A question. Sorry if not in right category

• Thread starter kaostheory
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
kaostheory

kaostheory

I have a giant grow area but not really the light to make it work so I'm considering using this old deep freezer. I believe it's about four foot deep, but I have two lights 300 watt led and 1000 watt led. I'm afraid the 1000 will nuke em and the 300 wont be enough. Opinions?

A question sorry if not in right category
kaostheory

kaostheory

If it helps the light you see in that pic is from the 1000 watt led hung in same room

growsince79

growsince79

I have a giant grow area but not really the light to make it work so I'm considering using this old deep freezer. I believe it's about four foot deep, but I have two lights 300 watt led and 1000 watt led. I'm afraid the 1000 will nuke em and the 300 wont be enough. Opinions?
Buy better light and use the freezer to store your jars.

growsince79

growsince79

I thought 1000 would cover the area which is about 4 x8 I was wrong lol
If its really 1000w it might. If its a chinese blurple that they lie and call 1000w when its really 150w then not even close. What kind do you have?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Haven't seen a true 1000w led on the market yet. Likely about 300w at best.

Last edited:
SwiftStixx

SwiftStixx

Sounds like a wattage miss interpreted. The wattage on the unit is not likely what your output is. You should get a light meter to read the actual # being absorbed by each part of the plant grow area. Also, lighting with veg and bloom options are best as they also can combine for full spectrum. I had a 1200 watt ufo light full spectrum. Swapped for 600 watt led with options and my production almost went up 50%. Tri’s better also in long run.
I agree the freezer can be used for curing as controlling the temps should be easier. Sealed for lighting also. Your light height may also not be adequate for the strain. Not all strains like standard 18inch spacing. Some like and need more heat from the light. Others can wilt with stress from the proximity to the light. My kushminst want a light to reach for, my 9lb hammer wants a close light and added warmth.

growsince79

growsince79

You'd want 2 of those 1000W equivalent lights for a 4 x 8 floor area.

Edit: You can also sell the freezer and buy a tent.
Depends on what equivalent means. A 650w HLG is probably equivalent to 1000w hps.
A Chinese blurple that calls itself 1000w that replaces a 400w and is really 200w won't come close.

VIPARSPECTRA Newest Dimmable 1000W LED Grow Light, with Bloom and Veg Dimmer, with Daisy Chain, Dual Chips Full Spectrum LED Grow Lamp for Hydroponic Indoor Plants Veg and Flower(10W LEDs 100Pcs)

Visit the VIPARSPECTRA Store

4.6 out of 5 stars 848 ratings

List Price: $149.99
Price:$99.99 & FREE Shipping. Details & FREE Returns
You Save:$50.00 (33%)

Pay $99.99 $98.73 after using available Discover Cashback Bonus®.

Available at a lower price from other sellers that may not offer free Prime shipping.

Returnable until Jan 31, 2021

Size: Dimmable 1000W grow light

ColorBlack
BrandVIPARSPECTRA
MaterialIron
Light Source typeLED
Item Dimensions LxWxH12.6 x 8.7 x 3 inches

About this item
  • 【Full Spectrum & Double Dimmer】VIPARSPECTRA VA-Series 1000W LED grow light adopt Dual-Chip (10W) LEDs and provides full spectrum lighting (including IR) for all growing stages of plants’ need. The VEG dimmer changes the brightness level for germinating seedlings and promoting early vegetation cycle. The BLOOM dimmer changes the brightness for flowering and fruiting stage. VEG and BLOOM dimmer can be used together with 100% brightness to obtain maximum growth performance throughout all stages.
  • 【Daisy Chain Function】 Daisy Chain feature assists growers to connect multiple lights together with fewer outlets. Each package includes a US power cable, but with a dual purpose of serving as power plug as well as a daisy chain cable. No additional cords is needed, simply plug in the provided power cord into the second light's outlet to connection among multiple units. To ensure safety, each total true wattage of extra connected light must less than 600w, you can maximum link extra 2pcs VA1000.
  • 【Coverage area & Hanging height】The Dimmable 1000W LED grow light is perfect for a 3’x3’ vegetative coverage at 22”and 2.5’x2.5’ flowering coverage at 16”.We recommend hanging the light at 18"-26" with 100% VEG brightness and 60% BLOOM brightness while running the light 18 hrs per day during vegetation stage. During flowering and fruiting stage, hang the light at 18"-24" for 12 hrs per day with 100% brightness on both VEG and BLOOM channel. Remember to properly adjust the height and brightness.
  • 【Efficient Cooling System】 VIPARSPECTRA Dimmable 1000w led grow light uses high speed cooling fans and built-in aluminum heat sinks, which constitutes a powerful cooling system great for heat dissipation while ensuring the long lifespan of the light. This light can replace a 400W HPS/MH lamp while consuming only 230W.
  • 【Worry-free 2 Years US warranty】We are a professional manufacturer who specializes in LED grow lights for many years. Product quality and professional customer service are always our top concern. We offer 2 Years local warranty and 30 days money back guarantee. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us. We will offer you professional guidance to help you and your plants grow better.

Compare with similar items

New & Used (2) from .88 + FREE Shipping

Latest posts

Top Bottom