• Thread starter Capulator
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
:sign0065:

Yesterday, I lost two plants. One in a rockwool cube, and one in hydroton. 2 separate reservoirs running two separate tables. They were started in the new AN cubes, which I will never use again due to their poor absorbency of water once they go a little dry.

This morning, I lost another one. The plants wilt and die overnight. The roots coming out the bottom of the net cup are white, but all the roots in the AN cube are brown, and when I break the AN cube up it smells like sewage.

Is this a disease that is spreading through the root system, or is this a problem with the cube and possible overwatering? The rockwool right now only get watered once a day, and the hydroton is on a short cycle getting watered for 5 minutes every 1/2 hour.

Yesterday I lowered the water level to below the AN cube level.

My water temps were too high in this particular room for a week.. 80 degrees. Plants look healthy though, really healthy, and then- :mad0233:.

Anyone experience anything similar ever? I have never encountered this in 15 years of growing hydro. Maybe I have just been lucky..

freegrow

freegrow

Premium Member
Supporter
was that it ?

80* res for how long ..........that temp is the perfect for fungus and pathogens maybe some H202 ...or maybe the cubes had it and the heat let it take a foot hold on some girls? all same strain? ..........good luck CAP

weird though that the roots out of the cube are white huh
thats what led you to over watering huh?

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
80* res for how long ..........that temp is the perfect for fungus and pathogens maybe some H202 ...or maybe the cubes had it and the heat let it take a foot hold on some girls? all same strain? ..........good luck CAP

weird though that the roots out of the cube are white huh
thats what led you to over watering huh?

Yep.

Now that I dropped the water level all is better. I can see new roots pooping out of the small cubes. Next time I will be rooting straight in to the hydroton, or use an ez cloner. NO MIXED MEDIA. I should have known better. I usually root straight in to red lava. then use red lava as a medium. This is my first time with both the AN plugs and the hydroton. I am sure I will be switching back to whats tried, true, and cheaper.

I am supposed to be getting my chiller any day for this site.

Looking now in to furalaxyl as a preventative to root issues. Systemic. Half life in tomatos is 25 days. hit em as soon as the babies have roots, and call it done. Then I can run EWC tea instead of going sterile with no problem.

There is also another product I am looking to try called anti rot, which is completely non toxic. It basically makes the plant boost its own immune system. There are some serious hobbyists in australia that think these prodcuts are the shizzzy.

phenotyper

phenotyper

Have you tried DM Zone? I think this product works really well in my bubble cloner/waterfarm.

freegrow

freegrow

Premium Member
Supporter
cool

glad that you fix it bro:bow

Latest posts

Top Bottom