A SpiderFarmer SF2000 (original) PPFD maps created w/ PPFD Meter app and UNI-T Lux meter

• Thread starter IamN2pot
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
I

IamN2pot

I have purchased the PPFD Meter app and the UNI-T lux meter with bluetooth to make PPFD maps. If you would like more information on this inexpensive setup, here is the youtube link.

These first pictures are of my 'open area' reading. They were taken in my garage with no reflective walls and only dim, indirect light from the north facing garage door windows, so no real measurable addional light source.
The area is 2'x4' with a 6"x6" grid and the app is set to a 3500k + 10% 660nm, exactly what this lamp has.
Actual measured wattage draw was 205.5w at 100% power.
I also took 4 measurements last night with my new watt meter, this one from Amazon, at different power levels and where that wattage is on the dial. Details as follows:
In a closet on panda black/white, in the center of the lamp and at 19" height. The reading was 688 at 205w and at 101w the reading was 348. I repeated the test at 11" height. The reading was 1395 at 205w and 719 at 101w. I always wondered if the ratio of watts to PAR was about 50/50 and it seems very close. Half the watts equals half the light, at least in this model.

FYI, this lamp was purchased in mid June, 2020. That makes it almost 2 1/2 years old and has been used on a 18/6 cycle most of it's life since. These PPFD maps are only for compairison to Spider Farmers PPFD maps. ENJOY them, please!

A spiderfarmer sf2000 original ppfd maps created w ppfd meter app and uni t lux meter
A spiderfarmer sf2000 original ppfd maps created w ppfd meter app and uni t lux meter 2

A spiderfarmer sf2000 original ppfd maps created w ppfd meter app and uni t lux meter 3
A spiderfarmer sf2000 original ppfd maps created w ppfd meter app and uni t lux meter 4

Now for the PPFD maps inside a closed, 2'x4'x5'tall tent. The picture shows where I was compairing with the styrofoam wall verses closing the tent door. Closing the door won.
I will post a copy of Spider Farmers PPFD map for this light as well at the same distances.
I took reading at 12", 16", 18" and 22". Spider Farmers reading are at 12", 16" and 18" for comparison.
A spiderfarmer sf2000 original ppfd maps created w ppfd meter app and uni t lux meter 5
A spiderfarmer sf2000 original ppfd maps created w ppfd meter app and uni t lux meter 6

A spiderfarmer sf2000 original ppfd maps created w ppfd meter app and uni t lux meter 7
A spiderfarmer sf2000 original ppfd maps created w ppfd meter app and uni t lux meter 8
A spiderfarmer sf2000 original ppfd maps created w ppfd meter app and uni t lux meter 13
A spiderfarmer sf2000 original ppfd maps created w ppfd meter app and uni t lux meter 9
Sf 2000 ppfd

...and here are pictures of the "dimmer" knob possition and the actual corrisponding wattage. (translation: 65% on the knob is about 50% on the watt meter 🙃).
A spiderfarmer sf2000 original ppfd maps created w ppfd meter app and uni t lux meter 11
A spiderfarmer sf2000 original ppfd maps created w ppfd meter app and uni t lux meter 12

I will be posting more maps. Up next, a 4 tube x 4' T5 Floro, converted to Phillips 5000k LED's for early seedling and veg growth.

Latest posts

Top Bottom