A quick question for the breeders

• Thread starter JadedMarxist
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
Sorry as I'm sure this is covered somewhere I just don't have the time to comb thru all the other info here as there is so much. (Good thing).

As it m still catching up with the latest tech, I'm under the assumption that a female who is stressed into hermaphroditeism (idk spelling), will produce all hermy females.

Is that correct? Will they all be females or will some still show up male without any male involvement in the reproduction?

Appreciate any help

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

If there are no males present and plants reverse and polinate themselves or others the resulting seeds will be feminized.

JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
I thought as much but hey tech changes so fast now. The reason I asked was I had a mandarin cookies plant out side last summer among 3 other plants that I found 3 seeds in.

Only 3 out of the whole plant that were noticed I'm sure.

None of my other plants had any seeds at all!

So I assume it hermed on me late stage and only had time to polinate very little.

I did plant an auto fem seed to late and she didn't finish. Anyways

I planted these 3 seeds figuring herm seeds will all show female well I got 1 male and I needed to be sure... These seeds are polinated by a male. Interesting none of my other plants had any seeds and this one was actually in organic garden by the center of a line of plants.

Was very tasty so I'm excited I know none of my neighbours are growing. Idk but I'm excited to see how they turn out gonna keep the male just in case lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom