? About air tight room...

• Thread starter Slowitdown
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
fishwhistle

fishwhistle

That is a bad ass dehumid but god damn man they want 2k for it. But the question still remains about the evap cooler what do you recommend?

The one i have is here,
mine is older and looks a bit different but basically the same.I like the porta cools more but they werent available to me at the time,
Ill add again that sealed rooms are NOT CHEAP,I did not buy that dehuey because i wanted too i did it because i needed(had) too and it was more like 11 or 1200 if i remember right(i try to forget!)

Slowitdown

Slowitdown

The one i have is here,
mine is older and looks a bit different but basically the same.I like the porta cools more but they werent available to me at the time,
Ill add again that sealed rooms are NOT CHEAP,I did not buy that dehuey because i wanted too i did it because i needed(had) too and it was more like 11 or 1200 if i remember right(i try to forget!)

@fishwhistle that postacool cyclone from Homedepot looks good. You connect to your RO filter? Also, you run that with Lights on then the dehum with lights off? So, you are connecting controllers or timers to both units?

Slowitdown

Slowitdown

The one i have is here,

Walter was also saying know two birds out with one stone. You think this unit along with the two minisplits will be enough cooling?

Slowitdown

Slowitdown

Portacool cyclone looks dope!! It's tough to say if it will be enough. You could add more inline cooling fans. The more efficient the air cooling of the lights the less BtU's you will need.

Going to have 4 tornado inline fans.

WalterWhiteFire

WalterWhiteFire

Yeah. Sealed rooms are more complicated and expensive than its worth. IMO. Super fun to design/build and grow with tho!

MedicineFarm

MedicineFarm

I have been setting up a lot of air circuits for multiple light configurations using some rigid ducting. for example i use a 10" or 12" fresh air intake, rigid main that has 8" drops cut in where the centers of the lights are located. from the lights it goes to a centered exhaust main 10" with the same 8" drops cut in from there the exhaust fan is pulling through all lights with no "leap frogging" of hot air from one light to another. your location is always a factor. i am lucky enough to live in a cool climate, the one pic is a 16 light room that was cooled by one 12" max fan. like walt said cool them lights and the a/c requirements will be few.oh ya the ends of the mains are capped off and sealed. so I'm bringing cool air in from the same end of the two intake mains and exhausting out the opposite side of the middle exhaust main . this pressurizes the air to give equal draw across all lights. the photos are in order left side intake,middle exhaust,and right side intake.
Photo 5

HeadGrow

HeadGrow

wow that's some close lighting. Nice ductwork man! Looks so clean. I went away from air cooling my hoods in my sealed room because I was pulling the air from outside and when it's cold outside the cold air would condensate huge going thru the hot lights and would drip water off my ducts. I still have my air cooled hoods hung, I just turned my fan off and let the mini split take care of the heat. I can now get my humidity down to 40% if i want with my AC and dehueys.

Everyone that's running a sealed room and running it at 70% RH; is that during all stages of growth? I'll let my RH get into the 60's and 70's during veg and the first couple weeks of flower but I would be scared to run at 70% when i've got a room full of fat colas. Nobody has bud rot issues or PM running in this fashion?

sealed138

sealed138

First Starfighter
Supporter
If your room is truly sealed it shouldn't matter what climate you're in.

Sealed you don't think your yield would be extra crushing if you balanced out environmental triangle? You boost everything in the enviroment but the RH?

Low RH might not kill your plants(VPD) but if your trying get the most out of the investment it's best to run it at optimum levels. 1500ppm temps in the low 80's RH in the 70's. IME.

Rh in the 70% range is above optimum for flowering. I'd say my rooms are completely dialed. Proper temps/co2/humidity both day and night.
Also I can build these rooms for just slightly more cost than a room with intake exhaust setup. If you take security into consideration, I believe a sealed room to be FAR superior.

MedicineFarm

MedicineFarm

we used insulated ducting on the intake side and a fan speed controller on the max fan. the controller was a variable voltage type like clockwork recommends. this allowed us to dial in all the factors year round . temps, rh,etc. the cost on the three main runs of custom rigid ducting ran us $450 p;us the one 12" max fan. we found the speed controller for $109. this is totally affordable and over time it more than pays for itself by being able to run less a/c. plus its fun to dial it all in! sealed138 is right FAR superior.

coloradro

coloradro

Running a 6k sealed room with air cooled lights all being controlled by an agrowtek environmental controller.... had my RH about low 60s and went and bought a dehumidifier to keep the RH in the 40s after week 3... am I doing it wrong here? First time with a completely sealed room...
Temps are mid to high 70s
RH is about 45% now but can be ajusted...
Co2 stays between 1300-1500 ppm while lights are on...
Night temps are about 3 degrees higher or lower then flower at all times...

Any tips are greatly appreciated

Dro

MedicineFarm

MedicineFarm

I'm running humidity at 65 during most of the run then i only turn it down to about 50. I'm not familiar with the agrowtek controller. i run a sentinel that will exhaust the room at the set levels but it is also interlocked with the cooling device which is my fresh air intake to the room. if humidity gets to high or the temp gets to high both turn on and exchange the room quickly. also it turns off the co2 when they are on so it conserves the co2. 40s sounds good too i think you are on the right track.60s are fine for the most part.

Latest posts

Top Bottom