About Supercropping?

• Thread starter chromedoggy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
chromedoggy

chromedoggy

How long do you continue to supercop? I've been told to keep on a couple of weeks after I flip 'em.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
How long do you continue to supercop? I've been told to keep on a couple of weeks after I flip 'em.
That is what I have read too.
But I have never messed with my plants after they start flowering
Im scared I will hurt em;)

putembk

putembk

So I was super cropping a plant that I got from cannarado yesterday and have to admit I was a little baked at the time. All was going well until I snapped a branch so bad that it was just hanging. I damn near snapped it off. I got some teflon tape and tried to repair the damage that I had just done. I knew for sure I had killed the branch, but to my surprise it came back and other than the tape all looked normal. Can't believe it came back. Amazing what this plant will take and come back for more. I am trying to get an even canopy across the top to help get a better yield on a low yielding plant. Will let this girl even out across the top and flip to flower.

MtGrownCanna

MtGrownCanna

Super cropping is plant dependent. Some like it, some dont. This plant would otherwise yield for shit, if I didn't grow it like this....
Picture 083

putembk

putembk

Interesting....why would a plant yield more by bending and twisting a branch? I am in the process of doing this right now and have never tried. Thinking I waited to long to start as the plant is about 15" tall. She seems to respond well though, comes right back and has an elbow after about 3 days. What is next?

MtGrownCanna

MtGrownCanna

It's simple really. The end result is the same as SCROG. The difference is I can move my plant around. You need to achieve as many tops as possible, so by bending the main branches and forcing them to grow outward parallel to the floor, the plant stays short but gets wide. All the shoots that are normally bottom scrap, now have lots of light and as you grow the plant outward, these little shoots fill up the inside of the plant. I keep the strong shoots and cut out the weaker ones, pruning to allow even space between these. The idea for me, is to form an even canopy the is about 18 inches in depth, with as many tops as possible. If I only have four branches, that's not much bud. If I have 25 branches....well, you can do the math. Some plants are easy.....you just top them once and they turn into a perfect bush. Stretchy plant's, I find, yield best with this tech or SCROG. Some plants, with either hollow or brittle stems, are very difficult or impossible to SC...

putembk

putembk

It's simple really. The end result is the same as SCROG. The difference is I can move my plant around. You need to achieve as many tops as possible, so by bending the main branches and forcing them to grow outward parallel to the floor, the plant stays short but gets wide. All the shoots that are normally bottom scrap, now have lots of light and as you grow the plant outward, these little shoots fill up the inside of the plant. I keep the strong shoots and cut out the weaker ones, pruning to allow even space between these. The idea for me, is to form an even canopy the is about 18 inches in depth, with as many tops as possible. If I only have four branches, that's not much bud. If I have 25 branches....well, you can do the math. Some plants are easy.....you just top them once and they turn into a perfect bush. Stretchy plant's, I find, yield best with this tech or SCROG. Some plants, with either hollow or brittle stems, are very difficult or impossible to SC...
Thanks, gonna give it my best shot.

Top Bottom