A new quad in town

• Thread starter CaptainKhronik
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CaptainKhronik

CaptainKhronik

Hello my name is Ken, I'm a quadriplegic living in Oregon. I will be going into my first indoor grow in January. Formerly a Oregon medical marijuana program patient for about 15 years having medication provided to me through a co-op of sorts. I was receiving some really quality medicine at the time and have found it difficult to afford the top shelf dispensaries. I've been without a registered grower 4 several years and decided that I should grow my own!
Please share any stories or anecdotes that might be helpful in my endeavors. I will be converting a closet into a grow space using paint, mylar or whatever combination of materials might improve reflective surfaces otherwise.. I hope I get to know you all better in this space as we navigate the pandemic! Thank you in advance for your replies and guidance on the kind.

I'm a Sagittarius, 6-foot 3 and 190 pounds brown eyes and hair. Life-long Oregonian.

Cracken

Cracken

For basics, flat white paint, a healthy soil mix and a decent light. I don't know your budget so i dont want to reccomend expensive lights. If you look thru forms on here there are several lights that people swear by, and some that get sworn on. A closet is a pretty small space so you can get away with a smaller light board, or two if the closet is longer. There are many variables that are to be considered when growing in a home. Smell is something that is to be considered if in an apartment, or condo situation. That will require an air filter and inline fan.
As you get your grow underway you can post your questions and there are many people on here ready to help with good advice and helpful information to get you up and running a successful medical supply for yourself. Best of luck, and welcome to THC farmer

CaptainKhronik

CaptainKhronik

Welcome @CaptainKhronik,
I to am a “life long” NW Oregunian!
enjoy The Farm my friend:)

THOUGHTS ON POTS?
I was looking at 30, 45, & 60, even 100 gallon smart pots for the different strains(autos & photos) wants and needs. Living in "wine country" we have red clay/shale up here on the hill. My lowland associates have rich loamy soils and heavy equipment, easily amending each fall with fish from their irrigation pond, composted horse manure, & straw, growing beautiful, tree-mendously bountiful yields. I'm not able to move earth/excavate, so why not a smart pot!? I plan on growing a couple of photos outdoors and a few autos inside.
Given the resources and energies I'm putting toward this project, trial and error doesn't sound appealing. Please advise.

Seeds- check.
Lights/exhaust/filter- check.
Living soil nutes- check
More seeds (why not!?)-check
Grow Pots? help a brother out!?
Growing medium({~2yd OPUS grows or FF)-TBD
THANKS!
CaptainKhroniK

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
THOUGHTS ON POTS?
I was looking at 30, 45, & 60, even 100 gallon smart pots for the different strains(autos & photos) wants and needs. Living in "wine country" we have red clay/shale up here on the hill. My lowland associates have rich loamy soils and heavy equipment, easily amending each fall with fish from their irrigation pond, composted horse manure, & straw, growing beautiful, tree-mendously bountiful yields. I'm not able to move earth/excavate, so why not a smart pot!? I plan on growing a couple of photos outdoors and a few autos inside.
Given the resources and energies I'm putting toward this project, trial and error doesn't sound appealing. Please advise.

Seeds- check.
Lights/exhaust/filter- check.
Living soil nutes- check
More seeds (why not!?)-check
Grow Pots? help a brother out!?
Growing medium({~2yd OPUS grows or FF)-TBD
THANKS!
CaptainKhroniK
What’s your grow room size?
Room Height is really a way to determine pot size (smart)
What is your state location in general?
Amended soil would be the way to go if your going with sizable pots.
There’s plenty of landscape soil suppliers that will fore fill your soil needs to the exact specifications you require

CaptainKhronik

CaptainKhronik

Closet grow; 2 by 7 with 8 foot ceilings. It's standard size. Living in Oregon.
I have the equipment on the way, light/fan/filter/nutes. Probably getting a tote of organic amended soil from Rexius
Forest Products(Eugene) or Fox Farms HQ. Any Oregon soil vendors you might recommend? I plan to use LST & perform super-cropping, trellising, SOG, & SRCOG, as needed.

I can only begin to imagine what I have to learn and experience about being a THCFarmer. I have 25+yrs experience growing veggies in my time. My raised bed/no-till garden in Portland, was in public view. No longer an issue in current housing situation, western Willamette Valley, 600 foot elevation, gentle east/northeast slope, direct sun early/late day shade.

Goodthingsgrow

Goodthingsgrow

Hey Cap.
Welcome.
How‘s the closet coming?
It‘s been a bit.

CaptainKhronik

CaptainKhronik

For basics, flat white paint, a healthy soil mix and a decent light. I don't know your budget so i dont want to reccomend expensive lights. If you look thru forms on here there are several lights that people swear by, and some that get sworn on. A closet is a pretty small space so you can get away with a smaller light board, or two if the closet is longer. There are many variables that are to be considered when growing in a home. Smell is something that is to be considered if in an apartment, or condo situation. That will require an air filter and inline fan.
As you get your grow underway you can post your questions and there are many people on here ready to help with good advice and helpful information to get you up and running a successful medical supply for yourself. Best of luck, and welcome to THC farmer
thank you.
i had a bit of a delay getting it all together. ended up using panda film for walls/floors, vented into 24x40 great room. i purchased a pkg from the green sunshine company. got es300, ac infinity fan/filter and organic nutes. learning as i grow. week 8

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

thank you.
i had a bit of a delay getting it all together. ended up using panda film for walls/floors, vented into 24x40 great room. i purchased a pkg from the green sunshine company. got es300, ac infinity fan/filter and organic nutes. learning as i grow. week 8
That's a good package. I've heard of their light but never used one. They have a good organic nute line also but it's a bit costly. Earth Dust.
What nutes are you using?

Latest posts

Top Bottom