• Start date
  • Tagged users None
dire wolf

dire wolf

20200114 144046
some new lights !

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Do you have nightmares from the ptsd ? I cant sleep for the same reason , the nightmares are ridiculous , ive learned to just deal with them , like i wake up , my wife says are you ok ? And i go , yea you know i was just lost then i was drowning in the middle of an ice lake ....oh ok , go back to bed 😂

Oh yeah, nightmares, cyclical intrusive thoughts, and hallucinations when it gets real bad. I'll just be nodding off to sleep and it'll all just start running, then 6 or 8 hours have passed without sleep. It's kept me up 48+ straight hours so many times...

Sicilian style is much closer to Detroit than Chicago, for the record. I don't have a preference between the two because it's like comparing Neapolitan pizza to New Haven style coal pies- they're both fucking delicious when done well, and horrible when not.

For Chicago style, I'm a Gino's East guy. That crunchy, buttery crust filled with a ludicrous amount of meat, cheese, and sauce (The Meaty Legend, every time) is consistently outstanding. THAT is a heavy meal.

dire wolf

dire wolf

Oh yeah, nightmares, cyclical intrusive thoughts, and hallucinations when it gets real bad. I'll just be nodding off to sleep and it'll all just start running, then 6 or 8 hours have passed without sleep. It's kept me up 48+ straight hours so many times...

Sicilian style is much closer to Detroit than Chicago, for the record. I don't have a preference between the two because it's like comparing Neapolitan pizza to New Haven style coal pies- they're both fucking delicious when done well, and horrible when not.
Agree ...

dire wolf

dire wolf

Yea , just had a friend tell me she was driving up to pepes of new haven coal oven pizza , i been there many times , lately the kids operating the oven are burning the hell out of the pies , they taste like burnt cardboard with cheap romano cheese on them , not even worth going but people flock there because of the name ,
And ive had neopolitan pies that were horrible because every hipster thinks if you use fiora di latte and fresh yeast in a wood oven it equals instant sucess

My friend just called me and said he wanted to make a pizza party on his grill last weekend , he said he was going to make neopolitan pizza

I told him to slow down , he said he couldent get active yeast like i reccommended , so he would use fresh cake yeast and bread flower and he had a stone

I explained everything that was about to go wrong , he said dont worry about me , i got a youtube reciepe
I called the next day , he said he used 40 grams of fresh yeast on 1000gms flour and 75% hydration

I said ok , cool , so let me guess, you burned the dough black on the hot stone , you didnt melt the chese because you kept opening the oven lid and letting out the heat , your neighbors gift marinara sauce tasted like crap , your friends got excited and dropped entire pizza upside down when they wanted to play pizza chef , it ended a disaster and you finally ordered pizza from town....

Exactly he says , but we did what sally kitchen queen on youtube said to do .....

Last edited:
Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Yea , just had a friend tell me she was driving up to pepes of new haven coal oven pizza , i been there many times , lately the kids operating the oven are burning the hell out of the pies , they taste like burnt cardboard with cheap romano cheese on them , not even worth going but people flock there because of the name ,
And ive had neopolitan pies that were horrible because every hipster thinks if you use fiora di latte and fresh yeast in a wood oven it equals instant sucess

My friend just called me and said he wanted to make a pizza party on his grill last weekend , he said he was going to make neopolitan pizza

I told him to slow down , he said he couldent get active yeast like i reccommended , so he would use fresh cake yeast and bread flower and he had a stone

I explained everything that was about to go wrong , he said dont worry about me , i got a youtube reciepe
I called the next day , he said he used 40 grams of fresh yeast on 1000gms flour and 75% hydration

I said ok , cool , so let me guess, you burned the dough black on the hot stone , you didnt melt the chese because you kept opening the oven lid and letting out the heat , your neighbors gift marinara sauce tasted like crap , your friends got excited and dropped entire pizza upside down when they wanted to play pizza chef , it ended a disaster and you finally ordered pizza from town....

Exactly he says , but we did what sally kitchen queen on youtube said to do .....

Yuuuuuuup! 75% hydration is great for pan dough, but it's literally never going to make Neapolitan pizza dough.

It's like they say, the burned hand teaches best! Or, you know, the multiple burned pizze and ensuing embarrassment.

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Next time I'll cut the dough recipe by a third, but other than the ratio of dough to toppings this was pretty good. Shredded parm over the top before baking, which contributed to the caramelization on the top, but it also affected the texture in an unpleasant way.

Screenshot from 2020 05 23 17 36 31

Screenshot from 2020 05 23 17 36 26

Screenshot from 2020 05 23 17 36 09

dire wolf

dire wolf

Hey K , these are out of my good oven , cant wait to get it fired up again next month ....

dire wolf

dire wolf

When i get the oven going its a lot of wood , so i get boxes and give pies to all the friends and neighbors .....

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Those leopard spots are nice!

I'm annoyed that I haven't been able to find 50# bags of any flour, let alone 00, so it'll be a while before I can get a Neapolitan system cranked up again. 🙁

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

So after smoking both the Uzbekistan and the Nepalma, I know I'll have something special with their crosses. Which just started popping!

Screenshot from 2020 05 31 01 26 48

Nepalma is a fucking awesome smoke. Euphoric, blissful, energetic, invigorating, and fucking delicious. Uzbekistan is too, but on the other end of the spectrum. It's relaxing and euphoric with a great body buzz, tighter bud structure, shorter flowering time, and fucking beautiful flowers.

This is my current preferred germination method. Start them off in sterile deli containers with rooting spray, wait for them to pop, then cover with EWC and soil mix in 1 inch layers, adding more as they break through. Also got some of Sannie's Jack Herer started.

Screenshot from 2020 05 31 01 26 58

Here's everything in veg right now. 6 Sinai plants, 3 Silver Fields, a Northern Lights Auto in the back, a clone of HSO's Blue Dream because it's also amazing, Siberian Haze x 2, Kurdish Kush x 3, Motherlode Kush, Double Black, and AK Kush. Most of them are topped, and most of those will be topped again for 4 main colas.

The Sinai are the roughest looking ones, they do not like being overfed or overwatered at all. They're getting quarter strength nutes on the next feed. But I'm the asshole that decided to grow two different new landraces at the same time, so...

Screenshot from 2020 05 31 01 26 32

Heavy Grapefruit is getting the chop in a few days. That's an inch-wide strip of wood on the wall behind it for scale.

Screenshot from 2020 05 31 01 26 16

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Came across this today, figured that some of you might be interested in a little extra security.

https://www.soundlazer.com/how-to-make-an-lrad-with-arduino/

It's what the link looks like- how to use an arduino to build an LRAD. 😈 You know, those crowd control "sound cannons" that can cause permanent hearing loss. I feel like they could be a fun addition to the current security system, especially once I can toggle it on and off remotely.

https://gizmodo.com/what-is-the-lrad-sound-cannon-5860592

Missionaries coming to the door? LRAD. Landlord coming by uninvited? LRAD. Bear roaming around outside the front door? LRAD. Police harassing a person of color outside? LRAD.

dire wolf

dire wolf

So after smoking both the Uzbekistan and the Nepalma, I know I'll have something special with their crosses. Which just started popping!

View attachment 979830

Nepalma is a fucking awesome smoke. Euphoric, blissful, energetic, invigorating, and fucking delicious. Uzbekistan is too, but on the other end of the spectrum. It's relaxing and euphoric with a great body buzz, tighter bud structure, shorter flowering time, and fucking beautiful flowers.

This is my current preferred germination method. Start them off in sterile deli containers with rooting spray, wait for them to pop, then cover with EWC and soil mix in 1 inch layers, adding more as they break through. Also got some of Sannie's Jack Herer started.

View attachment 979829

Here's everything in veg right now. 6 Sinai plants, 3 Silver Fields, a Northern Lights Auto in the back, a clone of HSO's Blue Dream because it's also amazing, Siberian Haze x 2, Kurdish Kush x 3, Motherlode Kush, Double Black, and AK Kush. Most of them are together pped, and most of those will be topped again for 4 main colas.

The Sinai are the roughest looking ones, they do not like being overfed or overwatered at all. They're getting quarter strength nutes on the next feed. But I'm the asshole that decided to grow two different new landraces at the same time, so...

View attachment 979831

Heavy Grapefruit is getting the chop in a few days. That's an inch-wide strip of wood on the wall behind it for scale.

View attachment 979832
Hey K , really like the layer of ec , I think that's the the most euphoric way a seedling can enter the world !!!
Also , I've run a lot Of. San ., gear , Jh did real nice , I'll find some pics and send em......
Yea I can get the double 0 , but don't really like it in my low temp oven , I'll get my hands on some by July , what's really hard to find is active , so I'm working on my starter.....or instant...

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Hey K , really like the layer of ec , I think that's the the most euphoric way a seedling can enter the world !!!
Also , I've run a lot Of. San ., gear , Jh did real nice , I'll find some pics and send em......
Yea I can get the double 0 , but don't really like it in my low temp oven , I'll get my hands on some by July , what's really hard to find is active , so I'm working on my starter.....or instant...

Thanks man! I just try to refine and improve every day.

I've tried essentially all of the "recommended" methods for sprouting seeds- paper towel, coffee filter, straight into dirt, etc. Using the deli containers lets me control the temp and humidity inside by keeping the lid various degrees of cracked. The lid stays on to some extent until all of their helmets are off, then it's just backfilling to support the seedlings as they grow until they're ready to transplant.

Sannie's stuff has been money for me so far. Just flipped the first Silver Fields yesterday, JH seedlings are hardy, and Herijuana is on the short list for the next strain to drop.

Starter is the way to go! You'll get a feel for it.

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

I dropped a bunch of fun stuff this week:

RSC Ukhrul (a highly biodiverse short sativa landrace from Manipur in NE India with purple phenos and mango/berry scents in flower but also some ruderal phenos that don't produce resin at all- hoping to get one or two breeder females from this run)
RSC Afghan Mix (an unintentional combination of landraces from Balkh, Badakhshan, Mazar-i-Sharif, and Kunduz that I thought would be interesting to grow with...)
USC Black Afghani
HSO 707 Truthband
Moscow Blueberry
Blueberry x Heribei
Uzbekistan F2

Next week's drop will be:

USC Seeds' Col'Jam (Colombian Gold x Jamaican Lambsbread)
Herijuana

The 8 Uzbekistan x Nepalma seedlings are all repotted into 1 quart pots. They're growing under 12/12 until they start to show signs of sex in 1 quart containers, then the females will get put in 3 gallon pots and vegged to the size needed with the males getting 1 gallon pots.

Also made:

Uzbekistan x Triple Pakistan
More Triple Pakistan
Kubanskiy Ubiyza x Nepalma
Kubanskiy Ubiyza x Uzbekistan

I'll make sure not to chop these too early.

The Silver Fields are all flipped. One is a male, so he got exiled to go be with his kind and throw pollen. The other two haven't differentiated yet. Next things to get flipped will be the Motherlode Kush, Double Black, the other Siberian Haze, AK Kush, and the first three Sinai.

Cut Heavy Grapefruit and Moscow Blueberry in the past week as well. I'll try to get around to taking some bud shots of those and the Gorilla Breath because there are some beautiful nugs in there. Got over a quart jar of each one, dried and mostly trimmed.

Next up for the chop are Three Blue Kings, Blue Dream, Blood Orange Sorbet, and Triple Pakistan. Then probably Hash 13, Platinum GSC, Kubanskiy, and then the stuff that I just flipped.

I've also started rinsing the branches, buds and all, after cutting them. Nothing super complicated, just dunking and swishing them in water with baking soda and vinegar added to it (it makes the solution bubble like H2O2), then in 120 degree water, then into a cold water bath before hanging them to dry.

The way I see it, even my most well taken care of buds will usually have some dust or other environmental stuff on them. Might as well err on the side of caution. Vaping is also noticeably smoother now.

Terpz719

Terpz719

I dropped a bunch of fun stuff this week:

RSC Ukhrul (a highly biodiverse short sativa landrace from Manipur in NE India with purple phenos and mango/berry scents in flower but also some ruderal phenos that don't produce resin at all- hoping to get one or two breeder females from this run)
RSC Afghan Mix (an unintentional combination of landraces from Balkh, Badakhshan, Mazar-i-Sharif, and Kunduz that I thought would be interesting to grow with...)
USC Black Afghani
HSO 707 Truthband
Moscow Blueberry
Blueberry x Heribei
Uzbekistan F2

Next week's drop will be:

USC Seeds' Col'Jam (Colombian Gold x Jamaican Lambsbread)
Herijuana

The 8 Uzbekistan x Nepalma seedlings are all repotted into 1 quart pots. They're growing under 12/12 until they start to show signs of sex in 1 quart containers, then the females will get put in 3 gallon pots and vegged to the size needed with the males getting 1 gallon pots.

Also made:

Uzbekistan x Triple Pakistan
More Triple Pakistan
Kubanskiy Ubiyza x Nepalma
Kubanskiy Ubiyza x Uzbekistan

I'll make sure not to chop these too early.

The Silver Fields are all flipped. One is a male, so he got exiled to go be with his kind and throw pollen. The other two haven't differentiated yet. Next things to get flipped will be the Motherlode Kush, Double Black, the other Siberian Haze, AK Kush, and the first three Sinai.

Cut Heavy Grapefruit and Moscow Blueberry in the past week as well. I'll try to get around to taking some bud shots of those and the Gorilla Breath because there are some beautiful nugs in there. Got over a quart jar of each one, dried and mostly trimmed.

Next up for the chop are Three Blue Kings, Blue Dream, Blood Orange Sorbet, and Triple Pakistan. Then probably Hash 13, Platinum GSC, Kubanskiy, and then the stuff that I just flipped.

I've also started rinsing the branches, buds and all, after cutting them. Nothing super complicated, just dunking and swishing them in water with baking soda and vinegar added to it (it makes the solution bubble like H2O2), then in 120 degree water, then into a cold water bath before hanging them to dry.

The way I see it, even my most well taken care of buds will usually have some dust or other environmental stuff on them. Might as well err on the side of caution. Vaping is also noticeably smoother now.
Lot's of cool stuff you don't normally see! Good luck with the new ones!

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
What ever happened to the Platinum cookie cut? You should really flower that one out man, Its an impressive specimen.
Looks like you've got your hands full over there though lol.

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

What ever happened to the Platinum cookie cut? You should really flower that one out man, Its an impressive specimen.
Looks like you've got your hands full over there though lol.

It's in there! About the fourth week of flowering. Also gave a cut to a neighbor who's gonna run it outside this year, so I'll take a few more cuts from that this year.

Top Bottom