a few ??????????? before I start and try MPB

• Thread starter JDMTOKER
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

JDMTOKER

basically I haved a few questions on the feeding part of this setup. I understand how the top feed works. what I'm having trouble with is how is the bottom feed part setup? everyone leaves that part out as far as details go. any more insight or would would be greatly appreciated:bong-hits:

basically so far I have a 12'x14' room. was gonna do 4 MPB's in this space. I have room for the res on the otherside of the wall from the room. I have a 14,000 btu ac unit so far. its a movin cool. I currently have about 20 600w hps lights but I'm gonna go with 5 1,000w ones instead. I think i'll use the 600w for side light or in another room all together. I have my top feed and water chiller pumps. what size pump should I get for my bottom feed. the 1800gph danner? I also have 2 of the ecoplus 80watt air pumps that I'm gonna use until next run. waiting to get the new lights, water pump, and tubs and misc fittings. but I wanted to have everything figured out before I move on. thanx in advance.

Toker

JPLord01

JPLord01

For your bottom feed you will be fine with your 1800gph you can run 6 to 8 with 1800 gph if you hard pipe. You should hard pipe with 1' schedule 40 for you top feed and your bottem feed. Read all the post from LOST , MRDIZZ and BOSSMAN they are very helpful.
I have A lot of info in my post. You will want to run you top feed so that you get a good root mass in the tub after you have good amont of roots turn of your top feed. To give your root a jump start give them HYGOZYME @ 8 to 10 ml per gl and root exl. Your top feed can be a 500 gph. That is good that your rez is outside the room this is how I have mine setup. I have a 100 gl rez and my chiller is a 1/10 hp. You may want to run a 1/3 hp chiller for you setup. I keep my water at 66dig. You need a 25000 btu AC your ac is to small. Your Air pump get a AP-100 on page 2 of this fourm look for (AP-100 pump setup) and look for (Inexpensive MPB DIY) and (Layin' Hard pipe) You need 5000 btu's of
cooling per 1000watts. By the way my post is (First MPB Room) on page 1 good luck with you setup. Post ???? I will help you with info or you can call out LOST or DIZZ they are good at helping to. Have fun!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom