A keen newbie. Ph issues/Early yellow tips

• Thread starter meerkat67
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

meerkat67

Hey, so I’m growing in coco. Have some seedling about two weeks old.. the tips are just starting to turn yellow. My question is, my res is ph’ed at 5.9 but when I check my root zone with my probe it is sitting around 5.0.. this is too low right? How to I remedy this? Is it as simple as raising my nute res? I was under the impression that 5.8-6.0 is optimal? Also, love the forum guys! Has helped me heaps!

M

meerkat67

This is them it’s early on but I want to catch it before it gets worse.. light is 500mm away

GrimReffer

GrimReffer

Appreciate any help
How often are you watering them? Also what nutrients are you using? I would say the probes are not super accurate usually. Your better off making a slurry with some coco from the pot and distilled water and then ph your slurry.

M

meerkat67

How often are you watering them? Also what nutrients are you using? I would say the probes are not super accurate usually. Your better off making a slurry with some coco from the pot and distilled water and then ph your slurry.
They are currently in 750ml pots and I’m only feeding 250ml at a time, so they are drinking that over 24hrs. That’s from wet coco to fully dried out.. I’m using a range called CX I doubt you’ll know of it.. okay that sounds like a plan, can you run briefly through that for me? I’m assuming just take equal parts or the like and mix it up and ph that? Is this after feeding or dry coco? Probe or Pen, I’m using blue lab ph equipment..

GrimReffer

GrimReffer

They are currently in 750ml pots and I’m only feeding 250ml at a time, so they are drinking that over 24hrs. That’s from wet coco to fully dried out.. I’m using a range called CX I doubt you’ll know of it.. okay that sounds like a plan, can you run briefly through that for me? I’m assuming just take equal parts or the like and mix it up and ph that? Is this after feeding or dry coco? Probe or Pen, I’m using blue lab ph equipment..
Here is a good thread to explain, just substitute coco for soil

M

meerkat67

Here is a good thread to explain, just substitute coco for soil

Thanks mate 👍🏼

GrimReffer

GrimReffer

Also you should not be letting your coco completely dry out. You actually want to keep the coco about 90% saturated at all times. You may think about watering twice a day if they are really dry in just 24 hours. Letting the coco dry out maybe part of your ph issue here, it can definitely lead to salt buildup in the coco.

M

meerkat67

Also you should not be letting your coco completely dry out. You actually want to keep the coco about 90% saturated at all times. You may think about watering twice a day if they are really dry in just 24 hours. Letting the coco dry out maybe part of your ph issue here, it can definitely lead to salt buildup in the coco.

Top Bottom