A Grateful Greenhouse

• Thread starter Amber
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Amber

Amber

well keep it up and keep it coming
My pleasure, I think your gonna really like what we have been working on.
DSCN1250

Animal Chin

Animal Chin

Supporter
Thanks, good luck to ya in Colorado. I can definitely see its appeal and I imagine with your degree there may be some work in the industry also. I myself just can't seem to get past the cold or maybe I'm just a Cali girl (you can call me bro if want) at heart. So cal has the best weed but that's because they get it from NOR CAL.

Amber I'm gonna pretend I didn't just read this.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
You read it, dan! :D (My son's in SoCal, I love giving him shit, too.)

Amber, I LOVE the solution for dealing with a steep slope--stadium! I don't know why I never thought of it before... except that I want the ground flattened a bit.

Tagged and following. When's your last frost at your elevation? Mine is Cinco de Mayo.

vaporedout

vaporedout

very awesome setup youve got there....im always curious when i see the name FLO... i grew it once and when i was reading on it i found that it was a multi-harvester, i grew it indoors and enjoyed it but never saw the "flo" of new buds coming in.... just curious if you knew about this?

heres where i got my info

Amber

Amber

You read it, dan! :D (My son's in SoCal, I love giving him shit, too.)

Amber, I LOVE the solution for dealing with a steep slope--stadium! I don't know why I never thought of it before... except that I want the ground flattened a bit.

Tagged and following. When's your last frost at your elevation? Mine is Cinco de Mayo.
Around the same time, I always go by the snowfall on the dogwood trees. Seems to be accurate really.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Around the same time, I always go by the snowfall on the dogwood trees. Seems to be accurate really.
Ah, that reminds me, what's the story or tradition about dogwood snow again? A friend explained it to me last year, what she'd been told by the old-timers (locals), but damn if I can remember. Dogwoods are blooming in Lockeford, mine's getting ready to bud but not quite yet. I seem to recall that the tradition says that the dogwood will bloom when only one more snow is coming... is that it? Or have I botched it entirely?

I really love the stadium solution. Must be nice hanging out inside that GH.

Amber

Amber

very awesome setup youve got there....im always curious when i see the name FLO... i grew it once and when i was reading on it i found that it was a multi-harvester, i grew it indoors and enjoyed it but never saw the "flo" of new buds coming in.... just curious if you knew about this?

heres where i got my info
Flo finishes so quick if you cut her tops the bottom buds will plump and purple pretty nice.

Amber

Amber

Ah, that reminds me, what's the story or tradition about dogwood snow again? A friend explained it to me last year, what she'd been told by the old-timers (locals), but damn if I can remember. Dogwoods are blooming in Lockeford, mine's getting ready to bud but not quite yet. I seem to recall that the tradition says that the dogwood will bloom when only one more snow is coming... is that it? Or have I botched it entirely?

I really love the stadium solution. Must be nice hanging out inside that GH.
They say that winter is over only if it has snowed on the dogwood blooms. I should probably get a dogwood so I can see for myself I don't know if they are blooming yet I assume so though cause my peach and nectarines are. There is a big black cloud coming in now.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
They say that winter is over only if it has snowed on the dogwood blooms. I should probably get a dogwood so I can see for myself I don't know if they are blooming yet I assume so though cause my peach and nectarines are. There is a big black cloud coming in now.
Just down the hill from us, near the Rancheria about about the 1800' elevation, there's a large mature dogwood that's getting ready to bloom, but hasn't yet. I think we've got some time yet. My peach is blooming, too, as is my weeping cherry.

Thanks!

Amber

Amber

Yeah I'm at 1800' couple hills over. I love the sunny days I have to remind myself we still have a little time yet.:nailbiting: It is however prime time digging time cause no matter what you do you always have to start with a little flattening of the hillside but then build up. I try to tell my man I have a bad ankle we gotta level this hill out before I hurt myself.;)

Amber

Amber

Wow, that looks great! Here's to grumpy old men who know wtf they're doing. Someday I want to be one of those.

Your plants are amazing, they show the care you give them.

I would say good luck, but I see nothing but talent here. And hard work.
Thank you. This made me feel real good. There is something about a educated compliment that makes it that much more of a compliment. If you look at a garden and see the love and work that was put in, then you know.

Here's to the grumps, miss ya Mark.

Thanks again ttystikk, made my day.:smug:

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Nice... and that's a hell of a slope! I can see myself tumbling right down into the trees.

Top Bottom