A Random bud died why....?

• Thread starter upinsmoke3696
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
RootsRuler

RootsRuler

As stated earlier, when you have a branch that rapidly dies, it’s most likely Botrytis. The reason the bud dies is that water is transported through the thin green outer layer of the branch, the xylem. (Not through the inner part of the stem/branch) When this gets damaged water no longer gets to the vegetation (bud).

I’d guess it’s in the main stalk, below or near the dying branches. Inspect the stems and branches, if you see any loss of green color or grey mold, treat with Isopropyl alcohol at full strength (while protecting all vegetation as the ISO will kill the leaves and buds). You can use cotton balls, Qtips or spray bottle to apply daily. This will knock back the Botrytis, but it’s systemic within the plant and impossible to eradicate. So if this is one plant of many, you should series consider trashing the plant before it spreads.
Would Hydrogen Peroxide work also? I was thinking he could add some into into a clear water feed and as it makes it way up the plant the H2O2 could kill the Botrytis?

mancorn

mancorn

Would Hydrogen Peroxide work also? I was thinking he could add some into into a clear water feed and as it makes it way up the plant the H2O2 could kill the Botrytis?
I’ve never heard of H2O2 as a systemic fungicide. You can spray the 3% on stems no problem, but it won’t work near as well as the alcohol. If it is Botrytis, it should be visible. It seems very odd that stems are just dying off and there are no is indication of any problem.

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

I’ve never heard of H2O2 as a systemic fungicide. You can spray the 3% on stems no problem, but it won’t work near as well as the alcohol. If it is Botrytis, it should be visible. It seems very odd that stems are just dying off and there are no is indication of any problem.
I'm thinking if the DWC guys running sterile systems can run peroxide why not in soil other than you'll kill off most, if not all, microbial life in the soil.

JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
By the time the h202 hits the soil it's just regular h2o the extra oxygen atom attaches itself to any organic material including the flesh of people who insist on using it clean wounds! And oxidizes it so the plant won't actually uptake h202 as a solution. Dwc guys use it to clean out bacteria in there rez not systemically.

If that makes sense?

mancorn

mancorn

Here’s a good picture of the Botrytis in a stem.

883EBF97 FB6F 4C92 8DD3 0FC9D85E825C

GrowHobo

GrowHobo

Maybe an advance Fusarium wilt? They are finding it in buds just spitballing really

Top Bottom