A Grow Well Done: Lots of successes, some minor unknown ailments

• Thread starter Paka.Grow.Kona
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Paka.Grow.Kona

Paka.Grow.Kona

Hey Folks,

Just Wanted to make a post to share some photos and thoughts on this summer's grow.

Details of this grow are on my previous post

Basics
Strains
GMO
BTB
OG Kush
Environment
Greenhouse
1200ft elevation/dry side Hawaii
80-90F / 50-70% humidity
Vivosun 3'x4'x6' Veg Tent
Nutrients
Roots Organic
dry nutes
microbe teas
guano
Treatments
1x week until week 6
Regalia foliar and soil spray (organic immune booster)
BT foliar (organic caterpillar repellant)
Bee Safe foliar (organic aphid et al repellant)
Drying/Curing
Vivosun 2'x4'x4' tent
Wall mounted a/c ducted air into and out of tent in closed system
22pt GE dehumidifier w/ plumbing for constant flow of h2o out of tent
65-70F / 50-55%RH / 5 days

General
1. Just harvested GMO strain (runts not in trellis netting) . They were a runty, after veg, only lightly fed mostly with Roots terp tea brewed 24 hrs. Resulted in nice bud development. 1 plant finish end of week 9, 3 plants finish end of week 10. Only one of 4 had PM, and it was focused on one 3g-ish bud center. One plant had very weird brown dust on a couple small fan leaves. Baggied the PM infected bud center and threw it in the freezer for bubble hash.

2. BTB next up (3 plants in the back of the trellis netting, sativa phenotype), with ripening, full buds. Strong fruity / skunky smell. one of 3 plants has very minor PM on bud center closest to infected GMO plant. Will monitor carefully

3. OG (2 plants in the front of the trellis netting) 2 plants, indica heavy phenotype. Has some rusty heavy leaves on lower half of canopy (shown in one of the vids below). Also having trouble with the humidity i believe, moderate to major leaf taco-ing. Very large colas forming slowly. Finish week 12 or 13.

Ailments
I have included some photos of leaves with unknown ailments
photo of leaf in my hand: this sugar leaf and plenty others showed small black spots on upper face of leaf, with moderate yellowing. Cause unkown.
Please reply if you have any clue to what these might be!

Conclusion
This post is just a record of where things stand.

I know its not over, but this has been a terrific grow. When things go well, everything's just more fun. The hours and hours I've put into this project since April have been so rewarding and light feeling compared to previous grows that were racked with pests, blights and emergency moves.

There's a lot of posts on THCfarmer that are "Help I fucked up" posts, and I just wanted to share my story bc at its core its a celebration of the good times.

Cheers to all the growers doing their thing!
G

A grow well done lots of successes some minor unknown ailments
A grow well done lots of successes some minor unknown ailments 2
A grow well done lots of successes some minor unknown ailments 3
A grow well done lots of successes some minor unknown ailments 4
Coatesygrow1

Coatesygrow1

Nice! I hope you didn’t harvest everything looks very early 😶‍🌫️ I said on your other post 4 weeks will be the window and 6 weeks past peak

Moshmen

Moshmen

Can ya get some more pics of whole plant ? I t try bunk I might have seen some bud rot or mold ? And yeah still got a couple weeks

Paka.Grow.Kona

Paka.Grow.Kona

I harvested the three small runts this weekend, still holding on to the 3 BTB and 2 OG a little longer. Was thinking only another week. I am trying to base the harvest day on trichome development. Also this is the first grow I've done with organic soil vs liquid salt nutes, and its wild how much longer the plants take to reach ripeness. Thanks for the reminder!

Top Bottom