A hobby garden through and through.

• Thread starter GreatWhiteBud
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GreatWhiteBud

GreatWhiteBud

Good morning,

I am starting a grow journal on my hobby garden, I grow for the joy of it and I also grow lots of other plants too!

My mission is to find a sustainable and ecologically sound way of producing high quality weed, as well as improving my technique and learning new ones.

I have chronic pain from a back/spine/hip issue that has me in need of readily available high potency marijuana and if I have learned one thing in my growing so far, home grown is the best!

I will update as I go for now I'll layout my grow tent specs, and later I'll take pics and stuff.

Tent: 4'x4'x6.5', Reflective mylar

Airflow:
1x 4" Stealth fan in-line ventilation w/ carbon filter and remote rheostat, and

1x 24" Oscillating fan from the side of the road, set to low and hung high.

Lights:
6x 4' Barrina T5 LED lights, 1500W equivalent, 2900k on a homemade frame.

Pots/growing medium:
20L (5 U.S. gal), plastic with overflow tray,

Black earth compost soil and peat moss mix (70/30) resting pH of 6.5-6.7 throughout the grow so far.

additional equipment:
1x homemade SCRoG frame (1 1/2" PVC, 8 Lbs Test monofilament fishing line)

Nutrients:
Vegetative:
Gaia Green All Purpose,
Gaia Green Gypsum,
1x dose of Holland Secret Calnesium at wk 5 veg.

flower:
Gaia Green Power Bloom,
Gaia Green Gypsum.

Nutrients are dry powder top dressing, so soil is turned every watering to prevent build up in the top soil.

Stay tuned for more to come, updates later on during the photo period.
A hobby garden through and through
A hobby garden through and through 2
A hobby garden through and through 3

GreatWhiteBud

GreatWhiteBud

You are going to have fun cutting that net out. Lol

Grow looks good.
I have a plan lol, might get the old home video out and do a quick vid on the process.
Gonna cut one side of the screen and pull the monofilament through any plants, then when they're all cut and gone the whole PVC assembly is coming out.

I do now have gardeners twine for the reset, I'm planning on rejuvenating these plants after harvest.

The PVC SCRoG assembly is getting lowered an inch to do a better job at spreading out the new growth.

I also just recently re-rigged my lights on a chain setup so I can raise and lower to the right height to within 2cm for the new growth.

GreatWhiteBud

GreatWhiteBud

Another dark period update, these girls are looking bodacious!

The last week's are the worst, my pruning shears start to whisper.

IMG 20220202 095126
IMG 20220202 095059
IMG 20220202 095214

GreatWhiteBud

GreatWhiteBud

So these are my harvesting markers;

50-70% of pistils change color,

Plants stop producing trichromes,

Trichromes stop increasing in size,

Fan leaves turn yellow,

Smell is intense,

Buds stop growing 90%,

Less than hand 5%of pistils withering, and

90% of pistils reach maturity.

So far I have 3/8, I'll be taking macro's until they are done.

GreatWhiteBud

GreatWhiteBud

It is cold as ice water in a jock strap out there, but you can get Crocs with a thermal liner so it could be worse!

The weather isn't the only frosty thing though! 🤙
IMG 20220205 062432
IMG 20220205 062627
IMG 20220205 044706
IMG 20220205 044735

GreatWhiteBud

GreatWhiteBud

New run, and we're off to the circus!

Some Afghani Landrace regular seedlings and the surviving clones from harvest, they are actually alive! Week 2 germination and just got into their forever home.

Using Fafard Organic seedling mix (0.5:0.07:0.1), it's a coco, peat moss, compost, and perlite mix and seems like good stuff.

Starting with light watering but frequent until the roots set and then feeding starts when they start asking.

IMG 20220222 143210
IMG 20220222 113431 01

IMG 20220212 202426

Happy gardening!

Moshmen

Moshmen

Lookin good - for what it’s worth - at the end of flower I would back those lights off , you should taper off intensity at the end of life.
With the lights so close and intense it’s highly likely that you burnt up some trichs and terps

GreatWhiteBud

GreatWhiteBud

Lookin good - for what it’s worth - at the end of flower I would back those lights off , you should taper off intensity at the end of life.
With the lights so close and intense it’s highly likely that you burnt up some trichs and terps
Yeah lol I burnt the Jesus out of them, I put in a chain for the lights now so I can raise and lower by 3mm increments.

They turned out ok but definitely going to back them off this time around.

GreatWhiteBud

GreatWhiteBud

Hey all it's been a while,

I have been working away on the ol' garden, the Afghani is pushing fans leaves that are frankly too big, they have been covering all the other branches.

So I have been trimming them piece meal so I don't stress the plants out too much, seems to be working, and I should be done with the slow prune by Saturday.

In other news my fledgling attempt at cloning failed out right, but I now know three important facts that will see me be hopefully be more successful:

a.) Always have a node as part of the scrapped/subsurface part of the cutting,

b.) Use loads more cloning gel not just a super thin layer, and

c.) Keep the clones in the clone chamber for longer to root.

Hopefully my next cuts come out better, this run I am taking them at the end of the veg period, as taking a clone and re-vegging it is way more waiting (as I found out).

New clones are Diamond Kush, planted last weekend on Sunday, they are taking off now!

IMG 20220317 062650
IMG 20220317 062831

Happy Gardening!

Top Bottom