A little too much too fast. Do I need to postpone..........

• Thread starter jorkvilleyoe
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

jorkvilleyoe

I did my first run off testing and two ladies in OF (one in a 5 gallon fabric pot and one in a 3 gallon fabric pot) are at 1600-1700 ppm/ PH-6.7 and two ladies in Hoppity(also one in a 5 gallon pot and one in a 3 gallon pot) are in the 3000-4200 ppm /PH-5.7-5.8 range and a course of action has been determined .The ladies in Ocean Forest have a few white hairs. All plants appear to be healthy. I will be doing R/O water runoff until back where they belong. The smallest one in the first photo is 29 days old,the rest 36 days old.
42B010B1-0CF3-4E2B-9F6F-3B432F872FF7.jpeg
F8E4D836-A1CC-4ABA-8B78-9734F04FCEED.jpeg
8B72943A-358D-4E91-8598-FDCB319F1B90.jpeg
1143FB89-D7DD-460C-AC53-51B33AA159FC.jpeg

My question is this:
should I cease defoliation and LST UNTIL I have these parameters back in proper range so as to maximize the number of consumers so to speak?
If I were to defoliate would it not concentrate these already high levels even further to the remaining (fewer) leaves /stalks and stems resulting in an increased likelihood of an excess nutrient problem.(Whatever you call it,Nute lock or something.)
What does a more knowledgeable person than I have to say on the matter?
Ty all in advance.

Last edited:
Swayz

Swayz

I’d keep training and stop defoliation.

what else is in your soil mix or is it just OF?

if you’re plants are looking and growing okay I wouldn’t worry too much about the ppms especially in fabric pots. The outsides of those will dry out and a lot of minerals end up coating the sides. If your soil was at all dry and the water ran down the sides it will pick up a lot of those minerals on the way down and give you a high ppm reading.

J

jorkvilleyoe

its just
I’d keep training and stop defoliation.

what else is in your soil mix or is it just OF?

if you’re plants are looking and growing okay I wouldn’t worry too much about the ppms especially in fabric pots. The outsides of those will dry out and a lot of minerals end up coating the sides. If your soil was at all dry and the water ran down the sides it will pick up a lot of those minerals on the way down and give you a high ppm reading.
its just the two in happy frog that are superhot the ocean forest is going to be within acceptable specs asap.
But to answer your question,nothing in either except a few premature 50% nute feedings while the soil still had plenty to offer.

Swayz

Swayz

That’s strange the Happy Frogs are the hot ones. Back in the day we were mixing Happy Frog in to the OF because the OF was hot.

Whatcha feeding them? Are you doing liquids this round?

If you have space try adding some mulch on top of the soil. It’ll help out with dry pockets. Doesn’t have to be anything fancy you’re just trying to keep the moisture where it’ll have the most benefit.

either way they look healthy
keep up the good work and I hope you’re having fun

J

jorkvilleyoe

That’s strange the Happy Frogs are the hot ones. Back in the day we were mixing Happy Frog in to the OF because the OF was hot.

Whatcha feeding them? Are you doing liquids this round?

If you have space try adding some mulch on top of the soil. It’ll help out with dry pockets. Doesn’t have to be anything fancy you’re just trying to keep the moisture where it’ll have the most benefit.

either way they look healthy
keep up the good work and I hope you’re having fun
fun yes and ty for your input.As for space not really because I added a bit more soil to help support them as seedlings prior to transplant and the nodes are super tight. its a full time job keeping the lower leaves out of the dirt. you can see bamboo shish kabob skewers holding some leaves up until there's enough new growth to where i will be confident enough to pull them and we get those ppm's where they belong.keeping everything around 77-78 * and 72-73 % humidity.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
you really dont need to check ppms in organic soil runoff ppm is not relevant. if your soil is hot they will adjust and grow out of it 99% of the time. just do plain water until they do.

Top Bottom