A Tale of Two Seedbanks

• Thread starter JayBee
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JayBee

JayBee

International Toker
Supporter
Very recently had to two shipments from two seedbanks not show up. They were sent to different safe addys and at both of those safe addresses I have gotten seeds delivered for more recent orders (so seems like no particular issues with the adresses in question). One of the seedbanks is in Canada and my order was sent soon after the strike ended so I think that may have been part of it. The other seedbank I am not even sure had the correct adress or even if the seeds were sent since they wont answer my messages- they are in the EU.

I have ordered from both seedbanks many, many times over the past few years- canada seedbank all orders always got to me till now. EU bank had one lost order in the past and was just SOL. Why do i keep ordering? Because i have always gotten other orders, and figured it was just local post screw up. Also they have unique beans that are tough to get anywhere else.

Canada seed bank initially said they would wait and send me the seeds again if they got returned, however after many months and nothing they said last night to send another addy and they would send new. These are super expensive beans (200 for 3 beans!) and I cant tell you how much I apreciate them doing this. I know they cant know for sure if i am for real or pulling a fast one- so them giving me the benefit of the doubt on this means they have a more than loyal customer for life! No doubt with all the future orders they get from me and my friends, not to mention the value of my recomending them online in the future- well that is awesome customer service AND smart business.

On the other hand the EU bank wont even reply to emails to confirm seeds were sent. I think it is possible they were, or more possible they forgot to send them- but fact that they wont even respond, just leaves the most bitter of tastes in this customers mouth. Beyond that, the thousands of dollars from me spent each year will now be going somewhere else, all for 130 dollar order screwed up! Even an email saying we are really sorry but you are S.O.L. is better than no emails at all... Only in the canna biz folks...:mad0233:

End Rant Now.

JB

ProdigyGrower

ProdigyGrower

Alien Junkie and bush master
Supporter
I feel you bro I too have just recently not revived a order myself and I know how bad it sux especially this order for me it was the most important seeds that I have ever ordered I'm still waiting on someone to respond to me which I hope they will as I hope you get your gear as well.

pimpin

pimpin

strain hoarder
Supporter
im in the same boat cooky things going on received all orders but from one place lately have not just waiting for a reply well see

M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
Seeds

I've ordered dozens of times from different seed banks and always got what I ordered. I ordered 600$ worth of seeds from Dr. Greenthumb myself and they were eaten by mice (long story) in my basement(keep away from The Dope). But the Dr seems cool, he didn't replace the ones the mice ate, but I didn't expect him to. But he did sell me the Dope for 225$ and it was average with 1/2 auto's, he told me I wouldn't have to buy another seed it was so good. Now not returning an email is rude and lazy(sounds like its been a while). When I send an email I don't expect a return email for at least a week because the person may be on vacation. I have driven to canada and bought seeds and that is a long day. I think the mail is pretty reliable these days so hopefully we all will receive our seeds. I know there are unreliable seed banks out there, but most of us aren't waiting on one of those. What I really believe is that patience is a virtue and good things come to those who wait. So we should relax and burn something that erases our mind for a while. I just happen to have a whole crop that does exactly that. I hope you guys get what you are looking for, as you can tell I'm extremely HIGH. Good luck mates

mal

MARTA

MARTA

I'm right here with you...

5 years ordering, I have ALWAYS received what I have ordered...

Until recently, I am currently assed out for $640.00 USD.

I had an order take 75 days to get here last December.

I hope these two recent orders show up. :sweating

Maybe it's because USPS is almost bankrupt, and operating on 1/8 staff of 5 years ago.

Doesn't look like anyone is interested in acquiring it either.

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
sometimes these seed companies run outta stock as well and keep putting people off, cause they are waiting on a breeder to send them in some more stock. most seedbanks dont have a number of how many seeds are left.

SCARHOLE

SCARHOLE

Dr greenthumb is very legit IMHO.
Been in business for 15 years.

Hes answered all my e mails the same day.
Docs a stand up guy.

But if Customs got em you'll have to buy more.

An as for attitude, good luck with em returning an email or answering the phone...

Ps
I talked with a incredible fellow at MNS Forum recently whose known Neville for 22 yrs an dogless a bit less. He assured me that dogless did get pure g13 for trading garlic bud an Ortega
Indica. Witch he sold to DrGT.

ProdigyGrower

ProdigyGrower

Alien Junkie and bush master
Supporter
ya i feel ya but when you pre order the seeds thats should not be a problem

B

Bluenoser

Dr greenthumb is very legit IMHO.
Been in business for 15 years.

Hes answered all my e mails the same day.
Docs a stand up guy.

But if Customs got em you'll have to buy more.

An as for attitude, good luck with em returning an email or answering the phone...

Ps
I talked with a incredible fellow at MNS Forum recently whose known Neville for 22 yrs an dogless a bit less. He assured me that dogless did get pure g13 for trading garlic bud an Ortega
Indica. Witch he sold to DrGT.

I always did believe Doc when he said it was pure G13 because he was always so straight up in my dealings with him and remember they said that his Bubba wasn't Bubba and his OG wasn't OG and his Cindy 99 wasn't Cindy and his Sour Diesel wasn't SD and so on but in the fullness of time they all were what they were supposed to be and all superior examples of each. There was a lot of scepticism and outrage around the G13 seed release but now that there are so many grow journals of it and so many oldtimers including Neville saying that's the exact plant, I think it's safe to say it is G13 and that it's what it's supposed to be.

iscrog4food

iscrog4food

I have never lost an order either thankfully! Those of you who did loose orders post the name of the seed bank! Also if customs takes your shit you will know because they will send you a letter ( happened to a buddy of mine). I have ordered from nirvana, attitude and thcbay and never had a problem. I do usually pay for stealth shipping so it is gaurenteed. I was gonna upgrade my membership on here if Raskal ever returns with the next drop but who knows?

T

TreFarmer

5 Weeks
;) Tall pheno smells like I remember for sure so far.... Small chubby pheno is more fruity with slight bubble gum. And both the phenos make clones that are just that, clones... look identical and grow almost in sync. Pretty fun to watch..:icon_animal26:
Tall Pheno, sorry for the blurry photo the lights were off and it the camera focused on the background. about 5.5 feet tall
DSC_0412.jpg
G_Tall_blurry.jpg

Squat Pheno about 4 feet tall
G_Squat.jpg

Good luck... Hit me if you don't get 'em...;)

pimpin

pimpin

strain hoarder
Supporter
this is what i say atleast if you receive a customs letter you no its not the senders fault

Madjag

Madjag

Stealth Is Wealth

In this world of proliferating seed companies, a reliable source that knows how to ship stealthily, does not include any invoice or identifying papers inside, and is not on some sort of watch list (which most Canadian companies certainly are these days since Marc Emery's fall), is worth its weight in Santa Marta Gold.

Only a few others compare with my current favorite: www.SeedsDirect.info

This is the GoldenSeed collective's seedbank:

"Goldenseed are an enthusiastic and knowledgeable group of growers, breeders and seed retailers offering an unrivalled service dedicated to the premise that happy customers come back for more. This way we keep our prices low and our seedstocks fresh."

They take PayPal, one of only two other companies out of 25 that I have surveyed, and do not take orders on their website, only by email. Their stealth methods are superior to most other seeds company's styles without paying extra or requesting it. It's their default method of shipping. They have a limited number of seed company's seeds, however their own lines like JackFrost are superb.

Madjag

Madjag

Rip Off Seed Sites

I believe that this info will be useful and pertinent for all farmers:

The Canadian Hempco keeps mutating in hopes of evading the public eye. Here is the 4th website that is a clone of Canadian Hemp Co and offers the same ridiculous assortment of entheogens, EMF protection equipment, coca seeds and live plants in addition to virtually every variety of cannabis seed available:

http://www.sensigrains.com/

As Shantibaba said, they are not a certified Mr. Nice seed outlet even though they offer their seeds without permission. That's because if you do receive seeds from them at all they will be worthless substitutes.

BEWARE: this is a bogus seed site and several farmers have been ripped off by them.

For those just picking up on this thread concerning bogus, rip-off seed websites, here again is the original fake seed sales site and its clones:

Canadian Hemp Co
http://canadianhempco.com/

Seedman marijuana seeds boutique
http://www.seedman.co.uk/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=4_64&zenid=nuld1fh85m7d3eecodpca4nrn1

Twist of Nature
http://www.detoxp.com/

Ashley Pink
http://www.sensigrains.com/

Top Bottom