as I’ve seen o on people ruin a crop because of a malfunction (user error lol).
You need to order nutes and for your grow and plan this is the only option (see link to FloraNova). I know people that kill it using this and only this. Grow bottle during veg and bloom during bloom. He does do a 50/50 (half strength each) fir first 2 weeks after flip. (Flip is when you go to 12/12 light schedule). Use 1 to 1.5 tsp per gallon. GH has a feed chart on website. Don’t go off bottle as too strong. There is the possibility that the pH will be too low though. Do you have a pH tester? If not I got an idea for you.

General Hydroponics FloraNova Grow & Bloom - 1 Pint Each https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004JKI1EO/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_ZSDCKKH4X0111MBWF85T
Thank you for the info! Would it hurt to add it right now even though the plant is already a few weeks old or does it have to start with nutrients right at the start?

PizzaBob

PizzaBob

Thank you for the info! Would it hurt to add it right now even though the plant is already a few weeks old or does it have to start with nutrients right at the start?
Usually with hardware store bought soil there’s some nutrients already added. What and how much varies, which is one of many reasons why I don’t recommend. But it should get you through first month of veg. I do recommend getting promix or a coco/perlite and use that when you transplant up. And get 3-5 gallon fabric pots off Amazon. I get the cheap ones. For this unknown plant I wouldn’t go over 3 gallons for final pot.
As far as when to add the fertilizer I would say once you transplant or if the leaves start to fade yellow or show signs of deficiency. Note that if you do decide on coco you should get a quart of botanicare calmag and add add about 2 ml/gal. Add first bro eater and on every water even if no fertilizer being given. Again that’s just fir coco.
Both coco and promix are considered soulless so they have no nutrients at all. You need to “charge “ it with full strength fertilizer at the outset.

SSgrower

SSgrower

Nutrients start after seedling is up-potted to material bag, 1gal.2gal. or 3 gal. Seedlings just get water,H2o and I prefer rain water when I can get it. SS

PizzaBob

PizzaBob

And no matter what don’t buy any special additives that are prepackaged that talk about bigger buds, trichome boosters, flavor enhancer, etc, etc. Because they are all ripoffs.
Here are the “secret” ingredients that are in these ripoffs. And also other additives that are beneficial but not required. At some point you may want to include
kelp - contains all sorts of good stuff and backbone of these insanely priced little bottles.
fulvic - also part of these secret recipes.
Beneficial microbes
Silica
I have done countless hours researching the best and cheapest sources. Let me know I’ll tell you more.

Latest posts

Top Bottom