A little help for 1st timer.

• Thread starter Justsethpc
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Noobstar

Noobstar

I think it’s kinda easy to overwater them when they are that small and you have them in large pots for their size!

Not trying to brag, but this is what my random bag seed autoflower looked like after a month and a half
66EBDE0E 01F6 4411 B5ED D5C06FE30DF6

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Yeah. I guess I was trying to jump the gun and put them in too large of a pot.
hey that’s totally natural when your new to just feel like you need to be doing something to them everyday, it’s called over mothering!
that’s why next time don’t do anything without checking here in the farm first!
so many fantastic growers and friendly people to help you!!

growsince79

growsince79

I probably spend a good 3 weeks of constant research before I pulled the trigger. Where is a good place to get seeds at?

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Could I aerate the soil and help dry it out some? I realize now, I packed the soil too tight for it to drain properly out the bottom.

This is the main issue IMO, the soil looks horrible. Use quality soil and mix it with perlite like someone else said earlier.

Rawkn

Rawkn

I don't think anyone mentioned this. When you have a small plant like this in a large pot, it's still very possible to do, but you only lightly water around the base/root zone if the plant, not the entire pot. Usually a circle around the plant that's as wide, or slightly wider than the width of your plant. A gallon of water for 3 is way too much, probably a solo cup of water for 2 or 3 plants would do it. Of course, starting with a smaller pot is always easier until you become better at knowing when and how much to water. You'll get better at that with time.

I hope you find a way to grow more and I wish you bountiful harvests in the future.

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
I probably spend a good 3 weeks of constant research before I pulled the trigger. Where is a good place to get seeds at?
I can probably send out out a bit of seed, depending on what your looking for.

I can certainly hook you up with more than 3 seeds to get you started bro, maybe a few dozen instead... I think that might be a little more appropriate. That way you got backups, and backups of backups. It will give you a chance to make a mistake or two without expensive loss.

That said, if your looking for autos, or photo's, I've got some of each, as do many other here. I suspect. Personally, I think a good spot for someone like you to start, is here: Understanding how pot size, and different mediums, water tables effect plant growth: These are solid basics to build upon.

The real keys to getting a good seedling start revolves around adequate light, excellent drainage, and good aeration of your soil, having appropriate pot size/medium will facilitate that, then simply having some decent seeds to start them in.

Once you get things going a little, then you can start to add in fertilizer and nutirents.

I would suggest some of the following:

A decent light of some type:
Good substrate: either coco, or a good soil medium
Nutes: either organic, or salts, one or the others. Personally I think using salts are easier for the newer grower, and easier to control and measure. But there's are lots of good regimes. If price is a factor, take that in consideration in your build. There are ways to do things effectively on a budget.

Microbes are very important. Spawning levels of arbuscular mycorrhizae, fungi, microbes, ect. are key to plant growth.
Maybe start laying out a game plan, taking pics and documenting here on your thread, so you can be assisted along in the process.

Last edited:
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
I can probably send out out a bit of seed, depending on what your looking for.

I can certainly hook you up with more than 3 seeds to get you started bro, maybe a few dozen instead... I think that might be a little more appropriate. That way you got backups, and backups of backups. It will give you a chance to make a mistake or two without expensive loss.

That said, if your looking for autos, or photo's, I've got some of each, as do many other here. I suspect. Personally, I think a good spot for someone like you to start, is here: Understanding how pot size, and different mediums, water tables effect plant growth: These are solid basics to build upon.

The real keys to getting a good seedling start revolves around adequate light, excellent drainage, and good aeration of your soil, having appropriate pot size/medium will facilitate that, then simply having some decent seeds to start them in.

Once you get things going a little, then you can start to add in fertilizer and nutirents.

I would suggest some of the following:

A decent light of some type:
Good substrate: either coco, or a good soil medium
Nutes: either organic, or salts, one or the others. Personally I think using salts are easier for the newer grower, and easier to control and measure. But there's are lots of good regimes. If price is a factor, make that known, that way the build can take these factors into account.

Microbes are very important. Spawning levels of arbuscular mycorrhizae, fungi, microbes, ect. are key to plant growth.
Maybe start laying out a game plan, taking pics and documenting here on your thread, so you can be assisted along in the process.
+1.. couldn’t of said it any better!!!

thatguy2001

thatguy2001

Chronic overwatering to death. I'd toss them and start over. Fill the pots all the way and mix at least 20% perlite.
I don't think anyone mentioned this yet, and I didn't catch if they are autoflower, but those seedlings are flowing. Never have them on a 12/12 schedule unless you want them to start flowering.
I am currently dealing with having to reveg some clones I took because after they rooted and I put them in soil, I had the not so brilliant idea to put them in a window. One week later my itty-bitty clones had flowers. Use proper light, at least 18/6, if not more.

Justsethpc

Justsethpc

I don't think anyone mentioned this yet, and I didn't catch if they are autoflower, but those seedlings are flowing. Never have them on a 12/12 schedule unless you want them to start flowering.
I am currently dealing with having to reveg some clones I took because after they rooted and I put them in soil, I had the not so brilliant idea to put them in a window. One week later my itty-bitty clones had flowers. Use proper light, at least 18/6, if not more.
They are autofloqering.

Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

T
I water them about every 3 days, and between the 3 normally about a gallon. And using some organic soil stuff a buddy gave me.
Too much water and crap medium. Hard container that’s way too big. A setup for a disaster.

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
Autoflowers mature by age so looking at it that’s al it’s ever going to be. I would start over and if your using autos you want to try not to hinder their growth by overwatering and stressing the plant bc that will stunt the growth like it has here. I know it’s disappointing but start fresh and never give up! You will know after while how a plant is supposed to grow and about what size it should be at so and so weeks old. Also use 18-6 the whole time or even 20-4 light cycle. I feel photoperiod plants are more forgiving bc if you do mess up and overwater and slow growth you can just give them more time till the reach the right size to initiate flowering (budding).

Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

Autoflowers mature by age so looking at it that’s al it’s ever going to be. I would start over and if your using autos you want to try not to hinder their growth by overwatering and stressing the plant bc that will stunt the growth like it has here. I know it’s disappointing but start fresh and never give up! You will know after while how a plant is supposed to grow and about what size it should be at so and so weeks old. Also use 18-6 the whole time or even 20-4 light cycle. I feel photoperiod plants are more forgiving bc if you do mess up and overwater and slow growth you can just give them more time till the reach the right size to initiate flowering (budding).
Ditch the autos.

Mrb53

Mrb53

You have had plenty of recommendations...now it is time to act. Frankster has GREAT SEEDS....Autoflower - anywhere from 18 to 24 hrs of light. I keep autos on 24 on...they do not need the rest like photoperiod plants do.
Do not put a small plant in a large container, you always wind up overwatering. Use 5" peat or coco cups and just insert them into the next larger size. I go from peat pods to 3" cups to 1 gal and then to final container (auto - I like 3 gal and 5 gal for the larger genus of autoflowers...like Franks Frankenstein Auto..

Top Bottom