A little help please

• Thread starter Frank Tan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
WiseGorilla

WiseGorilla

mid 70's is excellent. I've never heard of lemon juice but you can buy ph down solution from amazon.com for very cheap. pH 6.1-6.2 is ideal 6.5 is still a bit too high.

My advice is get those seeds that I suggested asap and scrap this grow. Give them two strong bloom feedings this week and then flush with just water for a week and start over. There is no way to get top quality herb at this point with these plants.

Keep it simple with the next grow. I like General Organics Nutrients and fox farm happy frog soil as a perfect mix to start off with.

WiseGorilla

WiseGorilla

No problem. Yes its very sad to go through so much time and energy to have a crop fail but it happens to the best of them when starting out. The real key when starting out growing is getting the right genetics and environment. I would recommend you get 9 female seeds, put them in 1 gallon pots of new good fox farm happy frog soil. Lights on for 16 hours, total darkness 8 hours until they fill up the canopy. Then put the lights on to 12 hours on 12 hours total dark. The strains i described above are good beginner strains but also connoisseur quality herb. Good luck man.

Frank Tan

Frank Tan

I can't wait to start again. I am flushing two of the heat affected girls and decided to chop the worst one straight away. I will try curing it for a month and hope that helps it

Frank Tan

Frank Tan

Right, ready for the next daft question??
So I have my tent and the hot girl from the local grow shop has all the nutrients I think I will need. In the czech republic, If you use electric heating rather than gas heating then your electrical bill for everything is one third less. Great news!! but it comes with a standard weird rule. You have 20 hours at the reduced rate, except at peak times at 7 until 9 in the morning and from 5 until7 in the evening. So my question to the great collective consciousness is, could I switch off the grow room lights twice for 2 hours in the 24 hour cycle and still have a normal grow?

WiseGorilla

WiseGorilla

Hey man. I would really recommend you not mess with the lighting schedule. Thats how you get hermaphrodite plants and other issues. How much more expensive is the electric during peak hours? You may have no choice but to keep the lights on during one of those windows. I would recommend you also not use the 24 hours of light. My favorite light schedule for veg is 16 hours on, 8 hours off and for flower 12 hours on and 12 hours off. The best time to have the lights on is at night usually, because of heat. If i were you the schedule would be lights on 7pm-11am for veg and 7pm-7am for flower. Good luck man.

Frank Tan

Frank Tan

Lol, deep down I knew I couldn't mess with the lights like that, but I had to ask. Thanks again gorilla, I really appreciate your advice!

WiseGorilla

WiseGorilla

No prob man. I wish you well. If you have the right lighting schedule, nutrients, temperature, humidity and strain you will grow top quality herb. Its not as easy as it looks for sure but if you follow the guidelines you will be happy I think.

Latest posts

Top Bottom