A Forum Breeding Project (in more than 5 words)

• Thread starter Grownsince95
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

I just have a general question.
Do you guys let the plants finish, and then harvest the seeds, or start pulling bunches of seed when the seed is ripe, but the plant hasn't finished?

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

That's something I never even thought about.
What made you decide to do that?
I've reveged quite a few plants. Some take a while, while others revert much quicker. I started taking clones off any lower sucker branches, and it seems to have sped up the process to a degree.
Revegging is a crazy thing to watch.
It's becomes an unrecognizable plant for a bit.

In your case, I guess the seeds were mature, and they weren't gonna go back to being foilage, so bravo.
I'll look back in the thread to see if you posted any pix.

amekins

amekins

That's something I never even thought about.
What made you decide to do that?
I've reveged quite a few plants. Some take a while, while others revert much quicker. I started taking clones off any lower sucker branches, and it seems to have sped up the process to a degree.
Revegging is a crazy thing to watch.
It's becomes an unrecognizable plant for a bit.

In your case, I guess the seeds were mature, and they weren't gonna go back to being foilage, so bravo.
I'll look back in the thread to see if you posted any pix.
This is a very small plant and just about every pistil was pollinated and I ended up with about 60 seeds, the viability of only one (AB200 pictured above) is confirmed so far. I would have preferred to take clones but there were no lowers to take. I actually already had a rooted clone from the same mother, and it shit the bed hard when I uppotted it. So, if I wanted to keep mom’s genetics, revegging was the only option. Hope that all made sense; I believe I‘ve documented it all in this thread.

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

Pics of my last IBL#3 . I found what may have been the most ideal male I've ever grown out, so I'm looking forward to see if my IBL will shoot out a new pheno. I've been working on this particular IBL for years, and years. It's always been a great plant however the downside is lack of variety like an F2 may give.
A commercial growers dream for sure. Hopefully I'll be able to make the flower available within thevnext year..
250 watts hps will produce an insane amount of seed, and for the closet grower with experience, with some good genetics/trained properly, ya might be surprised how much quality dense bud you could yield
20210825 005815
20210825 011012
20210825 010835
20210824 153720

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

I kind of want to try germinating some of my F2’s.
What are you waiting for?
F2's can be rewarding, especially when the parent plants are special.
It's best to plant, and grow out as many seeds as possible, it's very likely you'll have a wide variety of phenos. The more that are grown out, the better chance ya have of finding the one.
It's also a good idea to take a couple of clones from each plant grown out.

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

This strain goes back to 2012. I've gotten pretty good at removing seeds, and still having something that resembles a bud/larf for personal.
Clone only Sweet Tooth #4 x Clone only old Blue Dream x Chocolate Trip x East Coast Sour D (aka Chocolate Diesel).
This was pure luck. I visited a garden so infested with root aphids the "grower" thought he had a difficiancy, and kept feeding, the Peat medium was sitting at an EC approaching 5!, with the PH runoff around 4. It's pretty amazing the plants didn't die. Instead I saved some incredible seeds. who knows how many years the BD, or ST4 never popped a nanner. I didn't see any, but obviously there was s few.
20210827 121531

amekins

amekins

What are you waiting for?
F2's can be rewarding, especially when the parent plants are special.
It's best to plant, and grow out as many seeds as possible, it's very likely you'll have a wide variety of phenos. The more that are grown out, the better chance ya have of finding the one.
It's also a good idea to take a couple of clones from each plant grown out.
Space.

amekins

amekins

This strain goes back to 2012. I've gotten pretty good at removing seeds, and still having something that resembles a bud/larf for personal.
Clone only Sweet Tooth #4 x Clone only old Blue Dream x Chocolate Trip x East Coast Sour D (aka Chocolate Diesel).
This was pure luck. I visited a garden so infested with root aphids the "grower" thought he had a difficiancy, and kept feeding, the Peat medium was sitting at an EC approaching 5!, with the PH runoff around 4. It's pretty amazing the plants didn't die. Instead I saved some incredible seeds. who knows how many years the BD, or ST4 never popped a nanner. I didn't see any, but obviously there was s few.
View attachment 1162164
I’m trying to understand what this strain you’ve posted has to do with this project?

TheWalkingPlant

TheWalkingPlant

I think I've got the same or similar issue here, actually... Just a bit bigger plant. Was fine in it's prior pot, looked good, but was approaching maximum density, but when I transplanted, it stressed, instead of digging into the new medium.

She's going to stay out for a few days until it recovers.
Frankster: where did you get those fabric bags that’s the smaller / inner bag in this picture? Did it come from a roll of fruit protector bags? If so, can you direct where to get them? I have been looking to replace something that looks identical to those but have not been able to find them domestically and am almost out of mine. I’ve been trying to find other solutions but they’re either cost prohibitive or just not as good. I was literally excited when I saw this picture while doing some research on a different topic

amekins

amekins

AB200 is still alive but it’s really wonky. This is what it looks like after cutting away a few of the twisty leaves that were getting crispy tips. I wonder if this plant will snuff itself out.
952D1228 285A 476F 8F1E E7EDE236F988

amekins

amekins

Here is momma AB108F after producing seeds, revegging, and flowering again, this time without pollenating.
7C65748C 0A94 4FB3 86FD 4AA53C91870B

AB200 is stunted and I’m just waiting for it to get it together or die.

0559690F 0AFE 4628 9E8D 3FCBAD6376B8

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Frankster: where did you get those fabric bags that’s the smaller / inner bag in this picture? Did it come from a roll of fruit protector bags? If so, can you direct where to get them? I have been looking to replace something that looks identical to those but have not been able to find them domestically and am almost out of mine. I’ve been trying to find other solutions but they’re either cost prohibitive or just not as good. I was literally excited when I saw this picture while doing some research on a different topic

Here's a good link. You can use the smallest, then put them in the larger ones, then into gallons and so on, without having to remove anything, they'll just grow right though the bags.

Or start with the size you want. The smallest ones are best when your trying to put together a tray of plants, and want them under one small veg light, cause they don't take up much room, and they have really good air flow. I've still got plenty of them up in the closet, but I've been using solo cups lately. lol Both work well.

I'd say the bags are a bit better at getting stuff started, and might be better suited for doing cuttings, but dry out faster. Whereas the solo cups, and shot glass cups are better at building up a really tight root mass. The bags make a really highly (powder puff) root ball, that's going mostly outward, and the cups make ropes, where roots go round and round the outside, with lots of runners. Two different techniques, no doubt. But both work very well.

Last edited:
amekins

amekins

Here's a good link. You can use the smallest, then put them in the larger ones, then into gallons and so on, without having to remove anything, they'll just grow right though the bags.

Or start with the size you want. The smallest ones are best when your trying to put together a tray of plants, and want them under one small veg light, cause they don't take up much room, and they have really good air flow. I've still got plenty of them up in the closet, but I've been using solo cups lately. lol Both work well.

I'd say the bags are a bit better at getting stuff started, and might be better suited for doing cuttings, but dry out faster. Whereas the solo cups, and shot glass cups are better at building up a really tight root mass. The bags make a really highly (powder puff) root ball, that's going mostly outward, and the cups make ropes, where roots go round and round the outside, with lots of runners. Two different techniques, no doubt. But both work very well.

I already have and use those. It’s how she and it started before upgrading to solo cups.

edited: I should say I have small ones for cloning and seed starting. I don’t want a variety of sizes when I already have all the equipment I need.

amekins

amekins

AB108F is still flowering outside and starting to get a little color from cooler temps. She smells very much like lime and even though not ready, will likely be chopped soon because of temps and not bringing her in. The AB200 is still going. Just stunted and slow.
EB51FBE0 D023 4449 8923 86D1766431F3
9F1160A9 C1CC 45FF 9B6E EB2DC96D398B
7E16B7E3 FB70 4A89 B0C1 CA489B378D1E
DEA8C775 9D79 4838 8647 E971EB40CDD0
315C0A77 F23C 48F4 B034 E5FC9310C9ED

E808F48B B5FB 4E54 A5BC 5483CC6E4F7B

Last edited:
Top Bottom