• Thread starter Choppr
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Choppr

Choppr

a must read article for the geeks (like me) -

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Good stuff, but symptoms are not always the same on different cultivars, IMO. For instance, P and K deficiencies can look different from plant to plant.

I'd like to see them purposely cause a lockout and show mulitple problems at once, which is what growers normally face, rather than missing one single element.

steamroller

steamroller

Decent info.
Someone posted it the other day.
I saved it then to use along with my other diagnostic guides.
Plus one with @mysticepipedon .
There is often more then one issue[ some secondary] that would be nice if recognized in their relationships.

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

Good stuff, but symptoms are not always the same on different cultivars, IMO. For instance, P and K deficiencies can look different from plant to plant.

I'd like to see them purposely cause a lockout and show mulitple problems at once, which is what growers normally face, rather than missing one single element.
Decent info.
Someone posted it the other day.
I saved it then to use along with my other diagnostic guides.
Plus one with @mysticepipedon .
There is often more then one issue[ some secondary] that would be nice if recognized in their relationships.
Agreed. Too many variables to be able to pinpoint one specific cause. Maybe a flowchart of some kind showing the interconnecting relationships that bring about certain conditions?

steamroller

steamroller

Maybe a flowchart of some kind showing the interconnecting relationships that bring about certain conditions?
Mulders chart is a good starting point.
I always like to have more resources than needed.

Stimulation: This occurs when the high level of a particular nutrient increases the demand by the plant for another nutrient. For example, increased nitrogen levels create a demand for more magnesium.
mulders-chart

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

You're holding out on us!!!! 😂

Why have we not seen this before? This is awesome but do you have one with plant issues rather than nutrient ion reactions?

steamroller

steamroller

I am sure there are in depth pages that would make a plant guru out of whoever read them [ AKA Aman].
Search Mulders chart I thought this one was plant related.
You need to combine the plant def guides with the chart to reach the most reasonable conclusion.
Eventually practiced enough it would be old hat I would think. More than a few frows probably?
I have 7 different deficiency guides [ 3 or 4 may be useless 95% of the time] and a couple articles on pest.
You really don't need to know the answer if you know where to look? When I see info of value, I save it.
When I bred tropical fish knowing disease and ailments was paramount.
One of my favorite disease links first sentence was " Know your enemy".
Having guides handy can be very helpful in determining your enemy.

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

I am sure there are in depth pages that would make a plant guru out of whoever read them [ AKA Aman].
Search Mulders chart I thought this one was plant related.
You need to combine the plant def guides with the chart to reach the most reasonable conclusion.
Eventually practiced enough it would be old hat I would think. More than a few frows probably?
I have 7 different deficiency guides [ 3 or 4 may be useless 95% of the time] and a couple articles on pest.
You really don't need to know the answer if you know where to look? When I see info of value, I save it.
When I bred tropical fish knowing disease and ailments was paramount.
One of my favorite disease links first sentence was " Know your enemy".
Having guides handy can be very helpful in determining your enemy.
Agreed!! I post charts all the time for newbs so that they have some sort of guide to look to so they don't freak out!!! 😄

Latest posts

Top Bottom