A few leaves on each plant dying

• Thread starter geralds
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
geralds

geralds

Hey guys,

whenever I’ve had an issue I turn to you guys and always get good feedback, so here I go again.

I have some Stardawg and trilogy OG strains about three weeks into veg from clone. They’ve been super healthy since day one but now there’s something odd going on on most all of the plants.

They are currently under 4 315w cmh lights. It almost looks like something is eating them but I’ve checked and can’t find any critters. I also have some leave curling which I know indicates heat stress but it stays like 72-75 with an RH of 55-60 day time. My humidity has been spiking to 70 sometimes at night. Not sure if that could cause an issue like this. Lights are hung way up and have never had an issue with too much light in the past and nothing’s changed. I’m feeding Canna AB right now with 2ml of calmag. Total ppm around 500-550. Runoff was at 350 yesterday.
Night time temps are around 68

any help with the photos would be awesome guys. Thanks Iadvance.

A few leaves on each plant dying
A few leaves on each plant dying 2
A few leaves on each plant dying 3
A few leaves on each plant dying 4
A few leaves on each plant dying 5
A few leaves on each plant dying 6
A few leaves on each plant dying 7
A few leaves on each plant dying 8
A few leaves on each plant dying 9
A few leaves on each plant dying 10
A few leaves on each plant dying 11
A few leaves on each plant dying 12
A few leaves on each plant dying 13
Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Atfirst I thought bugs,then dismissed that idea and thought maybe heat, since it seems to be on the upper leaves. Then I saw what looked like new growth with issues, which brings me back to bugs. It looks a little like a nutrient overload... what are you growing in and what are you feeding? I have seen older leaves damaged like you are seeing but not normally new growth. Is there a chance that there is a hot spot under the light? Overall things look pretty good. Normally I wouldn't worry too much about one or two leaves, but this si a bit unusual looking.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
I am having the same issue on certain shoots. Others are great and some are growing in like yours. I know mine isn’t nute overload because I haven’t fed heavy. I thought it might have been my light but it’s at roughly 30” above canopy. My next thought was pH. My pH is roughly 7ish going in. I thought fox farm buffed pH from 6.3-6.8 but I may be wrong. Temps are 77-80day and around 64-68night. I’m baffled.

geralds

geralds

I’m feeding Canna AB and calmag@ 500ppm. Plants are in Canna coco Runoff was like 350ppm. I don’t think it’s over mute because of the low runoff. Maybe I’ll spray em with some nuke em see if it helps. Other than that idk

dire wolf

dire wolf

Hey geralds ,looks like new tips are coming out mutated and damaged , might not be pests , not sure if just nuke em or sprays is a great idea until issue is figured out , could be nute or micro nutrient uptake issue , but really fustrating to figure when all numbers are good and care has been taken .... hmmm
Maybe take cal mag out of the equation , but i have no concrete idea why im suggesting that 😊
Stems look a little stressed also....
Seems like fresh green growth stems are lacking the new " mutated" growth issue

Is it a blueberry or indica leaning plant ?

Last edited:
geralds

geralds

The strains are Stardawg and trilogy OG. And there’s at least a couple spots like that on almost all plants. I cut out the calmag tonight although idk how 2ml per gallon could harm anything but I need to try something.

geralds

geralds

I am having the same issue on certain shoots. Others are great and some are growing in like yours. I know mine isn’t nute overload because I haven’t fed heavy. I thought it might have been my light but it’s at roughly 30” above canopy. My next thought was pH. My pH is roughly 7ish going in. I thought fox farm buffed pH from 6.3-6.8 but I may be wrong. Temps are 77-80day and around 64-68night. I’m baffled.

yeah my temps are like 72 Rh 55-60 and have the issue and my lights are
Like 4 feet above canopy and somehow I still have to leaf cupping going on with crispy edges

tamyam420

tamyam420

hey whats the ph that you are feeding? i have been having problems in coco when not monitoring PH

tamyam420

tamyam420

Oh im sorry man i see you just answered that question about PH. Best of luck

Latest posts

Top Bottom