A lil help fellow farmers

• Thread starter Kpezzy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

Kpezzy

I have been noticing that every day about three hours before lights off my plants have been drooping more and more and they perk back up after lights out and the lights come back on, any idea as to why they do this or is this normal, I have seen them droop in the past when lights are out but this is different, it's almost like they need lights out to perk themselves back up again 18/6 right now, thanks guys oh also roots have just started hitting water about 5 days ago so I havent been top feeding

J

jordisgarden

My plants do the same. its no big deal. mine get misted at 8 droop till 9. and when i open the room at 9 am they are stretching up towards the lights again..nothin to worry about...well unless you look at em and they are so hurtin its obvious. but as far as the droop and reach. in the dark they naturaly stretch towards the lights...
which is why they say a plant will triple in flower.

K

Kpezzy

My plants do the same. its no big deal. mine get misted at 8 droop till 9. and when i open the room at 9 am they are stretching up towards the lights again..nothin to worry about...well unless you look at em and they are so hurtin its obvious. but as far as the droop and reach. in the dark they naturaly stretch towards the lights...
which is why they say a plant will triple in flower.

Thanks alot man

S

scoobydoo

Drooping is still a sign of stress and that something is wrong. While they will still grow stressed plants don't grow as fast so your best to still look for the cause.

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

I've found that many strains droop a little during the dark cycle. Not sure what it means when they droop in anticipation of the dark cycle tho. I've had some plants that did that- not sure how it affected the harvest. I'm going to stay tuned to see if anyone knows what's up.
I do know it's pretty risky to mist your girls and let that moisture sit on them all night- an open invitation for mold and mildew. In a sealed room it's less of a risk, and also probably ok if you have a sulphur burner working on a regular basis.
Peace

M

Malachi

Sativa strains are notorious for drooping in the dark. I have a durban strain I run outside and it does it indoors and out.

Top Bottom