A Love Letter To A Farmer

• Thread starter DaddysGirl
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DaddysGirl

DaddysGirl

You all don't know me, but my boyfriend is a grower who peruses theses boards. He lives a quiet, solitary life. He likes to say that he "hides in plain site", which as you all in illegal states know, he has to. I know he would like to be out in the proverbial light of day, and that he would like to be able to talk about the work he does with others like him. He'd like to share his passions with real people face-to-face. He is extremely good at what he does, and he operates with unwavering integrity and soul. After growing for about 35 years he has this incredible body of knowledge and he can rattle off stories about the lineage of this strain or that, he can walk into the grow room and intuitively know when something isn't right, and precisely what has gone wrong. He is extremely competent and patient at this job that no one gets to know he has. He researches and learns constantly, not because he has to and not because anyone is giving him a raise; he strives for perfection because that is the person that he is. He works in a dark, cramped basement, and it's hard on his body. He continues anyway, all the while worrying that he isn't successful. He is successful in the truest sense.

Without going into too much detail, we've been sort of immediately, unceremoniously cut off from the market. You know how it is, right? Our main guy lost his main guy, etc. Anyway, we are in this tight spot now, and its hard to break into a market without major exposure. He is feeling the pressure, the frustration, the lack of control...It's very difficult and probably only something that only other people like him can totally understand.

In case he reads this, I want him to know that I believe in him, I am proud of the person he is, I'm overwhelmed by his kind heart and tenacity. We will stick this out and make it through because that is what we do.

<3

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Very nice..
Same deal here with our poultry operation..
We supply the demand for eggs during winter when others cannot.
Come spring like right now other farms chickens start laying, ovulation in chickens is increased with longer daylight hours...
So then our retail customers cut our throats for the cheaper eggs when available. Thanks a lot..

Our eggs blow the socks off the completion for quality and organic health wise nutrition.
We have back stocked 15 cases at $125.00 a case is a lot not to collect revenue on.
We donated to food banks, senior citizen homes, homeless shelters which is good, but were lucky to break even and its a lot of work everyday that just has to be done.
Less than one year I will retire to the river, fish as much as possible enjoy time with the wife, have a few chickens for eggs and meat for us..
We have been blessed with donations, incredible donations from fellow farmers on occasion to help us get through some tough times...
Keep the faith, somehow it will work out..

Last edited:
icanfarm

icanfarm

I had to stop for four years it about drove me crazy if it hadn't been for my lady I would have gone crazy for sure the only thing that helped was researching my next grow keep the faith and good for you for letting him know your with him. And as far as always striving and believing that you can do better or that you just not getting it right you would probably find that it a lot of the good farmers its the curse of striving for perfection

Top Bottom