A sure way to yield well(using math)

• Thread starter Jeezer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jeezer

Jeezer

I see alot of ppl on here concerned about yield. I wanna share the way i calculate my yield based on the number of tops. I always aim for 2 elbows per light.
Ok so heres my technique:

Lets say i have

1kw light
4x4 space

You dont have to be a master grower to get this kind of yield at home.
You just have to think math.

If i put 1 plant per sqr/ft i can fit 16 plants perfectly.
For me to pull 32 zips i have to average 2 zips per plant.
(16 plants x 2 zips each = 32 zips = 2lb)

So now the trick is getting the plants to yield 2 zips each.
The way i do it is i Take a plant and train it to have 4 tops. (3week veg)
For me to pull 2 lbs, each top(along with its branches) needs to yield 14g total.
14g x 4 branches = 2 zips

I pulled 2lbs with blue dream last run and i had alot of room for improvement. Temps were crazy high, i would forget to water every now n then, i had no co2, no additives(just gen hydro 3 part) and i cut them down too early ( week 9)

D

DixinCider

it's more then just topping lol. good environment, proper feeding, and training ( proper size too but you got that, 4x4 of canopy per 1000w, even 5x5, but you might get some larf)
if you start soil it's easier because the soil has a buffer of nutes already, so it helps if you're nute mix is low on something you dont pick up tell you learn a little more (so you're first chop isn't tottaly shit like most are, but don't like to admit) btw this is for elites. i just saw you grew blue dream, shes a piggy

D

DixinCider

nah...im posting in the thread you made, adding to the info...

supercharged

supercharged

I see alot of ppl on here concerned about yield. I wanna share the way i calculate my yield based on the number of tops. I always aim for 2 elbows per light.
Ok so heres my technique:

Lets say i have

1kw light
4x4 space

You dont have to be a master grower to get this kind of yield at home.
You just have to think math.

If i put 1 plant per sqr/ft i can fit 16 plants perfectly.
For me to pull 32 zips i have to average 2 zips per plant.
(16 plants x 2 zips each = 32 zips = 2lb)

So now the trick is getting the plants to yield 2 zips each.
The way i do it is i Take a plant and train it to have 4 tops. (3week veg)
For me to pull 2 lbs, each top(along with its branches) needs to yield 14g total.
14g x 4 branches = 2 zips

I pulled 2lbs with blue dream last run and i had alot of room for improvement. Temps were crazy high, i would forget to water every now n then, i had no co2, no additives(just gen hydro 3 part) and i cut them down too early ( week 9)

sounds just like the way im tryin2 do it in soil bro under a bit less light with a bit less space.
hope i can pull 14g a stem wen i get it dialed, how tall r ur finishin plants bro?

peace, sc

Jeezer

Jeezer

Depending on the strain, 14 g per main branch is not that hard to do. Most of my top colas alone weigh 5-7g each. Plus all the other budsites further down the branch usually add up to 14g+.
My plants finished at 2.5-3 ft

I was gonna do 5x5 next time but i think goin vertical would be even better:harvest:

D

DixinCider

yup, vertical is the best yield per bulb is you're effective at coving a 360 degree canopy

Top Bottom