A modified Ebb/Flow idea for a 6x3.75 room?

• Thread starter HypnoToad
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

HypnoToad

Hi everyone. Being a new grower, I have decided to simplify my grow room, but still get good yields, growth rates, quality, etc. I was thinking of getting 2 3x3 trays, each with it's own res. Build and ebb/flow setup but without the timer. That way it's always flooded to the drain level. Then, taking a piece of home depot insulation Styrofoam (1 or 2". the pink stuff. real solid), build a raft with a variable number of holes for net pots.

Here is what I've got to work with: 6x3.75x9 room.
1 8000BTU A/c portable. will get 2 600w (air cooled?) lights HPS. This is a perpetual flower room. Cloning vegging elsewhere (4x2 grow tent). will add co2 when funds available. will mount the 2 tables on some sort of 2x4 table made DIY. May install a drop ceiling (to hang the lights/ use less co2/possible heat exhaust if its insulated).

The question is: any feedback on the system? Do you need any more info? should I go sog or scrog?

Thanks,
HT

M

Malachi

AMerican hydro makes an econo tray design that is (2) 3x3 that sounds like it would be good for what you are doing. Instead of the raft I think you can get the lids for the flood trays that house 4" net pots. Then you could scrog it.

H

HypnoToad

So true, that a plug an play solution exists, but I'm cheap (broke), so it's DIY all the way or Craigslist, I suppose. Thanks for the info.

HT

M

Malachi

if you are on a budget why not just build a raised bed fill it with medium and feed drain to waste?

H

HypnoToad

Because I am in an apartment, and I have limited resources at the moment. I am currently doing soil...too messy for an apt. The idea of water and lava rock sounds so much cleaner, and faster too. I've also tinkered with the idea of doing a 2 bucket tree grow. I just dont know yet. I got 6x4 feet to do something with after my first solo grow harvests. Starting vertical requires a lot more prep than i did. Right now I got 2 400w CMH bulbs hanging vertically with a bunch of plants (13) in smart pots couched around them. It works, but i feel i can do way better.

Thanks for the advice, always appreciated.
HT

H

HypnoToad

Wait....Malachi as in "Spill blood, praise the Lord, Malachi?"

Great Username,
HT

Top Bottom