A question on auto top up tanks?

• Thread starter forknowledge
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
forknowledge

forknowledge

A question on topping up the reservoir.

So im currently growing a mini tree in a RDWC system just to get the feel of things so far Ive noticed this one plant drinks more than my body weight lol. This raises the EC a little so I need to add tap water to the res to bring it back down, my question is should I be adding the additives to the plain water I top up with because the plain water dilutes the nutes & additives aswell? Just wondering how you guys go about it.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Never grown RDWC or DWC, but I've raised and kept plenty of fish, including thousands of marine fish. On the face of it I'd have to say top off with water ONLY, but I wouldn't use tap unless I knew for sure that it's very low TDS, very clean water, so as to avoid raising EC even further. This is how it's done with saltwater tanks, otherwise the salinity would gradually come up to intolerable levels.

G

gudkarma

subscribing to the sterile rez concept & some of al b. fuct's grow philosophy, i am a tap water grower.

however, and like so many details al b. never discusses in true detail, i top off with r/o water for reasons seamaiden noted.

also, if your top offs get heavy, keep change outs on a regular schedule to make sure the original (freshly made) n/p/k values stay true (for the lack of proper terms).

C

crossouttheiis

water only unless you gotta leave town for a week and half strength nutes if thats the case.

Top Bottom