A good problem to have..but rookie mistake.

• Thread starter Mr.OrganicGrows
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mr.OrganicGrows

Mr.OrganicGrows

Hey Grow Bros!

Well, after a successful first harvest, I decided it’s time to scale up and start run #2 and this is where I fucked up a tad.

Seeds are by Humboldt Seed Co. Magic melon auto.

I decided to try and germinate directly into soil instead of messing around with paper towels as my local guy says it’s not needed and overrated.

I have a 2x4 tent with two (5) gal pots and one (3) gal pot. I get this will be tight but I figured better to drop more seeds incase one doesn’t catch as I’m still new to this game and shit happens.

My dumbass got impatient and nervous as 5 days passed without any activity. So I picked up these jiffy pucks and dropped three more seeds….i now have 6 plants sprouting!!

Clearly not enough room in my tent for this. Growing outdoors is not an option for me. Giving a plant away is also not an option.

As I see it I have a few shitty options:

1. Try the SOG method and transplant from large pots down to small pots. (Don’t like this option as transplanting autos is risky as is)

2. Try to cram the new (3) plants in by putting them in to tiny pots and try to grow a single cola. (I'm concerned this will lead to problems in flower)

3. Grow out the (3) new plants and cull the ones not growing to my liking? (Seems wasteful but logical)

Anyone else pull some rookie ass shit like this before. What can I do? What do you recommend?

Cheers,

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
I'd try to figure out a way to grow them all. It would be tight, though. I'd leave the first three in their pots and find three more pots that would fit the remaining space. It'd probably be okay to prune or train them a bit. The ones in the big pots might grow bigger and slower, I think. I doubt a single cola would be a problem other than finishing sooner.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Sounds like a good excuse to add another set up! How’s your credit? 😂 I run HSC and I know they are a little expensive. If you cull you’re only out 30 or 40 bucks! Not the end of the world. And don’t feel bad! I bought five OG triploid seeds from them for 140 bucks! When I sobered up, I said, what the fuck did I do that for? I don’t clone! That’s about all they’re good for! Ahh well! A fool and his money, yada yada yada!✌️

Mr.OrganicGrows

Mr.OrganicGrows

Sounds like a good excuse to add another set up! How’s your credit? 😂 I run HSC and I know they are a little expensive. If you cull you’re only out 30 or 40 bucks! Not the end of the world. And don’t feel bad! I bought five OG triploid seeds from them for 140 bucks! When I sobered up, I said, what the fuck did I do that for? I don’t clone! That’s about all they’re good for! Ahh well! A fool and his money, yada yada yada!✌️
Hahaha yeah I was considering scaling up tents. So true it’s only $40 but I stop and think about the potential of what they could have grown too 🥲

Mr.OrganicGrows

Mr.OrganicGrows

I'd try to figure out a way to grow them all. It would be tight, though. I'd leave the first three in their pots and find three more pots that would fit the remaining space. It'd probably be okay to prune or train them a bit. The ones in the big pots might grow bigger and slower, I think. I doubt a single cola would be a problem other than finishing sooner.
Yeah I hate to waste, I will try to grow out and just cram it in. But if it becomes detrimental to the main plants they will go..

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
When you’re uncertain, there’s nothing wrong with hedging your bet! I’ve done it plenty of times growing outdoors! Sometimes it’s better to spend a little more and be certain, then cheap out and being scramble mode all year!

Top Bottom