A new motivation to keep growing. What's yours?

• Thread starter Cirroji
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

I have 2 reasons that motivate me for growing.

The first is to save money on weed. I smoke an ounce a week (about an 8th a day), so that can easily run me $1000 a month.

My first grow saved me over $1200, and out of that $1200, $800ish was used to build both tents. So the first grow paid for itself and then some. This grow, if I get another successful harvest, should set me up to be entirely self sufficient.

Reason 2: I started getting heavily interested in gardening at the end of summer. I figure if I can successfully grow weed to harvest and cure, I should be able to grow some veggies without much issues.

And I thought of a third reason: I love tinkering with things, so building a grow room, tweaking it, upgrading things, etc just helps put my overactive mind at ease.
Pretty much same here. Pain and sleep are two more reasons.

My first harvest was better than what I could get local even at the dispensaries!😝

S

Stonemason7767

I have a good friend who always tries to get me to drive to michigan for it. If i didn't have to go through indiana i prob would.
I do love indiana spent alot of time there living in Southern michagin.thier marijuana laws are horrible though.they need to get with the program.chain o lakes state park in Northern Indiana is were I collect alot of my microorganisms, and wild plants for my fermented fertilizers. Love it there beautiful spot.the fishing is off the hook.just hate being sneaky about weed. My motivation for growing is getting a quality of weed you can't buy at the dispensary. Most of the time with them it cooperate greed shity weed.

20220913 180552
Last edited:
Novaracer69

Novaracer69

Well what got me started is myself I saw people personally spraying their weed then microwave it. I am not got to say what it was but ain't no MF way. So In 2003 I mad my first seed order from seedsdirect.com. Then I noticed how much better my own was and it was a wrap.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Ya the prices in michagin have been amazing.got 35 grams of flower the other day for $30.

Prices are low right now. Deals can be found but not all of the weed is worth buy. We probably won't grow as many plants in 2023 but that's not due to the industry. Its due to rising cultivation costs and the shear abundance of flower in the house at the time being.

Novaracer69

Novaracer69

Prices are low right now. Deals can be found but not all of the weed is worth buy. We probably won't grow as many plants in 2023 but that's not due to the industry. Its due to rising cultivation costs and the shear abundance of flower in the house at the time being.
The only thing is that I personally have not smoked anything from the dispo that was anywhere near my own personal grow. My son got a few zips and they left a soap taste in my mouth 🤮 I used to get my mouth washed out with soap I know what I am tasting 🤣🤣🤣

S

Stonemason7767

Ya the farm I worked at didn't even grow outdoor this year.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Yep we use it until about 3rd week of flower.after ther fermentation it dosnt even smell like fish.
We've used "FishShit" before. The only thing I smell in the product is the "shit" part. It's enough to gag you. We've found cheaper alternatives which are equally foul smelling. They work ... they work well even. They also smell up the grow room for a while.

S

Stonemason7767

as fish emulsion should be used👍

yes personally i agree but some find a hint lingers around the

We've used "FishShit" before. The only thing I smell in the product is the "shit" part. It's enough to gag you. We've found cheaper alternatives which are equally foul smelling. They work ... they work well even. They also smell up the grow room for a while.
The stuff we make just smells like soy sauce,not bad at all.we just take a five gallon bucket and do a layer of fish layer of sugar layer of fish layer of sugar over and over until its full then forget about of for six months.stain off liquid after six months.the older it gets the better it smells .we make small batches of it food grade and use it on stir frys and rice. No fish smell.it ages like liquor. The older the better. Plants love it .we use 1 teaspoon to gallon of water

TSD

TSD

I enjoy gardening. I like knowing how my weed is grown, that it's not sprayed with a bunch of chemicals. No commercial grown is going to have the amount of time and care in it that my own does... they're not spending a month plus curing, most of it is tumbled. Like most other home growers say, I grow because I can get a better final product than the dispensaries or even black market sellers have, because everything I have access to comes from Cali commercial grow ops. Home grown is just better...once you know what you're doing anyway lol.

Top Bottom