About To Battle Broad Mites

• Thread starter ThinAir
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ThinAir

ThinAir

Unfortunately, my room is infested with the dreaded broad mite. Its taken me months to figure out that is what has been killing my plants but I confirmed it this week under a scope.

Ordered my 3 pack and ready to do battle. I'm thinking full strength tea foliar sprays 4 days apart.

Wish me luck farmers!

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Try the foliar pack. You don't have to make the tea. You can try with just the foliar pack in distilled/non chlor water. Mix 1 tsp/liter. Mix it well. Let it settle for a couple minutes and pour off the top in to the sprayer, avoiding the majority of the talc carrier that will sit at the bottom.

If you can scope and track your progress here I will get OG BIOWAR to send you a free foliar pack 16oz size, enough to use so we can find out if it will work or not.

From what I have read by other users you want to make an application every 4 days. Soak the whole plant the soil, the pots, and even inanimate surfaces. The key is to get the spores to come in contact with the BM.

soserthc1

soserthc1

Yeah Cap I'm down to track my progress here and see if your product alone will eradicate BMs.
Cool do it please as i am interested in seeing them at work documented gonna place another order myself but knock on wood i'm bug free currently and in the past i believe i was using it incorrectly ....

ThinAir

ThinAir

The three pack I ordered arrived on Saturday. I had shit going on and didn't get around to spraying the plants (foliar pack 1 tsp/liter) until last night.

Busted out my scope tonight and took affected leaves from each plant to examine. There are definitely fewer mites than before spraying and most of the ones I did see appeared to be moving at a much slower clip. I am using a non-USB scope so I cannot post scope pics but I do plan on adding some plant pics tonight/tomorrow.

ThinAir

ThinAir

3 photos showing some of the damage. 6 plants total that have BM.

jessejames12345

jessejames12345

I had them bad too , sickening how much damage they can do .
The beanies 'll kill the mites , no doubt . The toxins they leave behind seem to be where the damage continues ...

ThinAir

ThinAir

I am sad to say that I had to kill these plants. After 4 treatments I saw very little difference in the amount of mites. I do think that if the mites were not so far along before my initial application the bennies would have been more effective.

I killed all plants then did a heat treatment and yet another spray of every nook and cranny of my room. Popped new seeds 5 days ago, they got their first bath today. I will continue to spray plants and room weekly and hope for the best.

O

ojd

i would like to say that the caps bennie foliar pack defiantely works for broad mites

i had them for 2 years used all the organic shit i could find and thousands of pounds worth of predators and it did definately hold them back but did not kill them

but the bennies pack wiped them out of 2 grow rooms and i still got half the pack left

i will tell everyone i know about this stuff
its great

i also only used it with distiled water and sprayed every 4 days in veg and 2 weeks into flower
best crop i had in 2 years

just a heads up for anyone having problems with broad mites

peace

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
i would like to say that the caps bennie foliar pack defiantely works for broad mites

i had them for 2 years used all the organic shit i could find and thousands of pounds worth of predators and it did definately hold them back but did not kill them

but the bennies pack wiped them out of 2 grow rooms and i still got half the pack left

i will tell everyone i know about this stuff
its great

i also only used it with distiled water and sprayed every 4 days in veg and 2 weeks into flower
best crop i had in 2 years

just a heads up for anyone having problems with broad mites

peace

Damn @ojd that is awesome. Thanks for sharing that.

Reactions: ojd
Fresh Starts

Fresh Starts

I had the dreaded BM for almost a year at a new spot I opened from the get go. Took me a while to figure out what was going on. I was able to nearly kill them all off twice with just the foliar pack and thats pretty amazing. The key is diligence in application. Imho that means full strength tea sprays on everything in the grow room including you're own penis (or vagina) every other day or everyday as your environment permits.

Eventually I had to break out the forbid because I was hurting so bad but I have seen the power of the packs and I am a believer. :greyalien:

Owlfarm

Owlfarm

I'm wondering how soon symptoms of broad mites go away after eradicating them. I got broad mites and as soon as I realized that was what I had I killed most of my plants. I kept some rooms in veg that were maybe two feet tall and began treating them. All rooms were heat treated to 120-140 degrees for 4-8 hours. I sprayed with forbid, then triazicide, imidicloprid, beta- cyfluthrin, then caps tea, spinosad, azatrol, sylet oil. Added triazicide and imincloprid to the res.
I talked to a testing lab that is into testing for each specific systemic I have treated them with because I don't want any contaminated meds going out. I grow in undercurrent systems and a clean environment.
So my question is after all of this the plants are showing the claw symptom that the mites cause. I'm not sure if this is just residual toxins from the mites, or I just did'nt eradicate them. Or just a stress from the cocktail of sprays. I added aspirin to the res too. It's been around 10 days since I started the treatment, but the claw is getting worse. There aren't any signs of mg deficiency though.
I'm seriously considering getting rid of all plants and heat treating everything then letting everything lie dormant for a month and starting back up from seed. I don't want a constant battle with these things.
Any thoughts guys? Anybody eradicate these things completely without starting over?

north knect

north knect

Sitting dormant for a month or two is the only way I've been able to get rid of these bitchs...I've lost so much it's sickening but I'm good now..think I may perhaps pick up some caps n use reg so I don't run into the issue in my new place

Owlfarm

Owlfarm

Thanks for the info. Did you do anything during the dormant period to sterilize? Or just let everything sit? Did you keep any clones or just kill everything? And was your spray schedule as exhaustive as mine?

T

toquer

Wouldn't painting the grow room fix a bug issue? It took over a week to clean the air last paint job we did.

Owlfarm

Owlfarm

Well heres the update... I killed all the plants except for six tiny seedlings. I might kill those too though. After submerging the plants in 110 degree water for 20 minutes, doing multiple heat treatments, feeding aspirin, spraying forbid, imidacloprin, triazicide, and beta cyfluthrin, then caps tea, nuke em, azatrol and conserve sc, I was still seeing broad mite symptoms. So my next plan is kill all plants, then heat treat all rooms to 140 degrees. I just started germinating a bunch of seeds I've had saved for a while and haven't had the time to pheno hunt through so I'm excited about that.
If anyone has had luck killing everything and starting over let me know. Or if you've done this and the mites have returned let me know. I'm not sure how long I should leave the rooms empty, but I would think with the intense heat and no food source they could'nt last.
I'm also curious about the overwintering abilities of the broad mites. I think they are sub tropical, but I saw one paper from british columbia that said they can overwinter in greenhouses there. That's scary....

Latest posts

Top Bottom