about Plant leaves turn yellow and lighting

• Thread starter Yotika
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Y

Yotika

Q ONE :Now I use the Philips 10X24W CFL FOR VEG I ask whether these lights can be sufficient to maintain growth?
Q TWO: The the plant bottom two layers of leaves turn yellow What is the problem?
I hope someone can help in this I am extremely grateful!!!

Barney Dunwell

Barney Dunwell

what is your pH and ppm of the water you're using before you add nutes? what medium are they in? what kind of light? what is the temperature and humidity level? what strains?

WalterWhiteFire

WalterWhiteFire

Is that from a seed? kinda looks like it. Anyways if it is, Id say he is tryin to drop the lowest set of leaves. Have you topped it recently? Its prolly just not getting get enough light(cfls dont have good penetration.)

jagle

jagle

that to me just looks like standard N defiency, are you feeding your plants? and how old are they?

yes those lights are enough to flower, but
1. you may not get a high yield,
2. youll have to keep the lights as close as possible,so ensure maximum return

Y

Yotika

that to me just looks like standard N defiency, are you feeding your plants? and how old are they?

Yesterday I gave fertilizer NPK 30-10-10 plus 1% trace elements
Plant more than a month this case up to now, more than can be restored??
I need to add some light to it??

Y

Yotika

what is your pH and ppm of the water you're using before you add nutes? what medium are they in? what kind of light? what is the temperature and humidity level? what strains?

PH6.0

Y

Yotika

Cort

Cort

I second the "not enough light" theory. You could add some side lighting.

From the look of the leaves being a little crinkley, for lack of a better word, you might have something else going on. Give us an idea of your set up. Specifically temp/humidity, feed and water regimen and what kind of soil those are in. I see you are phing, but whats the ph of your feed and run off.

jagle

jagle

was that your first time feeding?

and yes i would say you can always add more cfls, youll never have enough cfls..
and yeah it can be resorted, well more like you can stop more leafs dying off by feeding and keep the plant healthy

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

You said you gave it a feeding yesterday, but have you fed before that and how often?? Like WhiteFire said it looks like the oldest couple sets of leaves are yellowing off, which happens with just about every seed that I've grown if it wasn't pruned. Put them on a consistent nutrient schedule and cut off the bottom 2 sets of leaves, if other leaves start yellowing after that then you probably have a nutrient or Ph problem. just my 2 cents.

Barney Dunwell

Barney Dunwell

yea i dont know how anyone can give you advice without the information i asked for. anyway, good luck man

jagle

jagle

simple, some bacis advice is not related to environment/temp/humidity, and this guy needs more basic love and care..

and no offence Barney, but i dont think the OP is gonna be able to provide you with what you asked for

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

yea i dont know how anyone can give you advice without the information i asked for. anyway, good luck man

When my 2 sets of bottom leaves start yellowing it rarely has anything to do with temps, RH, light or strain. It could have something to do with ppm's or Ph, but he said he barely fed them so I don't thing its ppm's and I think he's in soil so the Ph of the water won't make a big impact like in hydro.

So thats how I gave him my advice based on experience that I've had with yellowing leaves.

Barney Dunwell

Barney Dunwell

Lol why would I take "offence" to someone not being able to answer simple questions regarding their own garden? Reminds me why I usually stay away from these threads.

::hits bong and leaves thread and doesn't pass::

OctoberDee

OctoberDee

Could it be overwatering? The second picture has a leaf with brown spots. Also when you have high temps and low humidity the leaves will start to yellow from the bottom up like that and also get brown burn spots. It's not just the bottom leaves that are starting to yellow. The next ones up are looking a little yellow too. Could just be they needed the N.. what do they look like by now?

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Could it be overwatering? The second picture has a leaf with brown spots. Also when you have high temps and low humidity the leaves will start to yellow from the bottom up like that and also get brown burn spots. It's not just the bottom leaves that are starting to yellow. The next ones up are looking a little yellow too. Could just be they needed the N.. what do they look like by now?

What do you mean by the "next ones up" because I'm not able to view pics and he said the 2 bottom sets, so are you talking about the 3rd node and higher??

If my plants get overwatered they usually droop and/or leave edges curl down and its hard to overwater unless you water them more then once a day or you use a low-quality medium like top soil that has horrible drainage. When plants get burned from too much heat, its almost always the top leaves that are closest to the lights and that usually doesn't happen with 24w CFL's. I do think your right about them needing more N because N deficiency usually starts at the bottom with big fan leaves.

Anyways, its basically impossible for us to know whats wrong because he won't respond to any of our replies.

OctoberDee

OctoberDee

ˆˆˆ Agreed, its difficult to tell. I use a CFL set up and it's enclosed. Heat from the bulb directly would burn the top leaves if the bulb is too close (for CFL basically touching the bulb) but when there is a lack of air flow and heat is being generated by the CFL(s) the ambient air will heat around the plants, if temps get too high and the humidity lowers the plant is unable to transpire properly and the leaves begin to yellow and fall off. Hard to tell if someone is overwatering with two pics, I was just asking. If you look at the second picture you can see the edge of the leaf above the lower ones turning yellow.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

I can't look at pics so its really hard for me to tell, but your right about the temps getting too high and damaging leaves. Maybe there not that bad because he hasn't been on here since his 1st post??

Latest posts

Top Bottom