• Start date
  • Tagged users None
cnw1970

cnw1970

Bubblegum Day 3
Pppp

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Lookin good. Next grow I would consider the solo cup method. I find it is much easier to care for and monitor the growth of the roots in clear solo cups inside red ones. Yes you have to transplant once large enough but it is so much easier to properly water a solo cups worth of medium vs a large fabric pot. When pot seedlings directly into final containers, you benefit from skipping having to transplant but I found there to be a disadvantage I hadn't figured for. So in a large pot with a seedling, the root zone is obviously not well established yet so likely you won't be giving gallons to the pot to ensure complete saturation. Why would you when the seedlings appear to barely need a half cup of water here or there? The issue for me was this allows for the large pots to dry out. When the medium gets to dry it becomes hyrdrophobic and harder to water in the future because the water will repel from dry spots and "channel" around them, leaving patches of soil with roots that starve.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Lookin good. Next grow I would consider the solo cup method. I find it is much easier to care for and monitor the growth of the roots in clear solo cups inside red ones. Yes you have to transplant once large enough but it is so much easier to properly water a solo cups worth of medium vs a large fabric pot. When pot seedlings directly into final containers, you benefit from skipping having to transplant but I found there to be a disadvantage I hadn't figured for. So in a large pot with a seedling, the root zone is obviously not well established yet so likely you won't be giving gallons to the pot to ensure complete saturation. Why would you when the seedlings appear to barely need a half cup of water here or there? The issue for me was this allows for the large pots to dry out. When the medium gets to dry it becomes hyrdrophobic and harder to water in the future because the water will repel from dry spots and "channel" around them, leaving patches of soil with roots that starve.
Yup this ^^^^

cnw1970

cnw1970

They got their first significant watering today, and the new leaves had some noticeable growth.
Boo

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I was going with AC Infinity's suggestion of 40% at 15 inches for seedlings. Think I should raise the light or dim it?
Have a link to the light? That sounds like way to much depending on the power of the light.

if you can download the photone app but you have to pay for the LED upgrade and run about 150ppfd for now. I can give you ppfd numbers if you have the app but I n the end you want to go by the plants… its just a tool to help make that a bit easier to gauge

cnw1970

cnw1970

Have a link to the light? That sounds like way to much depending on the power of the light.

if you can download the photone app but you have to pay for the LED upgrade and run about 150ppfd for now. I can give you ppfd numbers if you have the app but I n the end you want to go by the plants… its just a tool to help make that a bit easier to gauge

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yeah back that up to like 30” and give it a about 4-5 days. The nee growth should be nice and green with no yellowing. From there you can slowly start increasing the intensity while paying attention to the leaf response

cnw1970

cnw1970

Day 9 and they're really starting to take off. They have been getting a 1/2 gallon of water when dry, and have had Homegrown Cannabis Co.'s seedling booster. They all responded well to it. Blue Dream is a bit ahead of the others.
BD1

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

I ran in a 4x8 but only used a 4x4 area of the tent, did 6 autos was a bit tight but once one of them finished and I made an X pattern with the 5 they had more room to spread out

They where all in 5 gallon fabric pots, had the plants gotten any bigger I would been in trouble though lol

Pic below is when I had 6x in there about 3 weeks before harvest
I can't even tell what I'm lookin at. No joke my first thought was Godzilla lol were any of those topped at all?

Latest posts

Top Bottom