A Lot Of Herms

• Thread starter LI grows
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LI grows

LI grows

I've been growing for a little over 1 year now. Its a hobby...I'm a little OCD when it comes to hobbies a couple of CFLs later turned to 1000w then 1400 now i'm at 2400w with 2 chambers. blah blah blah.

For the past 9-10 months i've had good success high yields about 1.5g per watt and all from one seed. Liberty Haze... I wanted to have a few seeds to play with and i went and got colloidal silver at the hydro store and self pollinated the Liberty Haze popped about 30 S1s. Now my S1 plants are in their week 3- 4-5 and im finding herms. I also popped some Dutch Passion Blues and they hermed too.

Im assuming this is genetic.

I am wondering if it was caused by stress. Coming off of serious heat stress and reached 97 a few times and a few times missed or under watered and two power outages . About 3 weeks ago and 5 weeks ago lost lights for about 1 hr each time.

Im doing perpetual soil and scheduled to harvest 8 plants per week. i have 8 groups of 8 plants in each group. 8 plants in week1, 8 in week2 and so on.

I just discovered the herms today and chopped 9 plants already. Ive seen a couple plants with seeds forming and gonna have to decide what else needs to be chopped but im gonna try and salvage what i can. I mean the plants that are week6 and later have nice size buds and are still going to yeild even if theres seeds. I hope. And plants in week1 and week2 not many pistols should be ok. I hope. i dont know what to expect here.
Im gonna get in there and spray everything down with water tomorrow hopefully get rid of the pollen.
Veg chamber is gonna take a hit too but just a few rooted clones thats assuming its hereditary.

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

Liberty haze is a fem strain so you were useing fem seed to make fem seed which is never a good idea.invest $100 on a pack of good regular seeds from a reputable breeder like bodhi or karma or serious or watever.theres plenty to choose from.you have plenty of space so maybe even 2 packs of $50 seeds of 2 different strains.pop the seeds,grow em out,take cuts off every plant,mark each cut according to which plant it came off.put em onto root and flower out the plants they came from.discard the males for now but keep all cuts including males if u want to make seeds but that only comes wen u find the best female.once harvested work out which plant was the best and keep the clone of it and unless the rest were really bad u can bloom the other clones out or ditch em.watever.you have your mother anyway.you then use this to grow crops with and u can pollonate it with a male or hit it with silver ts to make more seeds for a bigger pheno hunt for a better mother.

Top Bottom