A quick check before I start!

• Thread starter DrGreenLean
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

DrGreenLean

Hey guys!!

I hope you're all well.

Well, I'm onto my second grow now and I'm going for the DNA Genetics Chiesel Femenized seeds! :mmm

Anyway, that's by the by, I was hoping for a quick check up on my upgraded grow area and set-up before I start these babies!(You know how it is, I gotta be reassured! :sad0047:)

So here we go....

Grow Tent 0.8x0.8x1.6m
Click Here: This is my exact tent.

4mm Extractor Fan with ducting and Carbon filter.

2x Desk fans.

250 Watt HID Lamp with Reflector (Yellow Spectrum)

Growing in soil with Bio Bizz products! :rock

Okay guys... Slaughter me, what do you think my results will be off the above? Decent?

L

Lost

2-3 oz a plant. Look like 4-6 plants? Maybe less, im not 250 hps savvy :)

You could get some pvc and make a frame and scrog the damn thing. If I were growing still growing in closets, thats how i'd roll.. :)

L

Lost

Or do a verticle scrog. Not nuff of those grows around.

D

DrGreenLean

Or do a verticle scrog. Not nuff of those grows around.

Ah I'm not up on scrogs sadly. Wouldn't know where to start if I tried. Although it is on my research list. I hear people get excellent results and it's basically about keeping the cannopy the same across the room.. I think?! :worried

I'll be doing 4 plants this time around. So the prediction of the yield above is a nice boost to moral! :mmm

Thanks man!

DrGL

L

Lost

Dr.Green - I'm a tree farmer, So im probablly not the best to give advice as to how to's on the scrog.

Lots of journals here for that tho. Hopefully a scrogger will come along and help you out :)

J

John Smith Esq.

hey dude, my mate had an identical set up (assuming your fan is an RVK style) but he got away with using a 400w in there and had a small 4 plant hydroponics system too which he had in his loft.

He could really only get 3 in there comfortably so if going for 4 you may need to prune and tie a fair bit later on. also i honestly dont feel scrog is an obvious choice for you, generally Scrog is employed when vertical space is an issue but you have bags of that so i would stick to normal techniques for now, maybe look into Topping/ Fim'ing (cutting the tops off to make more kolas) to increase yeild. Abit further down the line Low Stress Training (tying branches down to create more budsites) may also be advantageous to you.

Overall dude, you got a good setup for someone in your experience, lots of areas you can upgrade as you get more into it but you have the basics covered. As mentioned I do think you could get away with a 400w in there - maybe that should be your next upgrade?

Also my mates tent did have some minor light leaks on the seems of the Zip, weren't serious and easily fixed with some tape or something but just check to make sure your is light proof if you haven't already buddy.

HTH and Good Luck

D

DrGreenLean

Hey John!

Many thanks for the brill advice and info.

It's all set up now and running. I'm going to start a dairy soon and see how it goes!

I have 4 Big Buddha Chiesel Fem under way in there now, 3 days old.

Keep an eye out for it the diary.

Cheers,
DrGL

Latest posts

Top Bottom