A newb looking for guidance

• Thread starter r3deyejedi
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
r3deyejedi

r3deyejedi

Greetings Farmers its great to be finally reaching out to the community! I am a young, aspiring grower who got fed up with the black market shenanigans of falsely-named, overpriced bud. Over the years my frustration led me to the web, this great vehicle for underground cannabis community. After a good bit of cyber-research, I decided it was time to sign up at this most comprehensive of cultivation resources.

My thumb is far from green but with some veteran tutelage, I hope to get growing some connoisseur nugs.

My projected grow area will be small indoor. I am open to any and all suggestions regarding setups in tents, closets, grow boxes, grow cabinets and the like

P

paulycali

Welcome to the farm r3deyejedi! Lots of green thumbs with helping hands around these parts. Growing your own is always the best way to go if you ask me. Good luck with everything and see you in the threads

r3deyejedi

r3deyejedi

thanks for the warm and quick welcome paulycali! i'll do my best to ask questions that don't already have a bounty of answers provided in past threads.

this is for yourself and any other seasoned farmers who care to kick some knowledge

of course, there are some great and esteemed breeders and other grow pros here at the farm who graciously share their expertise. with regards to indoor growing medium (i.e. organic, soil, soilless, and various hydro techniques) is there a trend towards one particular method that these guru's recommend/endorse/practice themselves?

i.e. higher percentage leaning towards one method or the other

Theoneandonly Z

Theoneandonly Z

Welcome to the farm. Best piece of advice for you is, make ur environment your top priority, dont skimp out. Either fresh air xchange or sealed, take ur time and learn from other successful farmerZ.

BB - u lucky bastard, i thought about snaggin a pack but i thought a day too long. All good though cuz i have some serious pheno exploring to do. Much luck and feel free to share ur experience!

Theoneandonly Z

Theoneandonly Z

thanks for the warm and quick welcome paulycali! i'll do my best to ask questions that don't already have a bounty of answers provided in past threads.

this is for yourself and any other seasoned farmers who care to kick some knowledge

of course, there are some great and esteemed breeders and other grow pros here at the farm who graciously share their expertise. with regards to indoor growing medium (i.e. organic, soil, soilless, and various hydro techniques) is there a trend towards one particular method that these guru's recommend/endorse/practice themselves?

i.e. higher percentage leaning towards one method or the other
Every grow is different, find what method will work best for ur situaution. Expenses play a big part on starting an op

r3deyejedi

r3deyejedi

hey burning bush, in hindsight r3deyejedi probably wasn't the most original i.d. to use since something as dank as those genetics is bound to inspire that name sooner or later. it does have an awful nice ring to it though lol.

r3deyejedi

r3deyejedi

thanks for the tips, Z. I am a tech tard and was clueless about joining a forum like this but its easy to navigate and there's so much to be learned its a little overwhelming

Ohiofarmer

Ohiofarmer

welcome to the farm red eye, when choosing how to set up an op it comes down really to how you want to do things; if this is your first time ever growing i would recommend looking at different grow tents and choosing one to fit your needs, then decide what kind of light, ballast and hood your going to use, many growers prefer organic water only soil recipes which allow a laid back aproach to organics, if it;s your first time i would recommend a cheap nutrient line up from a hydro store so you can begin to understand what is actauuly going on, also i would recommend a nute line that doesn't require constant care in regards to checking ppms and ph, for instance some organic lines if not kept a close eye on will skyrocket ppms and/or have weird ph which can sqrew with certain strains. Also if it's your first time i recommend keeping it fairly cheap and simple. anyways hope this helped. Take it easy

r3deyejedi

r3deyejedi

thanks for the input Ohiofarmer. My first grow (or attempt at one) was an outdoor bagseed project that was quickly thwarted during a very wet Gulf of Mexico-region summer. The idea of a tent within a closet setup intrigues me as it offers the user a good deal environment control without the price of a big ole grow box/cabinet. Now when you say "organic water only soil recipes", do you mean a soil mixture with dry nutrients and water with no nutes?

Thankfully there are several well-inventoried grow shops in my area. What are some idiot-proof nutrient lines you can recommend for my first time? Also can you possibly elaborate on ppm's and ph or point me in the direction of an informative thread on the topic? thanks

Latest posts

Top Bottom