*A Good thread lacking a Good title*

• Thread starter Goodsen Cranium
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Goodsen Cranium

Goodsen Cranium

I find it very helpful to be mindful of exactly which parts of the plant are yellowing. If you're halfway through your bloom cycle and notice a few lower fan leaves are turning, I don't think that's cause for undue concern. Perhaps next time you might bump up the nitrogen and calcium while they're still in veg- this is by far the best place to do it anyway.

If the buds themselves start looking strange, this is a much bigger issue. It's when this happens that I leap into action and start some drastic measure. It must be said that if things have progressed this far, the grower has already missed something significant- and reduced yields are likely already on the cards.
Good points...
What are your temps looking like? I see they've got a bit of the claw going on up top and some pistils turning orange already. They just look a bit stressed overall. My best guess would be too much heat and possibly a ph issue.

This moisture and ph meter works really good, way better than the jenky ones you can get at the local garden center.

For testing the ph of my nutes I use this Hanna combo meter which works well. I'll upgrade to a Blue Lab combo meter at some point but the Hanna one works just fine and is more affordable.
One day last week it got pretty warm... Upper 80s. :eek: Now it tops out around 82. Able to get the humidity in the low to mid 40s. The clawing concerned me first, but I wasn't sure what causes clawing. I wasn't sure if lumen shock would cause it (going from T5s to 600w)... Thanks much for the info, D.
Do you have a fan blowing across the canopy? This is a simple but highly effective way to improve plant vigor. Start slow, don't blast them right away.
They start with a small fan pretty early on. There's a larger one for the flower tent.
Really appreciate the input guys... gotta get a meter... :meh:

ttystikk

ttystikk

Clawing is often a sign of too much N. This could be due to having too much in your mute mix- or, if your humidity its too low and the plants are transporting an excessive amount of water- which forces them to draw up too much nutrient, which leads to burn.

82 degrees and 40% rh is really super dry. Try to get temps to 80 or below, and get your rh up to 70%. This will help lots of issues, including nutrient burn.

catdaddy

catdaddy

Lady, what's good?
good to see you back on here on a daily basis.
i got to ask, what type of hood do you have?

Clawing is often a sign of too much N. This could be due to having too much in your mute mix- or, if your humidity its too low and the plants are transporting an excessive amount of water- which forces them to draw up too much nutrient, which leads to burn.

82 degrees and 40% rh is really super dry. Try to get temps to 80 or below, and get your rh up to 70%. This will help lots of issues, including nutrient burn.
didn't see this until i posted, but definitely agree with the big guy on this one.

Goodsen Cranium

Goodsen Cranium

Ok... this helps too... let me ask this, ttys... is it a possibility that once a week tea is too much? Other than teas, I've only given bottled nutes (pbp grow/bloom) just twice (grow, earlier in veg and bloom two days ago). I'm trying to get my soil happy and not use too much bottled stuff. I amend my soil with ewc, cap's bennies and frass. Not taking better notes has come back to bite me in the booty, lol... Just bumped the humidifier to max... Not much I'll be able to do to lower temps for now.
Lady, what's good?
good to see you back on here on a daily basis.
i got to ask, what type of hood do you have?

didn't see this until i posted, but definitely agree with the big guy on this one.
Hey, cat... I've been popping in as I can... You doing well? The light was given to me, so I don't know make or model (is that bad?) It's just under the size of the 2'8" square tent. Probably about 2' away from the tops of the plants. No glass in the hood.

catdaddy

catdaddy

oh, okay. i am in the same boat as you, but the only difference is, my temps are around 77-79 buy my humidity stays at 65.
if i want to get the temps down, i would have to put a window fan to use to bring in more cool air, but choose not to in fear of exposing more than i would like to.

Goodsen Cranium

Goodsen Cranium

oh, okay. i am in the same boat as you, but the only difference is, my temps are around 77-79 buy my humidity stays at 65.
if i want to get the temps down, i would have to put a window fan to use to bring in more cool air, but choose not to in fear of exposing more than i would like to.
Yeah, sounds like we are. I have a wonderfully small window in that room... a (very) small filter. That side of the house gets a bit more foot traffic than I'm comfortable with to open it up.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Okay, two things- number one, get a swamp cooler. It works much like a humidifier but it's designed to flow more air and thus increase its cooling effect. This will both lower temps and boost humidity efficiently because it is not an air conditioning unit and won't use more power than a box fan. Once you have better control over your temps, you'll be able to restrict the amount of air flowing through the room somewhat and use the swamp cooler to maintain temps and further increase humidity.

Second, and at least as important- I understood you to say that you're using a fan to blow air into your light fixtures. If so, this is a bad approach. I can get into the weeds about reasons if you like, but the important thing is to move your fan so that it is pushing air directly out of the room through as short a duct as possible, and then attach the sealed and vented hoods to the fan's intake side. This change alone will cut temperatures substantially- and apparently, not doing it is no longer an option, judging by your current temp numbers.

Goodsen Cranium

Goodsen Cranium

Okay, two things- number one, get a swamp cooler. It works much like a humidifier but it's designed to flow more air and thus increase its cooling effect. This will both lower temps and boost humidity efficiently because it is not an air conditioning unit and won't use more power than a box fan. Once you have better control over your temps, you'll be able to restrict the amount of air flowing through the room somewhat and use the swamp cooler to maintain temps and further increase humidity.

Second, and at least as important- I understood you to say that you're using a fan to blow air into your light fixtures. If so, this is a bad approach. I can get into the weeds about reasons if you like, but the important thing is to move your fan so that it is pushing air directly out of the room through as short a duct as possible, and then attach the sealed and vented hoods to the fan's intake side. This change alone will cut temperatures substantially- and apparently, not doing it is no longer an option, judging by your current temp numbers.
Good tips, ttys, though those kind of improvements are on hold until I get caught up on car repairs and situated with the living situation. Good to know, though.

Goodsen Cranium

Goodsen Cranium

Hey everyone!!
Hope you're doing well. Quick update. First off, apologies for phone pics. Really hate not being able to upload better shots, just gotta do what I can with what I got for now.
Been able to raise room humidity, but not consistently. Have to open everything up when it's been too warm. It's floating around 50%.
Day 44 for SLAD x TAf2 #1. Haven't been able to get a ph meter yet, and have only been giving straight water. She's chunking up nicely, though the yellowing continued. Want to see how she yields without the issues I seem to be having, lol... It's giving a softly sweet smell now. Foxtailing slightly, it seems, and I wonder if that came from the warmer days. I don't think I've had nugs so dense on a plant before.
CAM00865

CAM00864

CAM00857

CAM00839

Alright, SLAD #2. She's at day 29. She may have to make the move with me to finish up. She recently started smelling like the TA I sampled from BudMuncher, which thrills me. She glistens and really makes me wish I had some decent macro shots for you.
CAM00844

CAM00835

CAM00848

Having trouble uploading pics... More to come!
Be well, all!
LG

Goodsen Cranium

Goodsen Cranium

That top pic is a chunk monster.. Looks like a mega yielder
Yeah, for realz. Thanks for stoppin' thru, Goo!
I love genetics that can keep chunking up throughout their issues! I can see the frost good and clear. Although it would be nice to have high def pics lol. But I know exactly how it is when using phone cams or camera's with weak flash. Keep up the GREEN work Lady G!!
Yeah, I'm definitely impressed by what she's doing with a less than stellar environment. The next update might very well be a pre-harvest update and I definitely want to get shots with the camera uploaded for that one, 619. Take it easy, man!
Alright... when some girls get sad, they buy shoes. I soak beans. :joyful:
New babies.
Bodhi's Snow Leopard #1 & 2
CAM00832

Alien Rock Candy #1 (a second soaked seed sunk, but didn't crack. Into soil, though not above ground.
CAM00833

I also started two more Tangerine Dream x White Widow, though I botched my pollen collecting attempt. :meh:
Finally, a beautiful non-weed submission. This plant was at the compassion care club I visit. The receptionist told me the variety, but I was too enamoured by it's purple to pay attention, so if you know, do tell! They gave me a cutting. Hope it roots! (Again, can't wait to get some macros with her.
CAM00829

CAM00831

Again, thanking those of you that have shown the kindness to be able to run these strains. I consider those members of the garden to be examples of living generosity. Appreciate you stopping through!
LG

Goodsen Cranium

Goodsen Cranium

Goods glad to see you started two more of the td * ww as i am interested in how they turn out as i have yet to see my work grown ...... hope all goes well ..... peace soser
I'm happy to be able to do so, Soser. The male ended up being a bush monster. It'll be interesting to see if there will be structural differences.

looking real good, Lady. that last pic had me going for a lil bit, but once i read the text under it, it was like oh okay.
You mean my purple Grimace plant? lol... Appreciate the kind words, daddy... working to get them better.

K

keonaona

When some girls get sad , they buy shoes,i soak seeds..

Do you have a twin?? Are you single?? Lol..;)... no reason to be sad lady goods.. you have your life and your health and many more days to be better .. purple grimace ..classic name!! be well lady goods..... and have uh awesome day...:happy: :p :):D:woot::joyful:

Top Bottom