a lil Scrog help farmers

• Thread starter Kpezzy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

Kpezzy

this is the first time I have tried the screen I made, and I don't really know the best way to get results using it, when the plant shoots through the screen just tie it to the screen? do that a bunch of times until the screen is full? thanks farmers for the help.....KPZ

A lil scrog help farmers
M

Malachi

i dont tie, i just use the screen to train the branches, just keep tucking them under until your screen is full. some people do tie them down though, apples vs. oranges either way its still pretty sweet

K

Kpezzy

right on man thank you for the quick reply +1, I topped these girls but just feel like they need more have you ever topped all the side growth?

D

dooobster

As the tops and branches start growing thru the net, once they're long enough you start weaving them thru so as to create that even canopy, and you prune out all the popcorn buds down low in order to allow the plants to focus on the top buds.

M

Malachi

no dont keep topping, just use your screen to train. like dooobster said trim out all the undergrowth and scrawny branches under your screen once you flip. i do it again at like day 21 also so the plants concentrate on top cola production

forknowledge

forknowledge

Kpeezy Keep us informed I too am about to give the SCROG method a try

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

Leave a little room to allow for initial stretch that happens during first part of bloom cycle! if you tie them, they'll be easier to maintain, but a pain in the butt during harvest. Trimming the undergrowth is HIGHLY recommended also, as Malachi says.

K

Kpezzy

Leave a little room to allow for initial stretch that happens during first part of bloom cycle! if you tie them, they'll be easier to maintain, but a pain in the butt during harvest. Trimming the undergrowth is HIGHLY recommended also, as Malachi says.

thanks ATF, I'm stoked to see how well this Larry OG does with some tender lovin care :blush I'm using cutting Edge on them and growth has been vigorous

forknowledge

forknowledge

As the tops and branches start growing thru the net, once they're long enough you start weaving them thru so as to create that even canopy, and you prune out all the popcorn buds down low in order to allow the plants to focus on the top buds.

So does this mean only the 1/3 higher portion of the plants needs to tied & remaining branches below cut off?

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

So does this mean only the 1/3 higher portion of the plants needs to tied & remaining branches below cut off?

exactly what that means- :) Anything under that canopy will not get enough light to produce top-notch buds, and detract from what the plant is trying to do on top. Only the branches and bud sites that will receive direct light from the bulb should be kept. The scrog does look pretty funny from a side angle; kinda like a long-legged green ostrich.

I should also mention that they usually do better if you don't hack them all at once. I try to trim the lower stuff as it grows, when i'm using the scrog method. An extreme hack job right as they're flipped could cause unnecessary shock to your gals, and a lower yield.

forknowledge

forknowledge

exactly what that means- :) Anything under that canopy will not get enough light to produce top-notch buds, and detract from what the plant is trying to do on top. Only the branches and bud sites that will receive direct light from the bulb should be kept. The scrog does look pretty funny from a side angle; kinda like a long-legged green ostrich.

I should also mention that they usually do better if you don't hack them all at once. I try to trim the lower stuff as it grows, when i'm using the scrog method. An extreme hack job right as they're flipped could cause unnecessary shock to your gals, and a lower yield.

Thanks for informing me, had you not mentioned this I would have probably screwed up on the first attempt yikes! Cheers altitudefarmer

M

Malachi

you can also check out my thread at the bottom of my post to see a full thread in detail on how to setup and do a complete scrog run, the grow is over but the thread is still alive!

forknowledge

forknowledge

you can also check out my thread at the bottom of my post to see a full thread in detail on how to setup and do a complete scrog run, the grow is over but the thread is still alive!

Thanks Malachi.

Top Bottom