About lights.

• Thread starter zorglub
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Z

zorglub

If you are flowering with only one lamp, what kind of bulp would you use?

1. A normal hps bulp.

Or..

2. A hps bulp with enhanced blue spectrum.

Zorg

Z

zorglub

It will be horz. I'm sorry but i don't understand the meaning of the eye's blue stuff ( I'm from Denmark) I have to chose between:

1. A normal hps bulp.

400 Watt Philips SON-T Plus, Kelvin:? Lumen: ?

400 Watt Osram NAV-T Super HPS, Kelvin: 2000, Lumen: 55000

400 Watt GIB Extreme Output, Kelvin: 2000, Lumen: 58000

Or..

2. A hps bulp with enhanced blue spectrum.

400 Watt Osram Plantastar, Kelvin:? Lumen: ?

400 W Sylvania GroLux, Kelvin: 2050 Lumen: 58000

400 W Philips Agro HPS, Kelvin: 2050, Lumen: 55000

Hygge Zorg

S

SeenTheLight

I run a GroLux as its dual spectrum and would recommend it.

J

Jalisco Kid

Hortilux Eye Blue is one of the best bulbs. I will put the spectrum up for comparison of these other wanna be bulbs.lol Suerte JK

Blue spectrum
Z

zorglub

I found this description:

...The Eye Hortilux Blue bulb is ideal for the seedling and vegetative stages of plant growth, while still emitting a wide spectral distribution. Because this bulb provides near perfect replication of natural sunlight it is also ideal for Pharmacology, Biotechnology, and Plant Physiology research or wherever crisp white light is needed...

Would you stil use it for flowering?

I am using a Mh for vegge. It is bought for saltwater akvaries, works perfekt for growing and then it fits with my hps balast.

Zorglub

Z

zorglub

They are proberly very diffecult for me to optain, but if i get the chance, i would go for a trie. Like the ideer of fullspec. and the use of maybe only one kind of bulb. It must be stressfull for the plants when you shift from MH to HPS over night.

Zorglub

G

greenthumb

what ever bulb you finally decide on you should buy a uvb/uva bulb for desert reptiles 10%uvb it make your weed smell a whole lot stronger!and it improves the taste too.

Z

zorglub

what ever bulb you finally decide on you should buy a uvb/uva bulb for desert reptiles 10%uvb it make your weed smell a whole lot stronger!and it improves the taste too.

I know them very well. I have reptiles my self. They are nesesery for the the produktion of d3 vitamin. What would they do for plants? My stuff is stinky an tasty, i wonder if i could notis mutch difference with a 34 watt reptiglo?

Zorglub

G

greenthumb

look up marijuana man on you tube he will explain it far better than i can!
As far as i understand it all of the strongest strains in the world come from equitorial or near to the equator (strongeruvb-uva).
but i have had a very noticable increase in smell and taste plus my plants at 21days flower are white with chrystals.
The difference is amazing they had sparklers before but now everytime i look at them all i can think is yum yum.

Z

zorglub

How do you distribute the ligt with only one tube,what if i have 7 plants surounding a 400 watt bulb. If you want to use uva/b over a larger area i could give you a tip.Use smaller, normal kind of energi saving bulps,from reptiglo, 4 x 15watt.:cool0041:

But, i would like to see a blindtest:rasta:

Zorglub

D

Denny Crane

I looked at the "Conversion/Dual-Spectrum" bulbs, and found that in order to get the best of both worlds, you sacrifice lumens. That sacrifice can be quite substantial.

I ran a test grow this year growing everyone under 2 400w MH, and 2 400w HPS, with an area of mixed light in the middle. I left them where they were and didn't move the girls around. The buds under the HPS seemed a bit bigger and denser than those from under the MH.

The thing to do would be to get an HPS ballast (Magnetic), and put a switch in isolating the ignitor wire (to take the ignitor out of the equation). You can "supposedly" run an MH bulb with and HPS ballast that way. I don't seem to be able to locate the schematic, but there are threads all over the net on how to convert an HPS ballast to a dual HPS/MH ballast. I just bought 7 new ballasts, and will try it with one. Stay tuned for more at 11.

G

greenthumb

I hang mine down the middle of my room!.
Its supposed to be used anywhere up to 12 inches away from plants.
The plants closest to the bulb are literally completely covered in trics!
even the fan leaves have trics over them too.
Honestly its a lot better with the uvb the difference is unbeliveable i didnt think it would make so much difference as they were caked and stunk before.

Top Bottom