• Thread starter BC_August
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BC_August

I recently got my hands on one of these

how many plants could i feasibly grow with this light? and is it okay to couple this with a cheap blurple? or would that confuse the plant.

space is 3x3

Cant find feminized seeds here, mainly growing ruderalis indica, breeder claims 8/8 thc/cbd, perfect for what im using it for. But also have some random seeds from a friend that "has genetics that contributed to Skunk No1" whatever that means.

Plan so far is to get 6-8 seedlings going, grow as big as i can with the power i have and big the best looking 3 and hope for females.

Any tips would be appreciated. I'm a complete newbie.

the combing light question was because i was thinking of combing them while im growing the seedlings to maturity

B

BC_August

from what ive researched, i could fit 3 plants comfortably? some videos are claiming like 6-8 but nahhhh lol. with the ruderalis indica though, they arent huge so maybe 4?

quirk

quirk

At 100w actual, one plant max and that plant won't reach full potential. If you can couple it with any grow light to up the power, it would be a plus.

B

BC_August

At 100w actual, one plant max and that plant won't reach full potential. If you can couple it with any grow light to up the power, it would be a plus.

how come people rave on about the "spiderfarm 1000" or whatever, which is also 100watt, and grow more than one plant to full potential under just one?

B

BC_August

will probably stick to one while vegging and get another one come flower time

growsince79

growsince79

That depends on your definition of full potential. Does full potential mean as big as it can get? Or does it mean healthy mature buds? Because a 100w led can definitely do that.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
how come people rave on about the "spiderfarm 1000" or whatever, which is also 100watt, and grow more than one plant to full potential under just one?
because those small lights are for starting seedlings at best or microgrows if one intends on running full cycle. at 35w per sqft, you'll need at least three of those lights to even get close to getting a productive harvest in a 3x3.

growsince79

growsince79

because those small lights are for starting seedlings at best or microgrows if one intends on running full cycle. at 35w per sqft, you'll need at least three of those lights to even get close to getting a productive harvest in a 3x3.
the 100w is barely enough for 2 x 2. 300w will make you pound of quality bud in a 3 x 3.

B

BC_August

kk.
im just figuring this stuff out guys, total newbie. think ill make that my "signature" or something heh.
i have a blurple in there as well, thats 125 actual wattage. or 135, cant remember. so 225/235. im planning on 3 plants, i dont need a pound, im aiming for 3oz per plant. any more would be great.

the 100w is barely enough for 2 x 2. 300w will make you pound of quality bud in a 3 x 3.
so if 300w in a 3x3 will make a pound, 235watt in a 3x3 should surely get at least half a pound.

The plants im growing wont be big yielders anyway. I'm growing to help pain sufferers, not for premium buds. Most of it will be turned into tinctures, balms, medibals etcs. Prescriptions here are almost impossible to get and the costs per month aren't affordable unless you're upper class. so ACAB, we do it ourselves to help our friends and family, and strangers even. A family member who takes handfuls of meds a day and can barely move because of arthritis, is addicted to opiate based painkillers has made me want to do this. So yea, just asking for advice folks.

might look for a different forum tbh, literally every reply i get has a gross smell of tall poppy syndrome. far too narcissistic for me! thanks anyway.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
regardless if you're aiming to sell to the common stoner looking for dank buds, or growing for medical purposes, you should aim for the highest quality. i'd argue even moreso for medical patients. the majority of my harvests go to terminal patients with stage four cancers, MS, and autoimmune diseases. just because it's a replacement for pharmaceuticals doesn't mean you should be ok with lesser grade, if anything you should aim for the highest grade possible.

if this place isn't for you, then by all means, find another forum. many of us have been here for years and went through trials and tribulations to gain the reps we have. growing weed isn't complicated. taking straightforward comments as being condescending or "tall poppy" is a personal problem, not a problem with the communications offered. best of luck.

growsince79

growsince79

lol, why not go through one harvest and see how much you harvest before trying to get a pound out of 3x3 or the light. I bet you be lucky to get couple oz from you 1st harvest
Not gonna get it with a blurple either. Gotta have good light and strain to pull a lb in a 3x3.

alanmac101

alanmac101

how many plants could i feasibly grow with this light? and is it okay to couple this with a cheap blurple? or would that confuse the plant.

space is 3x3

Cant find feminized seeds here, mainly growing ruderalis indica, breeder claims 8/8 thc/cbd, perfect for what im using it for. But also have some random seeds from a friend that "has genetics that contributed to Skunk No1" whatever that means.

Plan so far is to get 6-8 seedlings going, grow as big as i can with the power i have and big the best looking 3 and hope for females.

the combing light question was because i was thinking of combing them while im growing the seedlings to maturity
whats wrong with ordering seeds online? simple and safe to do? instaed of making do get what you want dude? and your A1 right you come here and ppl are full of self importance almost preachy? ive found most of these threads useless and to quote you full of narcasistis ppl.. gd luck and get ordering online my friend

Frostfire

Frostfire

space is 3x3

Yes, you can use supplemental lighting with your new light, no, the plant will not be 'confused' it will simply use the available light in the right spectrum, what brand and what are the specs of your blurple?

The '400' in the nomenclature for that light is a suggestion that it 'can' replace a 400w hps or mh light. As I understood, the light is in a 3x3 so you are 'right in the park' with what the light is designed to do!

"...covering 1sqm of canopy.
Indoor grow lights in the LUMA series are renowned for their efficiency and ability to maximize your plants flowering/blossoming potential. This is thanks to the new 4Seasons XP35 horticultural COB design, which is built on a German engineered aluminum board. The grow light runs at peak efficiency per watt consumed and has minimal heat output. For the best results, place the light 30cm above the canopy."

Man, congrats on your new light; it looks and sounds the biz, enjoy what it will do for you. As far as # of plants to put under it, I'd say you are just about right with trying for 3, you won't really know until you give it a go. With the autos your planning for, 3 should be about right. Interested in the results you get with it if you'd like to share that, so feel free to update your experience with it! Best!

Observationist

Observationist

Maybe try the all new SPIDERFARMER 150000000

Don’t bother talking to this guy about sf/mars hydro he hates those lights anyways.

Microstraincollector

Microstraincollector

For reference I run a SF2000 in a 2x2... Low yields but I prioritize quality over quantity... I'm just starting to dabble in autos and it's been a new learning experience. My advice would be start small and keep it simple, keep a log of what works and what doesn't, and make a list of what you find out need to step it up for the next grow. Good luck!

quirk

quirk

I grew the plant in the first picture under a 150w Mars TS 1000. I grew the plant in the second picture under a CLW 350w. Both are Auto BlueBerry Domina,
same media and nutrients. This is what I meant by increasing potential with more light. Six ounce difference.

Mars TS1000
Top view
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom