A herm question

• Thread starter Moe Danks
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Moe Danks

Moe Danks

ok so i don't know a bunch about herms other then they can be genetic or caused by some sort of stress. i've had a crop that had a light leak problem go herm and started shooting out nanners everywhere. and i've seen buds grown by buddies, and have bought buds that were herms, but no nanners in the buds just seeded. I'm sure some of the heavy seeded chronic i've got is from accidental pollination, but on some grows from my friends there was never pollen around. so why do some plants only show nanner and some only seed them selves? are then seeds from the selfed going to be all herms or will there be some unstable variation in there?

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

One probable reason you are only seeing seeds and not male flowers on those buds is because once the pollen sac releases its pollen the flower dies and drops off. Another possibility is that the growers of those other buds picked the male flowers off the bud at any point between flowering or sale.

As for the seeds from those hermi plants, the outcome can only be determined by growing them out. And remember self pollinated seeds are S1 seeds. If the plant has a genetic tendency to go hermi then its S1 offspring will most likely go hermi. If the plant is not genetically determined to go hermi then there is less of a chance its S1 offspring will be hermi prone. But anytime a plant goes hermi and then produces S1 seeds the chance of hermi offspring increases. Feminized seeds are usually S1 seeds as well, so this is why many people are able to get female plants from bagseed.

G

Guano

Not all hermies are the same, basicaly there are 3 types:
1 male flowers as the first appearing flower, ( which can be castrated) on a total female plant.
2 male flowers appearing during flowering, who release pollen (non curable).
3 male bananas at the end of flowering, who don't release pollen.

I

indiancanna

i didnt see any balls at all on mine this summer or bananas at flowering
but i still found some seeds in batch.
whats it all about!

budboy299

budboy299

I planted some seeds from a batch of all females (outdoor). I think they must have gotten knocked up by 0% THC hemp because the resulting plants looked leggy and had no kick to it

budboy299

budboy299

Remember too....midwestern states is lousy with ditch hemp

Top Bottom