A New Beginning...

• Thread starter Sixth Alchemist
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Sixth Alchemist

This is my first post on this forum, first off I'd like to say that the webdesigners did a good job on the design and creation of the site, very catchy. Im not a new grower, Im an avid gardener with about 4years experience. Although this will be my first true grow in a few years due to relocation issues, sketchy areas, and college. But finally I can devote time to the passion with several benifits, ie: Fresh Cannabis to consume, The relaxing benefits, The idea of where it came from and fresh oxygen. I am using bagseed from a skunky indica, I dont know the name of the seeds since theyre a few years old.

Equipment: 1 125w cfl, 6500 kelvin
Small Fan
Mylar
Hydrometer
Digital Thermometer w/wireless external sensor
5oz Plastic cups(walmart brand)
Miricle grow organic mixed equally with mg perlite
Greenlight Rooting Hormone
Small heater in case temps drop below 60degrees farenheight
24hr timer with 15minute incriments
Mister
Small Garden Shearers

The plants are about 1week old, theyre under an approx 18hr of light. Theres 5 babies, 1 didnt germinate, but that happens from time to time. I want to do a small grow just for personal use and limited funds due to school and etc. The pics will soon come, theyre about an inch tall, they all have their true first set of leaves, theyre developing their second set as we speak. Theyll under go about a month of vegetative growth before they get to go into sexing, then clones for a possible sog setup. Any advice will be appreciated.

S

Sixth Alchemist

ehh, they need more power

I got the temps to a more manageable level, about 77 during the day, 66 at night. I need to order a new bulb witch will be about 70bucks. Until then, i plan to add a few extra bulbs to help out. I will take a pic either tomorrow or Thursday. They're slowly starting to grow but once they get more power, then they'll start to grow at a faster rate. I may also include my bowl collection with the pic. I just have to clean them all, they're about 600 dollars in value and climbing.

side note, ive been looking at the root balls and they are starting to fully occupy their medium.

A

asee

Energy for growth and power so always be ready for slim and starts so you become a healthy and good looks and nourishment foods eat so always be ready for best outcomes.

Donnybrook

Donnybrook

Welcome Aboard Sixth Alchemist ,

I think you'll find everything ya need here on The Farm , Many Great growers helpin growers . Do take the time & browse all the sections especially the Breeders section & see what a fine selection of Genetics & Support these Breeders provide Unlike Any Other site on the www .

Sounds like ya got things in order on yer grow & do keep us posted .

Good Luck ,,,

S

Sixth Alchemist

Welcome Aboard Sixth Alchemist ,

I think you'll find everything ya need here on The Farm , Many Great growers helpin growers . Do take the time & browse all the sections especially the Breeders section & see what a fine selection of Genetics & Support these Breeders provide Unlike Any Other site on the www .

Sounds like ya got things in order on yer grow & do keep us posted .

Good Luck ,,,

thanks man, i plan to eventually start a breeding project that ill need help on, for now ill stick to breeders seeds lol...

S

Sixth Alchemist

pics

so the babies are starting to grow, i think it was due to the cooler nights that kept the soil too cool to aide in proper water evaporation from the soil. The high today in the grow was 78 low 68, the water is now being absorbed and evaporated at the proper levels and quantities.

Plant
Collection
S

Sixth Alchemist

things are looking up

just redone the grow area, i cleaned it good with some bleach and waited until the smell went away then added a new bulb. 65w cfl about 5000 lumens, 6500k. i took a dusk to dawn fixture and add new wires ect. pics will come soon, right now doing a temp test. Ill be adding another bulb fixture soon. so right now the plants are receiving about 13000lumens. Within the week there should be noticeable growth.

S

Sixth Alchemist

a minor setback

I had to transplant the seedlings the other day into 16oz solo cups because when they were in the 5oz, the soil was drying out to quick and then on cooler days it would retain the water too much. One plant took the most damage but things are starting to improve. I was careful when I transplanted them since they were not even close to root bound. But theyre bouncing back and the leaves are uncurling. For the 65w bulb i rewired and mounted the box on the wall. Things are improving, theyre 2weeks out of the ground and 16 from germination. I just want one girl so i can make a clone army. I might get some blueberry clones in a few weeks, if i get them ill scrap this grow and start over.

The runt may get fed to the cats if it cant pull out of its situation in a few days. two plants are bouncing back at quicker rates and theyre starting to get the nice dark green leaves, the other two are probably about 4days behind, but with tender care they all should start to exhibit tremendous vigor.

Ballast box
Lights2
Plants2
Top Bottom