A question on PBP Pro Nutes

• Thread starter RansacktheElder
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

RansacktheElder

I've tried to dig out this information but can't really find it in the threads. So here goes...

PBP advises to use their product every time you water. Is this the correct method for me to be using? It seems like even at half strength its to much for them, at least in veg. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
When I used PBP on soil, I only used 10-15 ml. (2-3 tsp.)every watering. RB

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
That's how it's done RTE. You tailor the amount to whatever medium you're using. If you were using a compost with a lot of built in nutrients that were readily available you'd use less, but otherwise I'd max out as RB said 10-15 ml (roughly half of what they recommend on the bottle).

J

jdubz206

good advice rootbound, you're on point 100%..i did the same thing when i was using pbp and got great results...full strength for any nute line is BS imo

R

RansacktheElder

Great! That's exactly what I needed to know. Thanks to all!

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
I forgot to mention that 10-15 ml. is when I was in veg. When I moved to flower I bumped it to 15 ml. I think it it also important that different strains need different nute strengths. Sativa normally need less and indicas need more. The rates I stated seem to be the happy medium between both. Are you using Liquid Karma? RB

R

RansacktheElder

No, unfortunately I haven't picked up any LK yet. I understand that it goes well with the PBP, although I don't understand why exactly. I'll have to pick some up the next time I'm at the hydro store. What exactly does LK accomplish? is it just for bud development, or does it dovetail with the PBP through the whole cycle? Is there a btter alternative? Is there a natural alternative? Just wondering if it's absolutely, drop dead necessary?

I

ismokepot

PBP also recommends using Cal-Mag if you are using RO water at the rate of 5ml per gallon.......

R

RansacktheElder

Two quick questions for you guys, both apply to soil growing:

1. Should you flush your plants two weeks before harvest when using PBP nutes?

2. Has anyone experienced an increase in PH using PBP Pro veg?

og dmc

og dmc

Yes and no. BTW I dont recomend using Lk with this line, you can over do it with humic acid.

S

StonerB

Forget the dose on the bottle. Get yourself an EC or ppm meter then no more guessing. You get an actual number to refer to and use the plants response and runoff checks to let you know when to increase or decrease feeding strength. You must be a farmer not a robot. ANY nute is to be used as needed and the only thing that can tell you how much is needed is YOUR PLANT not a chart or feeding schedule.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
LK is a good foliar. PBP has a lot of ph buffering in to so it will want to sit right around 6.0 to 6.1 (with RO). If you want an additive for soil use Pure Blend Orig. Works well with PBP especially towards the ripening stage . I always ran Floralicious plus with mine in flower.

Oh and soil I feed feed water.

Top Bottom