AACT Concentrate?

• Thread starter aireoponics
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

aireoponics

Hey Guys I Normally brew my tea at normal levels but this summer with bigger outdoor gardens I feel that it would be easier to brew my AACT at concentrated levels. For example: I normally use 3 cup worm castings/ 5 gal. So if I wanted to make 25 gallons, I would need 15 cups wormcastings. could I add these 15 cups wormcastings to 5 gallons of water and re-dilute it 1g-4g water?

M

mrbong73

Hey Guys I Normally brew my tea at normal levels but this summer with bigger outdoor gardens I feel that it would be easier to brew my AACT at concentrated levels. For example: I normally use 3 cup worm castings/ 5 gal. So if I wanted to make 25 gallons, I would need 15 cups wormcastings. could I add these 15 cups wormcastings to 5 gallons of water and re-dilute it 1g-4g water?

Not a good idea. Putting too much compost/ewc will result in a lesser quality tea (imo) mainly because it will be very difficult to provide enough air to maintain adequate dissolved oxygen levels.

mrb

A

aireoponics

I have an industrial air pump that could provide more than enough air, if thats the problem.

M

mrbong73

I would stick to the ratios provided here.

For fifty gallons of water he recommends 19 cups max. compost/vermi.

What's your pump lpm or cfm?

D

DANKSY

Premium Member
Supporter
when i make my tea, i make it a half the water... then before feeding i add the same amount of fresh water... i am sure ytou could concentrate it even a lil more...

Blaze

Blaze

Not a good idea. Putting too much compost/ewc will result in a lesser quality tea (imo) mainly because it will be very difficult to provide enough air to maintain adequate dissolved oxygen levels.

mrb

I would also agree with mrb. Less is more with AACT - if the ppms get too high (which using a ton of EWC and compost can do) it will hinder the effectivness. Just build a bigger brewer if you need more AACT. Also, IMHO most people use waaaay more AACT than needed. For ag purposes, a 5 gal brewer will do 1 acre.

C

CT Guy

I use a 51 liter/min pump on a 5 gallon system. I've extensively tested this design with both the microscope and lab tests. I consider it adequate for dissolved oxygen, but wouldn't go with any more than 5 gallons for the pump. The brew time takes somewhere between 24-36 hours (24 hours at 70F).

ACT by definition is concentrated, you can't concentrate a concentrate! :)

Oh, and my recipe is 1 heaping cup of total compost (lab tested) and KIS Foods ()

Other recipes and ratios are posted at the link already provided to microbeorganics.com

More info. at www.gardeningwithmicrobes.com in the articles section.

Hope that helps!

C

CT Guy

I would also agree with mrb. Less is more with AACT - if the ppms get too high (which using a ton of EWC and compost can do) it will hinder the effectivness. Just build a bigger brewer if you need more AACT. Also, IMHO most people use waaaay more AACT than needed. For ag purposes, a 5 gal brewer will do 1 acre.

Standard rates are as follows:
20 gal./acre for soil drench/turf applications
5 gal./acre for foliar applications up to 5 ft in height.

Think of water as merely a carrier, a way to get an even application over your area.

For growers like you guys, 5 gallons is more than enough. Hit the soil and do a foliar as well to cover the leaf surface.

I typically recommend applications every 10-14 days when people ask me about cannabis. For a lawn or garden, you're looking at 5 applications a year during the growing season on average...

Hope that helps!

A

aireoponics

I am currently using this on my indoor house plants at a rate of
1 cup worm castings
2 cups ancient forest humus
2 cups local humus
24 oz human urine
10ml carob molassas
10ml Earth Juice Catalyst
20ml Bio Thrive Bloom
4ml Thrive alive Green lable
10ml Calmag GH organic

I use this mix to water my plants once a week, I also add
30ml Synergy
10ml Bio Marine

The question I was asking first referred to my outdoor Veggie garden this summer. So from what I understand I should only brew this up a few times over the season, and water with my nutrients normaly every time else. Would you say this would go for my Indoor? Also should I knock down the amount of wormcastings I brew when they are in Bloom?

M

mrbong73

aireoponics:
I think you would be better off brewing a high quality tea using a minimum amount of material and foodstock.
Don't try and feed the plants with your AACT. If you want make your nutrient tea recipe and alternate between the two.
Here is an example of my last AACT tea recipe:
1.5 cups compost/ewc mix
2 tablespoons alfalfa meal
1 tablespoon kelp meal
2 tablespoons molasses
2 tablespoons fish hydrolysate

50 lpm pump with pvc diffuser in 4.5 gallons of water
brewed 26 hrs at 60*

I mixed that with ten gallons of water and applied with watering can to my entire yard plus med garden. Sometimes I use a backpack sprayer.

mrb

Top Bottom