A question about autos and lighting...

• Thread starter Vexor1717
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Vexor1717

Vexor1717

So I have some autoflowers that I have been running on 12/12 because 1 of my last set of autos turned out to be a photo. Not that photo is done, is it ok to increase the daylight hours on the autos now that they are about halfway done? I'm guessing this could stress them out and effect my yeild. Any advice welcome. Thanks!

Blizz1

Blizz1

That is a good question. I think to answer the question would it stress the plants and the easy answer is yes it would which may be detrimental to your yield.

In my opinion if changes are made in small increments most plants can handle the stress of change. Being auto's and they rely on the age of plant vs amount of light exposure to finish makes one think more light exposure would not be a problem. If it were me, I would increase their exposure in little increments of maybe adding 1 hour a day for a couple days till you get to 18/6 or keep going to 20/4. They will let you know if they like it or not.

Hope this helped.✌🏻

Vexor1717

Vexor1717

That is a good question. I think to answer the question would it stress the plants and the easy answer is yes it would which may be detrimental to your yield.

In my opinion if changes are made in small increments most plants can handle the stress of change. Being auto's and they rely on the age of plant vs amount of light exposure to finish makes one think more light exposure would not be a problem. If it were me, I would increase their exposure in little increments of maybe adding 1 hour a day for a couple days till you get to 18/6 or keep going to 20/4. They will let you know if they like it or not.

Hope this helped.✌🏻
Thanks! Great idea!

Top Bottom